INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper.

4 posters

Go down

Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper. Empty Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper.

Post by Chico Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:14 pm

She has been with me six years. Only comes once a week for three hours. She now needs to take her mother to the new IMSS hospital to treat her mother's severe diabetes. This is going to be done every other week for the next six months, on the same day, which is the day she works for me. She is booked up and cannot change her day with me. She has taken maybe 6 paid vacation days in her six years. What I am thinking is just to give her double pay every other week for the next six months which would equal an additional 14 paid vacation days for a total of 20. I know that there is a law requiring paid vacation days for domestic help, which I believe, increase one day per year up to a certain maximum. Cannot find it. Even checked Rollybrook.com
Please, either steer me to where I can get accurate information or share your thoughts with me in terms of what I am planning to offer her. Thanks. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper. Empty Re: Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper.

Post by Rolly Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm

http://rollybrook.com/employee-pay.htm
It's there in detail. Scroll down the page a bit
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper. Empty Re: Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper.

Post by Chico Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank you so much, Rolly. I knew it was there, as you leave little out. But, could not find it. Looks like my idea will work and I will still owe her some vacation time, which is no problem. As always, good to hear from you. Thanks again, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out how to help my housekeeper. Empty Can anyone help me with this chart?

Post by Chico Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Cannot figure out how much vacation pay I owe my housekeeper for the past six years and I would like to catch up and pay her in full, as she has a lot of financial issues right now, including a car that has broken down and she and her husband cannot afford to get it fixed.

The formula for year one appears to be 52 divided by 365 times 7.5 times 150 pesos (her weekly salary for three hours, one day a week) for a total of just over 160 pesos. What do I do about years 2 through five which seems to increase in increments of two days per year until the fifth year? And is the 5th year 14 or 15? The note says 15, but the chart says 14.

Need some help here. Thanks, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Sorry Chico...having a hard time following your math.

Weekly salary 150 pesos...therefore, because she gets paid every seven days...the daily salary is (150 divided by 7 equals) 21.43 pesos per day.
The above calculation works for aguinaldo and finiquitos as well.

Using Rolly's chart:
Year 1 -- 6 days.........................128.58 (6x21.43)
Year 2 -- 6 + 2 = 8 days............171.44 (8x21.43)
Year 3 -- 8 + 2 = 10 days...........214.30 (10x21.43)
Year 4 -- 10 + 2 = 12 days.........257.16 (12x21.43)
Year 5 -- 12 + 2 = 14 days.........300.02 (14x21.43)
and the same for year 6..............300.02 (14x21.43)
Year 10 -- 14 + 2 = 16 days
Year 15 -- 16 + 2 = 18 days

Sum of vacation paid owed for six year is $1371.52 PLUS 25% (342.88) equals
1,714.40 pesos.
That's the math...and it's none of my business why your maid wasn't paid vacation pay for every year at the same time as the aguinaldo. Our gardener in San Pancho liked to save up his vacation pay too...like a forced savings plan for a rainy day. Sounds like your maid is having a rainy day.
Please have her sign a paper stating what this "official" money is for to protect yourself. Anything else you want to give her is up to you. Suerte.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:18 pm

ferret wrote:Sorry Chico...having a hard time following your math.

Weekly salary 150 pesos...therefore, because she gets paid every seven days...the daily salary is (150 divided by 7 equals) 21.43 pesos per day.

Using Rolly's chart:

1,714.40 pesos.
That's the math...and it's none of my business why your maid wasn't paid vacation pay for every year at the same time as the aguinaldo. Our gardener in San Pancho liked to save up his vacation pay too...like a forced savings plan for a rainy day. Sounds like your maid is having a rainy day.
Please have her sign a paper stating what this "official" money is for to protect yourself. Anything else you want to give her is up to you. Suerte.

Bless you Ferret. For the life of me, I could not figure out Rolly's chart, but I can yours. Hope it is not early dementia. More than you know, do I appreciate you clearing this up for me. Thanks so much for taking the time to do so. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Chico wrote:
ferret wrote:Sorry Chico...having a hard time following your math.

Using Rolly's chart:

1,714.40 pesos.

Bless you Ferret. For the life of me, I could not figure out Rolly's chart, but I can yours. Hope it is not early dementia. More than you know, do I appreciate you clearing this up for me. Thanks so much for taking the time to do so. chico

Yes, she has helped me more than once to figure out employment issue. However, instead of dividing the work week by 7, I use 5.5 because the Mexican work week is five and a half days, I’m in no way saying this is correct only I prefer to error in the employees favor, it’s such a pittance. You’ll do what you think is best and it will be more than many do, a good sign is that you even asked the question. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Thought Ferret was a he, but no matter, we are blessed to have folks, such as Ferret on this webboard, so willing to help others instead of ridiculing ,attacking and making snide comments when we ask a serious question. At least serious to those of us that are asking it. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Parker wrote: However, instead of dividing the work week by 7, I use 5.5 because the Mexican work week is five and a half days, I’m in no way saying this is correct only I prefer to error in the employees favor, it’s such a pittance.

I understand the sentiment behind your post Parker. But, please separate what is the law and your goodwill gestures. All "official" monies paid to an employee (including their weekly salary) should be signed as having been received by the employee. Anything you do over and above that...well, the sky's the limit.
Not everyone has only a few employee(s) for only a few hours a week...so it`s not a pittance to them.
My information comes from Eva Gonzales in Bucerias 329-298-0738...crackerjack accountant who specializes in labour law. She does not speak English. Wish someone could give me the name of her equivalent here in case I ever need them.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down