INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality?

+10
hound dog
raqueteer
Mainecoons
CheenaGringo
Parker
David
gringal
CanuckBob
hockables
johninajijic
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality?

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

hound dog wrote:[quote="
Best Italian food is at John's house.

John has never, ever, tasted real Italian food nor a real Italian pizza. That Dawg, who has, as of today, spent 41 year married into a French Parisian family with exquisite culinary Italian and Algerian and Alsatian and Meditteranean and Moroccan and Tunisian food skills and Vietnamese and Thai and Chinese food skills to say nothing of Alabamian food skills and East African and East Indian food skils imtroduced by Bama Dawg, can circle John´s food experiences just by opening one can of garbanzo beans. As far as John is concerned; the turnip truck has still not arrived. John is still searching for that prize in that Cracker Jack box and he´ll never find it.

Just your usual arrogant opinion. No one can cook that many styles of food and be good at it.

Tell us your Italian food experiences and where. I think you are slinging your usual BS. You and CG must be very good friends.

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality? - Page 3 Empty Re: How do you Rate these Restaurants for Food Quality?

Post by Mainecoons Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, I think I see why this thread has gone astray.

Agree about Cinco Portrillos 100 percent David! Haven't tried Go yet.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Quoting John: "No one can cook that many styles of food and be good at it."

You are absolutely correct when someone like yourself is of such limited experience and of a proven closed mind on other foods! Learning how to cook ethnic foods from many different countries is a trial and error process and one learns from their errors. Aside from the constant problem of obtaining the correct ingredients no matter where one lives, it really isn't all that difficult to get a handle on how to prepare various ethnics foods with a certain proficiency. I doubt that the Dawg and Brigitte are claiming to be able to prepare a full range of foods from a particular country but would be more than willing to bet their range would equal your claimed range of foods from Italy. Don't forget that you were the one who took a cruise and never stepped off the ship to possibly experience something new. What? Were you afraid that you might have something that you had not been introduced to before? There are those of us who would never take a cruise nor would we claim to have been somewhere when all we did was go to an all-inclusive resort because we might just have enough confidence in ourselves to actually get an education and truly experience something new.

Who gives a damn about your "trained neighbors" coming over for a free meal that they don't have to prepare? We already now that one couple never cooks at home, so what do they have to compare to? Maybe the preparations of their cooks on the yacht?

Get over yourself and try for once to act like a semi normal human being!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 am

CanuckBob wrote:I would also give Viva Mexico an 8.

My favorite resturante experience period short of a Michelin Star in Napa.

Rose flavored chicken
Viva Mexico platter
Chiles En Nogada

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 pm

David wrote:Hmmm. I always liked Pazzo downtown and Nick's in McMinnville. De Nicola's was always good too.

It is OK but not like Zeffirino in Vegas. Now in the NE you can eat better Italian in any city than you can the best in Oregon.
I am not saying Oregon italian food is bad (yes Nick's is very good) but it doesn't hold a candle to what is available back east.

Until you know you don't know. I was in Lyon once in France. I was happy with the fast food sandwich than a friend I met
took me to a two star resturant and we had a four hour dinner. Best $100 I spent in my life. The cheese plate for dessert was
worth $100 to me. I just didn't know. Now I know and it ruined me. Still searching for that right cheese again. I figure out
that there are four basic cuisines in the world and all other food comes from it. French, Italian, Chinese, and Middle East.

Sigh Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Wise assessment. "You don't know until you know" is just the simple truth.

If you were lucky enough to be born into a very wealthy and sophisticated family......you might not have had the chance to "not know"......but for the 99%, it's another process. A curious and open mind will arrive at the "knowing".

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Does anyone know what the most popular food is, Italian or Chinese?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:51 pm

johninajijic wrote:Does anyone know what the most popular food is, Italian or Chinese?

I’m betting on Chinese, purely suspect because of the “numbers” and no matter where you go most Chinese restaurant are fairly decent, not “gourmet” in any way, but cheap for the quality and food preparation has a long “shelf life”, what you cook today will only be better tomorrow. Many sauces are better the next day, flavors are given time to mingle. And another issue is who do you give credit for “Pizza”? But I’ll still go with Chinese. Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 pm

johninajijic wrote:Does anyone know what the most popular food is, Italian or Chinese?
Two billion or so eat chinese every day,italians learned about pasta from the chinese,I'll take chinese over italian any day.
We just got back from a week at my wife's ranchito in Guanajuato where we dined on cabrito asado estilo Nuevo Leon,chiles rellenos,carnitas,pollo asado,and fresh veggies from the farm,etc. all under some giant shade trees in my father inlaws yard,life is good.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm

viajero wrote:
Two billion or so eat chinese every day,italians learned about pasta from the chinese,I'll take chinese over italian any day.
We just got back from a week at my wife's ranchito in Guanajuato where we dined on cabrito asado estilo Nuevo Leon,chiles rellenos,carnitas,pollo asado,and fresh veggies from the farm,etc. all under some giant shade trees in my father inlaws yard,life is good.
Chris

Why is it, with some, it's always who's better, best, more, or most?

Does it have to be a contest?

I like em both... and the one I'de choose would depend on the day or a toss of a coin...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Gawd, Viajero.........that sounds like a movie fantasy......Yum.

Now, about Pizza..........I understand it started in the Middle East.
Italian pizza is fine in Italy......but IMHO, New Yorkers perfected the cheesey overloaded and all the rest on an eat-it-all crust.

