INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

+17
gatosigi
jackak10
espíritu del lago
mattoleriver
LMarkoya
Zedinmexico
gringal
Ezzie
hockables
Axixic
MexicoPete
Mainecoons
angela04101
ferret
Big Daddy Mexico
CanuckBob
johninajijic
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 am

they'll get over it...I did Was on phone and in a hurry...

espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet?

Post by gatosigi Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:28 am

Acer tablet with Android OS. Works fine. Don't like the reflective display.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? - Page 2 Empty Playbook 16G

Post by Kiri Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:54 am

I have the Playbook 16G. It can be purchased at Best Buy Guad for about 3300 pesos, or $199 CDN in Canada. Note price in MX includes tax.

Hard to beat for the price, based on the quality and features.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Playbook-7-Inch-Tablet-32GB/dp/B004UL34VW

Last edited by Kiri on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:57 am

http://reviews.cnet.com/mobile-connectivity-and-entertainment/samsung-galaxy-tab-10/4505-8900_7-34505338.html?tag=rb_content;contentBody

I am looking at this one^^^^^^ Zed what do you think?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/sony-tablet-s-32gb/4505-3126_7-35003724.html?tag=rb_content;contentBody

and this one.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/money/consumer/data_doctor/is-microsofts-new-tablet-better-than-the-ipad

Out of those choices what is your opinion and why? I think battery life is one of the top things to consider. What else is top on the list as you see it?

Thanks for your taking time and helping us old geezer who need guidance! Thumbs up
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Do you have an iPad or Similar Tablet? - Page 2 Empty BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 review to find out why this tablet should be at the top of your wishlist. UPDATED 7 JUNE 2012.

Post by Kiri Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm

RIM's revised BlackBerry PlayBook addresses all the original tablet's shortcomings. It offers unbeatable value at £169, putting budget Android tablets to shame. Read our BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 review to find out why this tablet should be at the top of your wishlist. UPDATED 7 JUNE 2012.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/tablets/3339485/blackberry-playbook-20-review/#ixzz1yddYbM6q
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:http://reviews.cnet.com/mobile-connectivity-and-entertainment/samsung-galaxy-tab-10/4505-8900_7-34505338.html?tag=rb_content;contentBody

I am looking at this one^^^^^^ Zed what do you think?

I am not qualified to give an experts answer but my personal answer is the Samsung which uses the Android operating system is the
one main option to the Apple stuff. Now when new Microsoft surface comes out I will probably go for this one as it will run in the more
expensive version windows eight. Please note I don't like touchscreens, swiping or moving my hand in some wierd manner. I like Mice.
I don't like Apple not having any card slots or ports and depending on wireless to move data. New MS unit will have ports to read memory
cards and take memory sticks. So if you like the slick sexy no ports touch this touch that don't listen to me. If you just want a smaller
version of a PC wait for MS unit to come out this fall. If you need slick and sexy and need ports and such buy the Samsung. I am waiting
for the MS version or will buy a 4GB net book from Acer running win 7. Apple and Samsung units are both good. That is why they are
busily suing each other all over the world right now. Apple says Samsung is copying so Samsung which has a very large intellecutal property
stash is suing Apple saying they are violating Samsung Patents or some argument like that. What it really means is Apple feels threatened
by Samsungs Tablets. Not sure you can patent a movement of your hand but this is the kind of argument Apple loves to use in suing
other companies like Samsung. So want small version of your current win 7/XP notebook? Wait for MS Surface Tablet with keyboard
and wireless mouse. Need sleek, trendy, and don't care about no non radio based connectivity buy the Apple. Need some connectivity
with USB and want sleek and trendy buy an Android Based tablet like the Samsung. Last Caveat. I am a hardware engineer so I don't
much care about the software issues of the operating systems. The Apple and Samsung Tablet are both very sexy and very touch
oriented. Either unit is a winner and a good choice to go forward with a slight favor to the Apple operating system and Apple GUI.
But Android works pretty good also. No losers here. Me I will wait but I don't want to learn a new OS and will stick with MS.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I have an HP Touchpad. If I were to buy another I would get an Ipad 3.

