INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

+11
bobnliz
borderreiver
ferret
ComputerGuy
hockables
lunateak
hound dog
gringal
itsme
viajero
johninajijic
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala? Empty Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am

I need to buy a new Coffee Maker, preferably a Mr. Coffee. I have looked in Walmart and Soriana. I don't care for the brands they carry. I bought a Hamilton Beach 10 months ago in Wallyworld and it crapped out.

If you give me store name, please give address and location. Thank you in advance.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala? Empty Re: Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

Post by viajero Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:48 am

Costco

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala? Empty Re: Where Can I Buy a Coffee Maker in Chapala?

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 am

viajero wrote:Costco

Didn't have any Mr. Coffee.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am

Try Babara's Bazaar for a used one, believe they have quite a few.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am

Soriana has a good choice of small appliances. I bought my current coffee maker there.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:34 am

gringal wrote:Soriana has a good choice of small appliances. I bought my current coffee maker there.

I tried Walmart and Soriana, didn't have what I wanted.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am

It sounds to Dawg as if you seek an American Sock Juice maker. That is fine if that is what you seek but if any readers here are interested in coffee machines good for making espresso and products derived from espresso, you are getting lousy advice. You can buy fabulous espresso machines in Metro Guadalajara or inexpensively from Mexico City delivered by overnight courier.

If, on the other hand, what you are seeking is U.S. Sock Juice, just go out and buy a sock in any crappy tienda and make your own cowboy style warm, insipid brown water with your propane stove.

Godawlmighty; was everyone here raised in Moline?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

As an alternate to espresso machines but good coffee nonetheless:

http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm

Or the other standby, the french press.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:16 pm

We like our french press.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm

$9.99 @ Wallyworld.... Very Happy

we use our coffee press more often than the electric drip
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Yes, well........if all you require is a cuppa java, nothing fancy, it's all about the coffee you put in the basket.

Most of the machines they sell at Wallyworld give up in less than a year. I like Mr. Coffee too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:50 pm

You know that store in Chapala we've discussed, that some call a kitchen store? I don't think they have Mr. Coffee, but they had a couple of brands.

By the way, the guy that invented Mr. Coffee died recently, March 24 this year.

ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:24 pm

HelperGuy wrote:You know that store in Chapala we've discussed, that some call a kitchen store? I don't think they have Mr. Coffee, but they had a couple of brands.

By the way, the guy that invented Mr. Coffee died recently, March 24 this year.

Where is it in Chapala?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

East side of street, between Lopez Cotilla and Degollado. 1/2 block north of the plaza on Madero. You know the one, with all the plastic stuff out front.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Geez Helperguy...John wouldn't be caught dead in that store! Way below his station in life.
However, I just bought a Moulinex Heliora there exactly the same as the one in Tio Sams but for less money.
Go to Tio Sams John and ask to see their catalogue. Besides the Moulinex, they had a fancy dancy electronic model towards the back.
So, of all the people who have coffee makers that last only a year...any of you running vinegar through it at least once a month?????
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:27 am

Ferret to the rescue.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 am

Watch out for those sharp little teeth. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 am

An alternative to buying a new coffeemaker is to buy Oro brand instant coffee at Wall-mart. It is the only instant coffee I have ever tried that tastes just like regular drip brewed coffee, never bitter, you never need to be careful about the amount you use per cup. We were served some of it at our next door neighbors house last Christmas. I accepted it to be polite, as I was a guest. I was amazed, it was delicious.

We have a drip coffeemaker, I forget the brand, that we only use it when we have a lot of guests. For many years, I have made my coffee by the cup, using a Melita cone with a permanent filter so the coffeemaker was seldom used.

I drink a lot of coffee, probably 8 or 10 cups per day. I do like an occasional espresso or Moka too, but my favored brand is good ol' Folgers. Costco stopped selling Folgers a few years ago, but the Costco and Sam's Club house brands of ground coffee are pretty close.

There was a coffee company in Anchorage named Kaladi Brothers, they featured some Hawaiian coffees, it was a great place to start your day, but I learned to never have coffee there after about 4 PM, or I had a very hard time going to sleep that night.

Try the Oro brand instant, and you will probably be happy, I haven't used my Melita cone this year. I have only been able to find Oro brand coffee at Wall-Mart, I have been looking for it in other stores, with no luck.

My late Mexican wife and her mother, my suegra, both preferred instant coffee. My suegra now prefers Oro.

There are many tastes, likes and dislikes when it comes to coffee. I hope you are successful in finding what you like.

Rex.
papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:27 pm

If you are looking for a really good coffee pot like a KRUPS etc. go into Tio Smas and get it. If they do not have what you want, they will get it in a day. I bought my KRUPS there and am happy! Very Happy

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 pm

AND, if you pay cash at Tio Sam's instead of using a credit card, they will give you a nice discount. Why? Because it takes them a long time to get the money from the credit card folks.

We learned this when we bought a bunch of appliances for a kitchen remodel.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:59 pm

So who will be the guineau pig on the Oro coffee? I don't drink it anymore, but my Mom uses instant every morning. I'm curious to see if the promise of real flavour holds up. Along those lines:

I've been buying Idahoan instant mashed potatos at Walmart, 5 diff. flavours, 18 pesos a bag. I swear they are the only instant mashed I've ever had that don't taste like chemicals. Even my girlfriend agreed, and she abhors instant mashed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:32 pm

HelperGuy wrote:So who will be the guineau pig on the Oro coffee? I don't drink it anymore, but my Mom uses instant every morning. I'm curious to see if the promise of real flavour holds up. Along those lines:

I've been buying Idahoan instant mashed potatos at Walmart, 5 diff. flavours, 18 pesos a bag. I swear they are the only instant mashed I've ever had that don't taste like chemicals. Even my girlfriend agreed, and she abhors instant mashed.

Instant Mashed Potatoes.... snork....even Bugs won't eat that stuff...

Just about any nutritionist will tell U most anything in a Box on those Store Shelves isn't good for ya... or outright bad for ya.

How hard is it to Bake, Boil, or Fry a Potato?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papirex Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm

HelperGuy wrote:So who will be the guineau pig on the Oro coffee? I don't drink it anymore, but my Mom uses instant every morning. I'm curious to see if the promise of real flavour holds up. Along those lines:

I've been buying Idahoan instant mashed potatos at Walmart, 5 diff. flavours, 18 pesos a bag. I swear they are the only instant mashed I've ever
had that don't taste like chemicals. Even my girlfriend agreed, and she abhors instant mashed.

I have never heard of anyone diluting mashed potatoes with a shot of Bourbon, but you can do that with Oro if it pleases you.

If you have ever had café Americano in a restaurant, you will like Oro.

Rex
papirex
papirex

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:27 pm

We bought a Krups at Costco and it works great!! Nice and hot!! Better than the Hamilton Beach Station we brought down or the StarBucks hand me down. Best Buy, Sears or Livepool...you know all the good places to shop!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:08 pm

hockables wrote:

Instant Mashed Potatoes.... snork....even Bugs won't eat that stuff...

Just about any nutritionist will tell U most anything in a Box on those Store Shelves isn't good for ya... or outright bad for ya.

How hard is it to Bake, Boil, or Fry a Potato?

I could not give two sweet craps what the nutritionists say. I know what I like. And in this case, it's great for my Mother, who suffered a stroke two weeks ago and can only eat small amounts of soft foods, spoon-fed. That she enjoyed this particular brand of instant before this, only makes it better.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next