INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens

+2
Zedinmexico
Jim W
6 posters

Go down

Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens Empty Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens

Post by Jim W Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

We hit US check Point on truck route to Nogales @ 6:15 A.M.....waved thru, 2 green lights @ Mexican side as I don't think they pay much attention after a hard Saturday night ....LOL. Waved thru every check point.....Feds were not stopping foreign plated vehicles. All was good until the semi....34 wheels blew a tire as we began to pass....there was cattle in the median.....and yes I think we all about lost control....the blown away tread hit the right front of our Ford Escape.....bumper level, my wife says lets stop and get his info....he is responsible for damage....yeah right .....I was not about to blow off a couple hours....just know that it scared the S@@t outa me.

The Quota booth....first one South of Los Moches heading North was backed up at least 50 rigs, 2 lanes on Sunday the 8th and 15th....at least an hour delay....Just an FYI.

Jim W

BTW 630 miles in 10 hours
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens Empty Re: Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 am

I really think the Mexican Government has told the law enforcement community
to go easy on us. I had a red light in Decemeber and they just waved me
through and said welcome. It was very different last september when every
Mexican authority figure wanted to see everything. Lucky us I think. They might
figure why mess with people willing to deal with Mexico right now considering
the publicity.

Glad to hear the you are ok. Those tires pack a wallop when they hit don't they?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens Empty Re: Travel from Casa Grande, AZ today.....Shit Happens

Post by simpsca Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 am

I can imagine it scared the # out of you. No good to stop and get his number in Mexico, I hear that doesn't get you anywhere here unless the police are there and your insurance adjuster.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:56 am

If you were on the cuota, then any damages to your vehicle would be covered by insurance (included in your toll) if handled properly.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 am

CheenaGringo wrote:If you were on the cuota, then any damages to your vehicle would be covered by insurance (included in your toll) if handled properly.

Since CG brought this up including the correction of the Spanish spelling of the word for "fee", I, The Dawg, will furtherr add, having been there, that, one may expect recompence for damages one may incur on toll roads in Mexico only if one:
* Retains all toll booth receipts but especially that which admits one to that section of the toll road upon which one is driviing upon when one´s´mishap occurs.
* One awaits the arrival of the CAPUFE insurance adjuster who must record the incident and presumed damage resulting therefrom.

Now, you may wish to drive on as darkness approaches as, alternatively, on Mexican highways at night, you could end up with your throat cut but, if you are a total idiot, just sit there on the shoulder anticipating CAPUFE´s arrival and anticipate your demise, butt brain
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:06 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:If you were on the cuota, then any damages to your vehicle would be covered by insurance (included in your toll) if handled properly.

Thanks Neil, I was aware of the coverage on Cuota road......but being in the middle of "BF Nowhere", I chose to eat the cost...the better option...waiting 2-4 hours...or more, is not the hand I wanted to deal with.....LMAO. When a tire blows within 30 feet of your vehicle.....wakes you up in a hurry to complete the otherwise boring drive....just lucky the tread chose the low road....rather than the windshield.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:I really think the Mexican Government has told the law enforcement community
to go easy on us. I had a red light in Decemeber and they just waved me
through and said welcome. It was very different last september when every
Mexican authority figure wanted to see everything. Lucky us I think. They might
figure why mess with people willing to deal with Mexico right now considering
the publicity.

Glad to hear the you are ok. Those tires pack a wallop when they hit don't they?

Z

Z....YES they do. The past 2 trips the Feds seem to be on a PR mission.....drove 80 MPH most of the trip...no ticket yet I saw many Feds passing on the opportunity.....I saw more tickets written on 10 going north, after crossing into Az. to Casa Grande, than I've seen in 7 years in Mexico. Every check point had Mexican plates pulled over, waving foreign plates thru!

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 am

U were very lucky. I've seen SERIOUS damage done by a sidewall semi blowout. They are a bomb going off. Chances of a repeat. Zilch I'd say. On a safety note - the less time you spend next to a semi - the better.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down