INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

+13
hockables
slainte39
E-raq
Parker
gringal
David
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
viajero
Axixic
Chico
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer Empty Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Last night 6 of us were at Hacienda Ajijic steak place. One person asked the group if any of us would be concerned about going out to Dinner in the winter, at dark or 6:00 PM and returning home. The resounding answer from each of us was "no". So you folks don't have to be concerned about being out after dark.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer Empty Re: Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Boy, I would take that one to the bank since it comes from John!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Interesting Question with Interesting Answer Empty Re: Interesting Question with Interesting Answer

Post by Chico Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Banging my head against the wall trying to understand this one. Six random folks go out for a meal and someone asks if they are afraid to go out after the streetlights go on and none of the six raises their hand. And now Mexico, after dark, is safe for all of us. Cannot even believe that anyone would post such nonsense. Actually, cannot even believe that I am responding to it. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Maybe John should take up drinking to make the thought process a bit clearer for the rest of us?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm

John doesn't drink?

Makes me think of the great Frank Sinatra who once said:
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:00 pm

johninajijic wrote:Last night 6 of us were at Hacienda Ajijic steak place. One person asked the group if any of us would be concerned about going out to Dinner in the winter, at dark or 6:00 PM and returning home. The resounding answer from each of us was "no". So you folks don't have to be concerned about being out after dark.
Winter??Just make sure you're home before midnight Cinderella.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:06 am

Makes a difference if you have a car or walk everywhere. We walk so we are
not out past 9 or so in the evening.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:16 am

After dark?? Are there vampires here too..........jajaja??
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:54 am

CanuckBob wrote:After dark?? Are there vampires here too..........jajaja??

You do understand it is not just the bad guys you have to be afraid of at night? Walk by yourself late at night drunk and see who
mugs you. You might find it interesting. At least that is what happens in Ajijic to three of my friends in the last couple of years.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:25 am

We weren't talking about late at night. The OP said (after dark in winter) at 6:00pm. I wouldn't be walking around anywhere drunk and late at night. That would be stupid.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

You do understand it is not just the bad guys you have to be afraid of at night? Walk by yourself late at night drunk and see who
mugs you. You might find it interesting. At least that is what happens in Ajijic to three of my friends in the last couple of years.

Z

That's your drunken friends fault for walking around ANY country late at night.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:47 am

Way to go John! Alway blame the victim.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:23 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

John lots of places you can walk at night so once again you are WRONG. Thanks for blaming the person being robbed for being robbed
and it wasn't the bad guys who did it. Do you get it now?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Lakeside must be a very scary place, here in Guadalajara there are tons of people walking around late at night,heck the cenadurias and taco stands don't get going till around ten pm.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

the jury of SIX in???????
Interesting Question with Interesting Answer 477249

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Obviously a flaw in their sequestering and jury instructions!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

John lots of places you can walk at night so once again you are WRONG. Thanks for blaming the person being robbed for being robbed

Z

The issue is not if you are able to walk around at night the question is it the safest thing to do. Some think its O.K. others don’t. Personally, I’m O.K. with a few others in well lit, crowded places, easily robbed just not as likely to get robbed and beat-up. Never in dark alleys or alone, others will certainly feel differently.

Now to tackle the very “Political Correct” issues “blaming the victims”. No matter how you make a statement that might even closely denigrating the victims you’re going to come out as the “Bad Guy”, when one is really trying to say is perhaps the victims could have made better choices. We all know without question that the fault lies totally with the perpetrator, not even a question to be asked, but then how is one to express that perhaps the victims could have made better choices? Somewhere this has become a “buzz phrase” and totally eliminates a very important discussion of being aware, shown by example.

P.S. I can only hope that during my lifetime we can get-over all this “Political Correct” bull-shit and talk straight on straight with one another.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I agree with Parker here, I'd personally stay away from dark isolated places anywhere in the world. We make that a habit on vacations, and even in Toronto.
Sometimes people have to get in and out of their homes, which may be in poorly lit or in isolated areas.
Sometimes there's just no choice.
So, you play your cards and hope for the best.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:06 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Always a great idea to blame the victim. Keep up the good work. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Z

OK, Zed. You have tantalized us twice. Care to tell the rest of the story? chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Chico wrote:
johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Always a great idea to blame the victim. Keep up the good work. chico

Now to tackle the very “Political Correct” issues “blaming the victims”. No matter how you make a statement that might even closely denigrating the victims you’re going to come out as the “Bad Guy”, when one is really trying to say is perhaps the victims could have made better choices. We all know without question that the fault lies totally with the perpetrator, not even a question to be asked, but then how is one to express that perhaps the victims could have made better choices? Somewhere this has become a “buzz phrase” and totally eliminates a very important discussion of being aware, shown by example.

P.S. I can only hope that during my lifetime we can get-over all this “Political Correct” bull-shit and talk straight on straight with one another.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Parker, what you are saying is the equivalent to women who dress in tight clothes and mini skirts are asking to be raped. Sorry, but we disagree. A victim is a victim and predators are predators and they are all looking for the weakest victim. Bad choices may be made, but no one deserves nor is asking to be a victim. I find your post to also be more than a little contradictory of itself and the idea that you would toss "politically correct' into this topic is mindblowing.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I 100% disagree with everything you have written. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Chico wrote:Parker, what you are saying is the equivalent to women who dress in tight clothes and mini skirts are asking to be raped. Sorry, but we disagree. A victim is a victim and predators are predators and they are all looking for the weakest victim. Bad choices may be made, but no one deserves nor is asking to be a victim. I find your post to also be more than a little contradictory of itself and the idea that you would toss "politically correct' into this topic is mindblowing.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I 100% disagree with everything you wrote. Have a nice day. chico

Let's be clear here, I agree with the staying away from dark and deserted places bit chico, as for the rest NO. A predator is definitely a predator whether in a business suit and a silk tie or dressed like a cholo.

Cheers,
raq
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Think you were posting this in disagreement with me, but I cannot find any disagreement in your response and agree with everything you wrote. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I think we could drop the phrase "blame the victim" into the same garbage bucket as "politically correct" (a phrase which originated in early Communist China and SOMEHOW morphed into meaning anything but the original one)

Let's talk about unfortunate choices, perhaps based on forgetting that things just aren't what the used to be, no matter how much we'd like it to be otherwise.
When I was a young woman, I walked after dark through one of the most crime ridden areas in San Francisco in order to get to the local library. No problems. No way would I do that today. Times have changed, as has my judgment.

The bad stuff could happen to any of us. Walking the dog after dark in poorly lit streets, for instance. Going to a restaurant on foot at a time when we know it will be quite late.......and plenty dark, when we leave. I really don't think a group parked in front of Hacienda Ajijic counts in terms of this issue.

Things have changed and all of us need to examine our habits and perhaps alter some of them to suit the times.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next