Hope you bought that little marketing stinker after the price was cut to almost give away levels and didn't
pay full price. If you did sorry man. If you got it cheap lucky you I couldn't get one and I worked for HP.
Good deal at the cheap price.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:12 pm

I worked for a Canadian retailer who happened to be one of the largest distributors of HP products in Canada. Yes, I got it for $99.00 as did any other of our employees who wanted one.......we sold 10,000 of them to just our employees in 3 days.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Since this is mostly about I-products .... I was miffed when I couldn't copy music files to my IPhone from PC. I had to install ITunes to do it. ITunes kinda takes over the computer as far as music player which I don't care for. Do all I-products require ITunes

IPhone is like a harddrive for fotos and video but not for music. I think you also need ITunes for Apps from the Apple store
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:32 pm

You can "jailbreak" your IPhone and do anything you want with it. There are even app sites for "unauthorized" apps that you can download once it is "jailbroken". Come and see me next time you are in town Sparks and I'll hook you up.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Lots of stuff out there on it bu gonna have to do some studying first
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Not sure I'll bus or drive next trip ... so we'll see. Driving in Guad is not one of my favorite things

http://cydia.saurik.com/
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Anyone who discussed Blackberry. I wouldn't take their products if you gave them to me after they screwed their shareholders in the butt.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Sparks
There are a few excellent free windows apps that will do everything and more that iTunes does. CopyTrans comes to mind. Excellent manager and works with iPod,iPhone,iPad
Bob jail broke and unlocked my iPhone, use Installus to get any app you want (almost)
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

You guys are too much for me :) I'm still trying to take full advantage of my old iPhone 4 and my problem is that I only have the new iPad, not the newer iPad like John has.

What are there, 500,000 apps. Give me another six months and I will be talking jail break too. :)

Signed

overwhelmed for a while longer
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:44 pm

The one nice thing about iTunes is it give you a play list and I didn't see that with CopyTrans ... or even a way to copy from PC to IPhone. Nice suggestion tho

Ideal would be to have the I-product able to search the PC and install from a CD or downloaded app.
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 pm

MexicoPete wrote:You guys are too much for me :) I'm still trying to take full advantage of my old iPhone 4 and my problem is that I only have the new iPad, not the newer iPad like John has.

What are there, 500,000 apps. Give me another six months and I will be talking jail break too. :)

Signed

overwhelmed for a while longer

Older IPhone 4 .... I have a 3GS. Is there a 5 yet?
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Surface looks real good, BUT is it going to have all the security flaws ms is famous for ? Will android ever have 64 bit like Ipad?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Sparks,
The 5 may be out this fall. but that is only a guess

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:16 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Surface looks real good, BUT is it going to have all the security flaws ms is famous for ? Will android ever have 64 bit like Ipad?

According to one of the security houses Apple is starting to have problems with security. People are starting to create bad things for the apple
environment and Apple is not staffed up for this like MS. The trick with MS is to wait for service pack one to be released. As far as 64 bit
goes does it really do anything for us. I don't see any difference running IE9 32 versus 64. I don't think Android is slow. Why would you want
android to be 64bit ??
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 am

Just planning ahead... Thanks Zed..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 pm

We have an IPad 3 (new IPad), an IPhone 4, an assortment of IPods and two MacBooks. They have come into our life over a period of time and have each found an indispensable place for themselves. It is true that Apple products are slightly more expensive than others. However, given their ease of use, user-friendliness, scope of application and, most of all, their reliability and low cost of maintenance, we think they are very much worth it.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:42 pm

For those of you using Apple products, the travel site Orbitz has determined that Mac users tend to spend more on hotels and thus they do their search sorts with that in mind:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304458604577488822667325882.html

Are they saying that Mac users are part of the 1%?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2