INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to buy a house lakeside

+22
papa chango
Mainecoons
borderreiver
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
simpsca
casi nada
fastrak
viajero
johninajijic
espĂ­ritu del lago
Smartalex
CanuckBob
JRPJR
NoTengoNada
MexicoJimbo
ChickenLittle
El Bajio
hound dog
hockables
drmike
oncesubtle
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time to buy a house lakeside Empty Time to buy a house lakeside

Post by oncesubtle Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Yup, our maintenance man/gardener Ricardo, who can trace his ancestors lakeside back to a time before the Spanish conquest, just told me that all the bad stuff that is happening will stop the day after the presidential elections, and since no one has better creds, you can take it to the bank.
mariachi flag waver
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Time to buy a house lakeside Empty Presidential elections

Post by drmike Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm

When is the Presidential election. I think I read it was this summer but not completely sure.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Time to buy a house lakeside Empty Re: Time to buy a house lakeside

Post by hockables Wed May 16, 2012 1:53 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Yup, our maintenance man/gardener Ricardo, who can trace his ancestors lakeside back to a time before the Spanish conquest, just told me that all the bad stuff that is happening will stop the day after the presidential elections, and since no one has better creds, you can take it to the bank.
mariachi flag waver

A Prelude to The Election??

Democracy In Action??

NOB they hand U a Suitcase Full Of Money
Here they hand U a Suitcase With Yer Head In it
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm

NOB they hand U a Suitcase Full Of Money
Here they hand U a Suitcase With Yer Head In it[/quote]

In other words, here some poor cop or municipal official sells out to save his/her life and those of his/her family and in the U.S. they sell out for filthy lucre euphemistically calling the obscene bribes political contributions. Who is the most honorable in that ongong tragedy?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by El Bajio Wed May 16, 2012 2:53 pm

drmike wrote:When is the Presidential election. I think I read it was this summer but not completely sure.

Sunday, July 1, 2012
El Bajio
El Bajio

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickenLittle Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd love to buy a house. I want to down size but can't sell the one I have!
ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 pm

ChickenLittle wrote:I'd love to buy a house. I want to down size but can't sell the one I have!

NOBODY can sell the one they have. Especially in the Lake Chapala area.

And, with the absurdly high "listed" prices of the homes for sale around here, I reckon that potential buyers are so rare that they can be found on the endangered species list.

A decade ago, when the lake was pathetically tiny, it seemed like every second house was for sale. The prices were low, yet buyers weren't interested. If a Martian had landed here back then, he would have thought: "How quaint. If the signs around here are correct, every town beside this little lake has the same name - Se Vende."

I wouldn't be shocked to see the local real estate market returning to those days.

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm not sure why the gardener thinks this will all stop one day after the elextions. I asked my gardener if it would stop then and he me to explain what was going on that needed to be stopped.

However, in all seriousness, last week's presidential debate (the first of two) the drug wars problem was even mentioned. I think we will be finding out that it is a different issue than the stuff they debated. We should probably ask our own NRA (National Rifle Association) why they insist on blocking any move to stop the flow of guns to Mexico.

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by JRPJR Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Perhaps we should ask our Attorney General why the US Justice Department knowingly allowed so many guns to flow into Mexico...

JRPJR

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 16, 2012 4:11 pm

I know no home seller wants to hear it however IMO prices wll drop to 2001 levels and below if things don't improve soon. It is a morgue here in PV right now and real estate prices are hitting 10 year lows. I am getting this from the locals! You can get a 1 bd condo in Marina Vallarta for $100K.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed May 16, 2012 4:21 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Yup, our maintenance man/gardener Ricardo, who can trace his ancestors lakeside back to a time before the Spanish conquest, just told me that all the bad stuff that is happening will stop the day after the presidential elections, and since no one has better creds, you can take it to the bank.
mariachi flag waver

Depends on who wins.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Wed May 16, 2012 4:30 pm

mariachi flag waver

So Ricardo says the violence will stop the day after the election and you tell me I can take it to the bank.

Just one question.

Which bank? Bear Sterns or Lehman Brothers? Beer

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Jp Morgan is good at making money disappearing too.
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 16, 2012 6:00 pm

ChickenLittle wrote:I'd love to buy a house. I want to down size but can't sell the one I have!

If you're in the US, it's only going to get worse. More foreclosures in 2012 and especially if O'Bama gets in and continues his ruination of the economy and increased debt. To sell your house wherever you're located, reduce your price.

