INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turn on the AC

+4
johninajijic
Solovino
David
bobnliz
8 posters

Go down

Turn on the AC Empty Turn on the AC

Post by bobnliz Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:25 am

I have noticed lately that the weather seems to be getting awfully warm for Lakeside, at least as I remember it... wazzup? It's cooler in San Carlos.
You guys gonna be installing splits, or what? Turn on the AC 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Turn on the AC Empty Re: Turn on the AC

Post by David Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 am

Normal April weather for Lakeside, 80s everyday. Go to www.chapalaweather.net and you can view history for previous years.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 am

I am in Barra de Navidad at the moment. Just took the dog for a walk and froze my butt off. I've had to wear a sweatshirt in the mornings. Reminds me of the posters that say it is too hot to visit the beach this time of year. It is normally much nicer weather here than in Guadalajara/Chapala in April and May.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:58 am

Normal weather for Lakeside. No A/C ever required. Ceiling fans are a big plus. We have big ones in every room.

Lucky we're not in Phonex. I heard temps today will be 104 degrees and it's not even summer yet. Those super high electric bills!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 am

[quote="bobnliz"]I have noticed lately that the weather seems to be getting awfully warm for Lakeside, at least as I remember it... wazzup? It's cooler in San Carlos.

Cooler in San Carlos? Just wait and, shortly, you will be able to fry an egg on your roof in San Carlos.

Dawg stayed in San Carlos for one night eleven years ago and, when I woke up the next morning my Chrysler had transformed itself into a 1946 Gulfstream RV with a sign on it saying "Wash yo feet befo comin inside frum the beach.", my blue jeans had become knicker-type golfing pants and my baseball cap had transmogrified into a plaid beret with the slogan "Welcome to Branson. How yáll doin?"

Actually and seriously, San Carlos is not bad for Arizona or was that Rocky Point?

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:08 am

Arizona??? Dawg-baby, San Carlos is in el estado de Sonora on the Sea of Cortez. Temps today in the mid 80s.
According to my weather station, Chapala is in the 90s at the moment. Arizona is not and never will be our style. The place has become very strange, indeed. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 am

Call a technician and get your weather staion fixed. It's almost never 90 at Lake Chapala.

65 degrees right now. 82.7 degrees yesterday.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:14 am

I think in Lakeside it is where you are from that determines what is hot or not. I
found folks telling me how hot it is in april/may and found it was nothing for me.
High temp for last few years is 92F or so with very low humidity. Folks this time
of year down here is like a nice day in LA to me. Now maybe if you are Canadian
and not exposed to the summer heat this place would be hot to one. Someone
who hung out in western US deserts find this weather quite pleasant. I think
it is humidity that is a problem and in april/may the humidity is quite low. I hated
Florida (no offense meant) because of the humidity problem.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:20 am

johninajijic wrote:Call a technician and get your weather staion fixed. It's almost never 90 at Lake Chapala.

65 degrees right now. 82.7 degrees yesterday.

Depends where you are John. I saw 86 yesterday but I am in the concrete center of the village. High in the last couple of years
in Riberas was around 92 or so which probably means I can add 2to3 degrees to come up with plaza Ajijic temp. Big difference
here is shade versus sun temperature. Only place I have lived where I am too hot on one side of the street and a little chilled on
the shady side on the east west streets. Aren't these new weather stations great!! I never managed to get the little teeter toter
rain gauge to work.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:08 am

bobnliz wrote:Arizona??? Dawg-baby, San Carlos is in el estado de Sonora on the Sea of Cortez. Temps today in the mid 80s.
According to my weather station, Chapala is in the 90s at the moment. Arizona is not and never will be our style. The place has become very strange, indeed. Lizzy

Like I said, look at www.chapalweather.net it's a local weather station. You can check www.wunderground.com for actual conditiona at the Guadalajara airport (GDL). All the others are just guesses and they never get 'em right. The actual temp here in Ajijic at 10:09 is 68F.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 am

[quote="bobnliz"]Arizona??? Dawg-baby, San Carlos is in el estado de Sonora on the Sea of Cortez. Temps today in the mid 80s.
According to my weather station, Chapala is in the 90s at the moment. Arizona is not and never will be our style. The place has become very strange, indeed. Lizzy[/quote
]

Sorry Liz. The Arizona reference was meant to be funny. I would agree with you that Arizona has become less amusing than ever and it was never a very funny place.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 am

Our personal observations & analysis of the weather in Guadalajara and Lake Chapala:

Location/location - it can vary so much from point to point that it makes it virtually impossible to anoint the entire area with one general description. To us, the two biggest factors are humidity and the amount of air movement in a given area. While the general area has a similar altitude to Albuquerque, we find that the humidity trends higher than here at home. Just to give an example, right now it is 69 degrees with 54% humidity at the Lake while we have 62 degrees with 25% humidity. For us, the humidity is a draining factor. The other thing that we tend to notice is the lack of air movement depending on location. When we had our house in Ixtlahuacan, we would leave the house with a nice cooling breeze passing through the house and immediately notice a lack of air movement in certain areas of the Lake.

When the warmer weather is present in Mexico, we attempt to get most all of our moving around done by 2pm. We have learned to walk on the shady side of the street when the heat builds but the humidity is still present. We find ourselves considering the possibility for air movement when choosing a restaurant or a hotel without A/C during the hot season.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:03 am

"Hot", "Too Hot", "Cold" and "Too Cold" are strictly subjective. Note that Mexicans are bundled up to the ears while Canadians are in shorts and the resident foreigners are wearing whatever feels good..........all at the same time of year.

Personally, I prefer the cooler weather, but the weather gods don't give a flying flake what I like........so, for me, this is getting hot right now. Hot nights under a sheet may appeal to some.......but we have a mini split A/C in the bedroom, a land locked area which is otherwise pleasant, but has absolutely no breeze coming through.

Enjoy May. It's galloping toward us. If I were a lot wealthier, I'd be heading for Sea Ranch on the CA coast and staying there until late September. Aaaah. Fog and all.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 am

Folks true in the morning the humidity is high in Ajijic at least. As the day goes
on the humidity drops drastically. To see this go to chapalaweather.net and
look at the five day humidity chart. Low temp in AM high humidity. As temperature goes up humidity goes down. Graphs track this like a dream.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down