INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Make This Stuff Up!

Go down

Can't Make This Stuff Up! Empty Can't Make This Stuff Up!

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm

From the GUADALAJARA REPORTER:

"Lakeside traffic chief gets a dose of road rage":

"While lakeside area expats often grouse of being the target of harassment by local traffic cops, the tables turned on Chapala’s traffic department (SVT) commandant Hector Magaña Rios, who was shocked to recently find himself on the receiving end of vile abuse by an expat motorist.

Out working the beat at Chapala’s main intersection on Thursday, May 24, he flagged over a woman behind the wheel a Jalisco-plated car who wasn’t wearing her seat belt. He says the driver nearly ran him down as she pulled over toward the curb and then cussed him out when he approached to check her documents.

He took greater umbrage when she tried get out of a ticket with a 200-peso bribe, on top of calling him an epithet referring to a part of the human anatomy. “She threatened to report me to the commander. I answered, ‘That would be me.’”

Interviewed this week by the Reporter, the driver admitted that she knew buckling up is required by law, that she offered a mordida which Magaña refused and indeed gave him quite an earful."

http://www.guadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/31171-lakeside-traffic-chief-gets-a-dose-of-road-rage.html

OOPS!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down