INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's raqueteer?

+19
martygraw
slainte39
mattoleriver
Jim W
CheenaGringo
hockables
David
Parker
E-raq
espíritu del lago
Mainecoons
gringal
simpsca
RoofBob
viajero
ferret
oncesubtle
Chapalagringa
Solovino
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Where's raqueteer?

Post by Solovino Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Anyone know?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1131
Join date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by Chapalagringa Sat May 26, 2012 8:00 pm

No se...when there was a crime in their neighborhood last, people jumped all over her for being upset & posting about it. I think she took a break. Hope she comes back. Send her a pm.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2011-05-30
Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by oncesubtle Sat May 26, 2012 8:10 pm

A month or so ago Raqueteer requested his/her account be deactivated and it was. Raqueteer will of course be welcome back anytime as a valued member.


Last edited by oncesubtle on Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : massive loss of grey matter)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-04-07
Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by Solovino Sat May 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Muchos thank yous.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1131
Join date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by ferret Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 pm

She asked to be removed (banned) from this board because of people jumping all over her. Seems being banned is the only way you can get removed.
I miss her postings too but at least I have her phone number and e-mail address.
I certainly hope she comes back at some point in the future but I understand her logic and need to step away from the fray in a stressful time.
To those responsible...try not to be so brutally critical and nasty when posting.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9659
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by viajero Sat May 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:No se...when there was a crime in their neighborhood last, people jumped all over her for being upset & posting about it. I think she took a break. Hope she comes back. Send her a pm.
I couldn't agree with you more Chapalagringa,I found the negative posts directed at Raqueteer extremely insensitive,and if I'm not mistaken it was her house that was burglarized,not just a crime in the neighborhood,and this before " the Troubles" I miss her posts.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by RoofBob Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

ferret wrote:She asked to be removed (banned) from this board because of people jumping all over her. Seems being banned is the only way you can get removed.
I miss her postings too but at least I have her phone number and e-mail address.
I certainly hope she comes back at some point in the future but I understand her logic and need to step away from the fray in a stressful time.
To those responsible...try not to be so brutally critical and nasty when posting.
How about giving Raqueteer a call and asking her back by popular demand. I know more than a few of us would be delighted and we can cover her 6 if anyone gets out of hand. Twisted Evil
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 828
Join date : 2012-05-21

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by ferret Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Will do!!!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9659
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by viajero Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Raqueteer consider your 6 covered.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by ferret Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm

I just sent her an e-mail 'cuz it's too late to phone.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9659
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by simpsca Sun May 27, 2012 10:03 am

viajero wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:No se...when there was a crime in their neighborhood last, people jumped all over her for being upset & posting about it. I think she took a break. Hope she comes back. Send her a pm.
I couldn't agree with you more Chapalagringa,I found the negative posts directed at Raqueteer extremely insensitive,and if I'm not mistaken it was her house that was burglarized,not just a crime in the neighborhood,and this before " the Troubles" I miss her posts.

I believe it was both - her house burglarized and a neighbor (and friend of mine) had a home invasion. The friend was held up at gunpoint and when her husband tried to protect his wife they shot at him missing him by inches. I had a minor burglary 7 years ago during the day when I was away. When I got home, due to broken window and breached protection I was completely freaked. I mean completely! So if you jump all over someone who has had a crime committed against them it's like rubbing a lot of salt in the wound.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2010-04-16
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by gringal Sun May 27, 2012 10:44 am

I miss her, too. I didn't always agree with her, but she had the invaluable combination of a good brain and a sense of humor.

I can remember how I felt (NOB) when I came home to find the front door chained from the INSIDE, followed by seeing my whole place trashed, top to bottom. You feel violated. Home Sweet Home no longer feels like a refuge.
Bad feeling.

Y'all come back, Raq. Any ashole who is mean spirited enough to give you a hard time after your experience should be left locked in a room with an endless loop of techo rock blaring. Length of time to be determined ....by you.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11907
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by Mainecoons Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm

This should be a heads up for some here to curb their extreme nastiness and personal comments. Say what you want to about TOB but this is one aspect of board management they have correct.

Racqueteer, hope you will return.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1950
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 78
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by viajero Sun May 27, 2012 1:44 pm

MC for a Libertarion you sure seem to want to impose a lot of rules on this board.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by gringal Sun May 27, 2012 2:05 pm

And that, Amigos, is why the Octagon exists on here. It seems to work, but even so, you'll notice that there are limits to our fearless leader's tolerance and some manage to get kicked off the train. They have to really work at it, though.