We were checking out So. Calif for housing last year. You could buy a 3 - 5 year old house that was $ 700 K there for less than $ 400. They're not reducing prices as much now, but houses priced between $ 350 K - $ 425 K are selling from $ 30 K to $ 60 K + off listing price. Nevada, Florida and Calif are the worst off. Arizona is close too. But who wants to live in Nevada and AZ with 110 deg temps and $ 800 a month electric or FL with constant humidity.

Europe will be another downfall to the US too. Seen the Stock Market lately.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Smartalex wrote:
mariachi flag waver

Depends on who wins.
Your'e kidding right.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by fastrak Wed May 16, 2012 6:19 pm

mariachi flag waver

Just talked with our transito buddy, no names, and he confirmed this. So did the 2 policia who were with them. If PAN gets in again, he says we are in big problems with continued violence. Time to buy a house lakeside 531444
fastrak
fastrak

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Wed May 16, 2012 6:23 pm

I think you better pray that Obama gets re-elected. I don't think you really think that Romney could handle the job. He hasn't a clue about the world around him other than the "trees are the right height." He is farthest thing from a diplomat. He considers Russia an enemy as well as the Chinese. The man is a lunatic. Fortunately, Romney won't win.

Now about housing. Romney's solution is let everyone go bankrupt. He is in favor of people losing their homes. He has said so.

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

johninajijic wrote:

If you're in the US, it's only going to get worse. More foreclosures in 2012 and especially if O'Bama gets in and continues his ruination of the economy and increased debt. To sell your house wherever you're located, reduce your price.

We were checking out So. Calif for housing last year. You could buy a 3 - 5 year old house that was $ 700 K there for less than $ 400. They're not reducing prices as much now, but houses priced between $ 350 K - $ 425 K are selling from $ 30 K to $ 60 K + off listing price. Nevada, Florida and Calif are the worst off. Arizona is close too. But who wants to live in Nevada and AZ with 110 deg temps and $ 800 a month electric or FL with constant humidity.

Please quit spelling Obama as O'Bama. It just shows what an ignorant jackass you are.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 16, 2012 6:56 pm

NoTengoNada wrote:

I think you better pray that Obama gets re-elected. I don't think you really think that Romney could handle the job. He hasn't a clue about the world around him other than the "trees are the right height." He is farthest thing from a diplomat. He considers Russia an enemy as well as the Chinese. The man is a lunatic. Fortunately, Romney won't win.

Now about housing. Romney's solution is let everyone go bankrupt. He is in favor of people losing their homes. He has said so.

And from all of Obamas promises, please, please tell me what he has done.

I'm not sure you're correct on Romney's view of housing. But let me state my position. Obama put in place something to help people keep their homes. That didn't work.

Here's my position on anyone facing foreclosure. Those people who purposely took a "No Doc, No Credit" loan when they knew they couldn't qualify to pay it back, especially if they lost their job and went in WAY over their head DESERVE to lose their homes.

In my day we needed 20% down, a credit check and a check on how much you earned. No one had $ 5 K - $ 6 K mortgages. Ridiculous!!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Is there anyone with even a modicum of experience in the real estate market in a macro or micro sense and the brains God gave a gnat even remotely contemplate buying residential real estate at the present time at Lakeside - even marginal and inexpensive real estate? There are so many negative factors at present subject to change over the next few months that now, while real estate prices have proven inelastic and sellers are still asking way too much for what has devolved into a speculative investment market, only a naive buyer would make even a low ball offer on anything on the market.

We could wait for the turnip truck to arrive but most riding thereon lack the resources to make serious offers.

It may be that the elections will bring about changea few years from now but we are not anywhere near there yet so sit tight folks because if you buy now you have just overpaid and perhaps big time. If you do buy be prepared to wrirte off your investment at worst and at least take a major hit on your capital in the interim term.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Gotta agree with you Mr Dawg however for the gamblers, adversity can equal opportunity.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed May 16, 2012 8:45 pm

My brother just told me the news in Houston says the drug cartels are active in Houston, Tx. It's on a news show tonight - I'll see if I can find it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 16, 2012 8:53 pm

casi nada wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Please quit spelling Obama as O'Bama. It just shows what an ignorant jackass you are.
He does it on purpose,just like he spells Calderon:"Calderone"he's an idiot.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Like.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Not exactly new news:
DOJ says Mexican cartels operating in over 1,000 U.S. cities

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/29/doj-says-mexican-cartels-operating-in-over-1000-u-s-cities/#ixzz1v5WQ7jKG

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next