INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Break in yesterday

+5
Grizzy
Intercasa
Ms.Thang
jackak10
TexMex
9 posters

Go down

Break in yesterday Empty Break in yesterday

Post by TexMex Sun May 27, 2012 9:11 am

We had a break in yesterday, Chula Vista. They broke the lock on the garage door, got into the master bath and bedroom. We think the dogs heard them and probably chased them off, and we don't think they were in the house very long as husband forgot his wallet in the dresser drawer and it was not taken. They did take a couple of watches and some jewelry (they're in for a surprise when they find out those "diamond" earrings they took are just cheap costume jewelry!). Nothing else in the house was touched, even some obvious things in the living room like a laptop computer, which is why we think they were only in the bedroom. Neighbors had an attempted break in the day before, but gardener ran them off. He reported two guys in a red car (possibly Mustang) with a spoiler on back. Thoughts are they have been casing the neighborhood, waiting for people to leave home.

Tried to report this on the new crime site, but it give an error when submitting the report. So maybe even though the form is there, they are not ready to accept reports yet.
TexMex
TexMex

Back to top Go down

Break in yesterday Empty Re: Break in yesterday

Post by jackak10 Sun May 27, 2012 9:29 am

Regarding the new lakeside crime watch site:

The way I understand the rules for the site, they will not accept a crime report unless it has been reported to authorities and the perps have been convicted. I'm sure that is to cut down on rumors, but it seems like that will equal very few reports.

I could be mistaken, please clarify. I wanted to check this AM but lost the URL and I'm still sleepy.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun May 27, 2012 9:49 am

You misunderstood...They will not print specific names of businesses or people suspected or charged with committing a crime unless there is a guilty verdict. Its a hair policy.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 27, 2012 10:02 am

They should change their policy to list names and businesses if there is an active criminal report against them and then list the report number.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun May 27, 2012 1:39 pm

TexMex I am so sorry this happened but glad the loss was minimal.

Re the Red Mustang, back in late January the casita on my property in Rancho del Oro was robbed and the tenants saw a new red mustang pull over and park as they were leaving to go out. The guy in the mustang was talking on a cell phone and they realized later that he was just using that as a decoy and watching them leave.
I was home with the terrace doors open and they entered the garden by breaking the lock, broke into the casita and came up through my gate without me seeing or hearing anything.

The red mustang caught my attention and I am betting it is the same group of smash and grabbers.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun May 27, 2012 2:01 pm

TexMex wrote:Tried to report this on the new crime site, but it give an error when submitting the report. So maybe even though the form is there, they are not ready to accept reports yet.

That's right. The site is scheduled to reopen on June 1. Please do report this incident when the site is up and running!

Jackak10, the first paragraph on their home page encourages the victim to report the crime to authorities. It is not a requirement.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Man, those guys need to get a paint job, or be out of business pronto. We'll be keeping an eye out for these fargin bastages. Their days are going to be coming to a screeching halt if any of us see them. Count on it.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidecrime Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 am

TexMex wrote:We had a break in yesterday, Chula Vista. They broke the lock on the garage door, got into the master bath and bedroom. We think the dogs heard them and probably chased them off, and we don't think they were in the house very long as husband forgot his wallet in the dresser drawer and it was not taken. They did take a couple of watches and some jewelry (they're in for a surprise when they find out those "diamond" earrings they took are just cheap costume jewelry!). Nothing else in the house was touched, even some obvious things in the living room like a laptop computer, which is why we think they were only in the bedroom. Neighbors had an attempted break in the day before, but gardener ran them off. He reported two guys in a red car (possibly Mustang) with a spoiler on back. Thoughts are they have been casing the neighborhood, waiting for people to leave home.

Tried to report this on the new crime site, but it give an error when submitting the report. So maybe even though the form is there, they are not ready to accept reports yet.
Sorry you had problems submitting a report - the old Lakesidecrime.com is back in place as of this morning as we have noticed several crime reports on the web forums. And we will be accepting reports until the transition to new ownership has been completed - and at this point, they still have work to do and are using a personal/business website to test it - but when I checked it early today - a lot was still under construction.

So in the interim - please use http://lakesidecrime.com/ - and all history will be intact when there is a transition.

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Post by TexMex Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks, lakesidecrime. I will post through the link you provided so that you will have the report when the new site is up and running.

I saw the neighbor's gardener this morning and asked him about the attempted break in on Friday. He said definitely it was a red Mustang, the guy had dark curly hair and spoke good English.
TexMex
TexMex

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Is this a late model Mustang or an old beater?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TexMex Mon May 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Is this a late model Mustang or an old beater?

It is not an old beater, it is a newer model and has a spoiler on the back.
TexMex
TexMex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down