INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made a mistake using Telecable

+6
Mainecoons
slainte39
Grizzy
MexicoPete
David
OhioDan
10 posters

Go down

Made a mistake using Telecable Empty Made a mistake using Telecable

Post by OhioDan Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Recently moved so I thought I would try the TV, Internet, phone package from Telecable. Big mistake!! So I am going back to Telmex for phone and Internet. What I would like is a reasonable cost TV service provider that is more reliable. I was told how some people have gotten Shaw at a reasonable cost. They seem to be satisfied with the reliability also. Is this a good choice and how do I go about getting it. I have no dish or receiver. I do have a Dish dish but have no idea how their service is or how to get it.

Any suggestions?
OhioDan
OhioDan

Back to top Go down

Made a mistake using Telecable Empty Re: Made a mistake using Telecable

Post by David Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Talk to CP Electronics in Guadalajara. They have an ad in the Guadalajara Reporter.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:28 pm

It would take many pages of facts to answer your question. And I’m too lazy to write that much. What I can tell you that if you want the US networks, you’re not going to get it from DISH–Mexico. However you can get the network stations from a big city like NY on the systems mentioned below. If you want your local network stations from Ohio via satellite, forget it. Your only solution would be to stream the video over a good internet connection

The system providing US programming with the weakest signal, with not that many HD signals reaching us even with a 2.4 meter sat dish is DISH USA

DirecTV is much better in that with a single 2.4 meter sat dish, you get most all of the channels you subscribe to except for your home town stations. With both the above systems the network stations will be from a major city like N.Y.

By far the strongest signal of all comes from the Canadian Shaw Direct satellite system. There biggest dish, the one that works well lakeside measures 26.5 by 36.5 inches and brings in all kind of network stations from Canada, only offer the US network stations from Seattle, Spokane, and Detroit. Oh sure they have WLS Chicago etc. And some will say that it doesn’t offer that many programs you are used to.

Here is a post I put on another forum when someone asked about DirecTV

“Actually since the new launch of several DirecTV satellites located at 99.2, 101, and 102.8 Degrees West Longitude (note they are very close together) people have been able to get many if not most of the channels they already subscribe to using a 2.4 meter (8 foot?) satellite dish and three LNBs.

However herein lies the catch, the satellites up there located over the equator, not Texas, send out two types of signals or footprints, the wide Conus beam that you can receive with that 2.4 meter dish and the spot beams of local channels where the beam is maybe 500 miles in diameter, when it hits earth and does not reach Lake Chapala.

To learn more go to a site like http://www.cp-electronics.com and start reading. They are Satellite dealers located in Guadalajara, 30 minutes north of Chapala who install the DirecTV system

I live in Seattle for part of the year and our condo is about to switch to DirecTV. So I will be paying for DirecTV whether I am up here or down there. Therefore I'm going to use an extra 2.4 meter dish I have to take advantage of the account I will already have up North.

Now I won't get my local Seattle or Vancouver channels because they are on those spot beams mentioned above and are only viewable within several hundred miles of Seattle, but I will get most everything else.

For my local channels I can either stream the programming over the internet (VPN) or in my case subscribe to Shaw Directs minimum package which gives me my hometown stations”.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Can I ask what the problems were with telecable? Specifically the internet issues? I am so fed up with telmex right now I am pulling my hair out and considering moving so I can have cable internet. Thanks and good luck!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Tell us Grizzy what your problem is also which package you have. You know. What are your download and upload speeds, packet losses, & ping times

www.speedtest.net
www.pingtest.net

That way we will better able to understand.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm

I have Shaw through Ajijic Electronics...no problem.
They are in west Ajijic just below Hacienda Steak House.
tele no. 766-3371

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 am

Yes, I'd also like to hear about your problems with Telecable internet as we are sick of paying TelMex for internet service we aren't receiving.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Yes, I'd also like to hear about your problems with Telecable internet as we are sick of paying TelMex for internet service we aren't receiving.

Nobody in your hood have wifi you could lean on so you could quit Telmex and resign up again after a month?

Just a thought

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 pm

We thought about that but we'd also lose our U.S. internet telephone line.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioDan Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:02 pm

As far as TV service isw concerned, Telecable's US stations are un available as much as they are available. I am convinced they have no one working on the weelends. Overall I just do not think they care about customer service and reliability. Just so you know, I have had the TV service for almost a year and have never been satisfied with it.

As for Internet and phone, they have been better but no better than when I had Telmex. Whether or not I keep them depends on my mood and the hassle involved to change them.

Thanks to all who replied. I have pretty much decided to go with Shaw for TV service. Know many people who have it and all seem satisfied.
OhioDan
OhioDan

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:07 pm

We had Telecable internet at first. Seems like it went down regularly on Friday night; nobody answered the phone and it was no show all weekend. One day, I maxed out and changed to Telmex. It's not perfect, but for the most part, at least it's THERE.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:27 pm

gringal wrote:We had Telecable internet at first. Seems like it went down regularly on Friday night; nobody answered the phone and it was no show all weekend. One day, I maxed out and changed to Telmex. It's not perfect, but for the most part, at least it's THERE.

Well, it's there, and then not there. We had a download speed of 1.5 last night and trying to download a movie took forever. Once downloaded the sound and the picture didn't match up, then....... it was a crappy movie on top of all that!!!!!

What happened to the new and improved 4 to 5 mbs download speed? A joke, some nastiness on the part of Telmex, what could it be?

Made a mistake using Telecable 633732
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Movies? Ya want movies?
Best route is to jump through all the hoops and hollers plus the dinero and get yourself U.S. Netflix.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:40 pm

gringal wrote:Movies? Ya want movies?
Best route is to jump through all the hoops and hollers plus the dinero and get yourself U.S. Netflix.

Well, this was the extra special route proposed by Steve via New Zealand. Not a good selection at all, and $18 a month. Maybe next time, after the 28th well go that route.

All the good series are over for the season, and the T.V. is getting more dreary by the day. No end in sight until the fall.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm

How about 8.99 a month, complete with subtitles? No involvement with new Zealand. You just have to become a Texan.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm

gringal wrote:How about 8.99 a month, complete with subtitles? No involvement with new Zealand. You just have to become a Texan.

Do friends living in Texas count? Do we need a proxy server? 8.99 sounds very very good to me. The big guy has just gone through 30 pages on the New Zealand site with no luck.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by frkshnwa Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Send a quick email asking about Shaw to "Melanies" melanies@prodigy.net.mx or stop in at Mels Diner above Charter Tours. We have Shaw and love it.
frkshnwa
frkshnwa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Ajijic, Jalisco & Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico (From Washington State)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down