If anyone in driving distance can equal that.......I'm their customer. And yes, I've tried the one way the hell out of town past Chapala and it's not bad, but....

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Gringal we had a great time,nobody goes hungry at this rancho.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
David wrote:Hmmm. I always liked Pazzo downtown and Nick's in McMinnville. De Nicola's was always good too.

It is OK but not like Zeffirino in Vegas. Now in the NE you can eat better Italian in any city than you can the best in Oregon.
I am not saying Oregon italian food is bad (yes Nick's is very good) but it doesn't hold a candle to what is available back east.

Until you know you don't know. I was in Lyon once in France. I was happy with the fast food sandwich than a friend I met
took me to a two star resturant and we had a four hour dinner. Best $100 I spent in my life. The cheese plate for dessert was
worth $100 to me. I just didn't know. Now I know and it ruined me. Still searching for that right cheese again. I figure out
that there are four basic cuisines in the world and all other food comes from it. French, Italian, Chinese, and Middle East.

Sigh Z

You're correct of course. However, when in Portland and you want Italian it's not practical to just hop on a plane! I come originally from Chicago where superb Italian is easy to find. Lyon! The culinary capital of France! Don't get me started on France and Italy. Fortunately for many years my business took me there and many other countries in Europe and Asia. Of the 4 great cuisines I know the first 3 from personal experience, lots of it. The only thing I know for sure about Middle Eastern cuisine is that I like it. BTW, having Sushi in Tokyo near the fish market is a life changing event too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 pm

The best "new pizza in town" is at The Score. Directly across from Roberto's.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

David wrote:The best "new pizza in town" is at The Score. Directly across from Roberto's.

Based on your recommendation, David.......we went to the Score a few days ago and the tables outside were hot in late afternoon, crowded, and the road noise was bad. Even hotter inside........and the nice owner said his air conditioning wasn't in yet. So.......we said we'd be back another time.
Let us know when he gets the coolth along with the pizza.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Worked for a Japanese Firm for six years and love their sashimi and sushi was good but you knew you had gone to heaven when you had their Kobe beef. Food is just fun no matter where you’re from or going to. I only ask for a little help along the way.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:46 pm

David wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Sigh Z

You're correct of course. However, when in Portland and you want Italian it's not practical to just hop on a plane! I come originally from Chicago where superb Italian is easy to find. Lyon! The culinary capital of France! Don't get me started on France and Italy. Fortunately for many years my business took me there and many other countries in Europe and Asia. Of the 4 great cuisines I know the first 3 from personal experience, lots of it. The only thing I know for sure about Middle Eastern cuisine is that I like it. BTW, having Sushi in Tokyo near the fish market is a life changing event too.

Lucky You. I was lucky enough to travel in my work and not have to pay for it. I use to spend less on my hotels and stay with friends and they allowed me to go to
better resturants and spend the hotel money on food. Lucky me. Traveling while it does get old especially in the good old USA does make for some fantastic food
and drink. Chicago is a great town for food. Love going to the Science museum there. They actually have a real WW2 german sub inside for those who don't know.
You just can't explain it to people you just have to travel and learn for yourself.

So is Score NY or Chicago or something else pizza wise? Have not been impressed down here with the pizza. Not tried Score but my wife liked it.

Z

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Ha! My cousin was a guide on the U-505 years ago. The Score pizza is more like Chicago than NY. Where'd you live in OR? Are you a member of the Ducks group that gathers to watch Ducks football games?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

David wrote:Ha! My cousin was a guide on the U-505 years ago. The Score pizza is more like Chicago than NY. Where'd you live in OR? Are you a member of the Ducks group that gathers to watch Ducks football games?

LOL What would be the last place for a Duck to live in Oregon?? Yep Corvallis and many more Duck fans than Beaver fans down here. I am not much of a sporting guy
other than watching curling especially in French. LOL

Thanks for the info on Pizza will give it a try. Most of the thin crust around here is not edible IMHO.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Beaver Alert!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Beaver Alert!

Well I am not a very good Beaver. To be honest we know the whole beaver/duck thing makes mucho money for
both schools and towns but you can't cross the street when they leave the games and from our back yard it
kinda sounds like some Biblical movie and they are slaughtering Christians or something like that. Living with
a pair of Pac 10 (or however many they are) football teams and 40K fans in a town of 60K isn't a pretty site
sometimes. We would just go eat dinner during the game and get home before the drunks got back in there
cars. Even use to turn down free tickets. I do admit I support OSU baseball team in the past and I support
Phil Knights wifes baseball team in Corvallis the Knights. For the folks who dont' get the humor of this. Phil
Knight you know better as Mr. Nike and he supports Oregon very well. So it is funny his wife has a baseball
team in Beavery Corvallis. The knights put on a great fireworks show on July 4th if you are around. Cheap
tickets playing in a very nice new ballpark which OSU rebuilt after winning two back to back NCAA Baseball
championships in Cornvalley
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
David wrote:Ha! My cousin was a guide on the U-505 years ago. The Score pizza is more like Chicago than NY. Where'd you live in OR? Are you a member of the Ducks group that gathers to watch Ducks football games?

LOL What would be the last place for a Duck to live in Oregon?? Yep Corvallis and many more Duck fans than Beaver fans down here. I am not much of a sporting guy
other than watching curling especially in French. LOL

Thanks for the info on Pizza will give it a try. Most of the thin crust around here is not edible IMHO.

Z

The pizza at The Score does NOT have thin crust!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 pm

For thin crust go up the street to Auroras or down to Salt & Peppers.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3