Nothing in particular against Libertarians........except I keep waiting in vain for one of them to name a currently functioning Libertarian nation.......even a small one would do.
Basketball

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11907
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by espíritu del lago Sun May 27, 2012 2:59 pm

It sure didn't work for Ron Paul, he's history along with the rest. Now his son we can probably look for him to run in the future.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by oncesubtle Sun May 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Mainecoons wrote:This should be a heads up for some here to curb their extreme nastiness and personal comments. Say what you want to about TOB but this is one aspect of board management they have correct.

Racqueteer, hope you will return.
Racqueteer, I hope you will understand this veering off topic as idle time while we patiently await your return and please do know WE REALLY WANT YOU BACK!

Maine, in my never ending quest for perfection as a moderator and you being a long term and respected member, I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on what is or isn't acceptable in and out of the octagon. I'm all ears ermano.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-04-07
Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty gracias

Post by E-raq Sun May 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Raq is back in a new and improved electric format and that would be, for the newer members, somewhere between 11,000 and 12,000 volts, depending on the CFE.
See y'all back here in the sandbox after a nap.

Thanks for the invite back ladies and gentlemen.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by Chapalagringa Sun May 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Hooray!!! We won!!!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1324
Join date : 2011-05-30
Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by oncesubtle Sun May 27, 2012 3:14 pm

She's back! Whoooooooooohoooooooooooo
oncesubtle
oncesubtle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-04-07
Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by Parker Sun May 27, 2012 4:32 pm

oncesubtle wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:This should be a heads up for some here to curb their extreme nastiness and personal comments. Say what you want to about TOB but this is one aspect of board management they have correct.

Racqueteer, hope you will return.
Racqueteer, I hope you will understand this veering off topic as idle time while we patiently await your return and please do know WE REALLY WANT YOU BACK!

Maine, in my never ending quest for perfection as a moderator and you being a long term and respected member, I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on what is or isn't acceptable in and out of the octagon. I'm all ears ermano.

Inquiring mind wants to know because I’ve thought this may be a possibility for some time. “RoofBob” is Bob K and Candace is “Oncesutble”, moderator. Just asking. PM me if you don’t want the world to know. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1566
Join date : 2011-05-12
Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by viajero Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Great to have you back E-Raq!and thank you Solovino for getting the ball rolling.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by oncesubtle Sun May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Parker wrote:
oncesubtle wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:This should be a heads up for some here to curb their extreme nastiness and personal comments. Say what you want to about TOB but this is one aspect of board management they have correct.

Racqueteer, hope you will return.
Racqueteer, I hope you will understand this veering off topic as idle time while we patiently await your return and please do know WE REALLY WANT YOU BACK!

Maine, in my never ending quest for perfection as a moderator and you being a long term and respected member, I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on what is or isn't acceptable in and out of the octagon. I'm all ears ermano.

Inquiring mind wants to know because I’ve thought this may be a possibility for some time. “RoofBob” is Bob K and Candace is “Oncesutble”, moderator. Just asking. PM me if you don’t want the world to know. Very Happy
Well since you asked here I'll answer here in case there are any other inquiring minds. I am now using two screen names, RoofBob and Oncesubtle. I use RoofBob to post as a civilian and Oncesubtle when in mod mode. I don't know who screen name Bob K is and Candace has her own unique screen name. As to the world knowing who I am you'd have to search it and the surrounding universe to find someone who cares less than I, but thanks for asking.


Last edited by oncesubtle on Sun May 27, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
oncesubtle
oncesubtle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-04-07
Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by ferret Sun May 27, 2012 5:43 pm

viajero wrote:Great to have you back E-Raq!and thank you Solovino for getting the ball rolling.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Thanks Solovino! Sharpen your wit...the Raq is back...:)
Welcome back E-Raq with your new super powers and thicker skin...may the force be with you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9659
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by E-raq Sun May 27, 2012 5:46 pm

ferret wrote:
viajero wrote:Great to have you back E-Raq!and thank you Solovino for getting the ball rolling.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Thanks Solovino! Sharpen your wit...the Raq is back...:)
Welcome back E-Raq with your new super powers and thicker skin...may the force be with you.

And to you as well my friend. ;-)


Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Where's raqueteer? Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum