INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars

5 posters

Go down

J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars Empty J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:54 pm

J. D. Power 2012 U. S. Initial Quality Study - Gotta be biased???
Sub Compact - Toyota Yaris
2. Honda Fit
3. Mazda 2

Compact - Toyota Corolla
2. Toyota Prius
3. Honda Civic

Compact Sporty Car - Mazda MX 5
2. Volkswagen Eos
3. Scion 1C

Compact Premium Sporty Car - Volvo C70
2. Mercedes Benz E Cabriolet

Entry Premium Car - Lexus ES350
2. Acura TL
3. Lincoln MKZ

Mid Sized Car - Chevy Malibu (They gotta be kidding - What a POS)
2. Ford Fusion
3. Honda Accord

Mid Sized Premium car - Infinity M
2. Lincoln MKS
3. Mercedes Benz E Class

Mid Sized Sporty Car - Ford Mustang
2. Dodge Challenger

Large Car - Ford Taurus
2. Toyota Avalon
3. Chrysler 300

Large Premium Car - Lexus LS
2. Mercedes Benz S Class
3. Porsche Panamera

Premium Sporty Car - Porsche 911
2. BMW - 6 Series
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars Empty Re: J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars

Post by Mainecoons Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Howzabout sport utes?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars Empty Re: J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Howzabout sport utes?

They didn't say anything about them. It was cars.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 am

Note the Malibu and Fussion beat out the Accord. My oh my how far Honda
has fallen. Nobody would have guessed even just 3 years ago how Honda
quality has fallen. New Civic looks like crap inside. Reminds me of a 10 year
old Hyundai. Also note Taurus over Avalon. Wow.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:51 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Note the Malibu and Fussion beat out the Accord. My oh my how far Honda

Z

This is how I look at it, J. D. Power gets paid off to the highest bidder. Some of the cars outranking others in this survery is total BS. Example, Chevy Malibu. I drove a Chevy Impala two years ago in Toronto. Worst POS I have ever driven and seen. Total plastic inside.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:26 am

johninajijic wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Note the Malibu and Fussion beat out the Accord. My oh my how far Honda

Z

This is how I look at it, J. D. Power gets paid off to the highest bidder. Some of the cars outranking others in this survery is total BS. Example, Chevy Malibu. I drove a Chevy Impala two years ago in Toronto. Worst POS I have ever driven and seen. Total plastic inside.

Actually the Chevy Malibu was one of GM first modern quality car. Impala is a different car and not as good as Malibu. It deserves its ratings.
I am not a GM fan at all but give them credit when due.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:03 pm

John:

Have you ever stopped to think that plastics, recycled materials and other materials foreign to vehicles just a few years ago are now being used to reduce weight which happens to be one of the avenues to better gas mileage?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm

He never stops to think...........
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 pm

What was I thinking?

[img]J. D. POWER 2012 US Initial Quality Study - Top 11 Quality Cars Studio10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:23 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

Have you ever stopped to think that plastics, recycled materials and other materials foreign to vehicles just a few years ago are now being used to reduce weight which happens to be one of the avenues to better gas mileage?

I'll wager that cheap plastic doesn't weigh any more than quality plastic. My buddy the automotive engineer is being asked this very question. I'll let you know what he says.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Z

Actually the Chevy Malibu was one of GM first modern quality car. Impala is a different car and not as good as Malibu. It deserves its ratings.

Z

My problem is that I remember the real Chevy Malibu. With the 283 four speed that was one sweet ride. God how I love the cars of the late 50's up to 1969. My dream ride is the '69 Caddie Eldorado convertible. Would have to sell the house to own a fully restored one today. Sigh. . . . .
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:16 am

Mainecoons wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:John:

I'll wager that cheap plastic doesn't weigh any more than quality plastic. My buddy the automotive engineer is being asked this very question. I'll let you know what he says.

Yep Mercedes plastic cost more than the New Honda Civic plastic. VW has very good plastic. Honda for the Civic and Nissan for the new Versa
were downgraded by Consumers Reports for the quality of the new materials in the interiors including the quality of plastic. It is a shock to me
that these two companies would do this. I bet your engineer friend will bring us some interesting info. My plastic info comes from my experience
in making plastic cases for electronics like expensive Calculators and such using injection moulding. Big difference in price between lower and higher
quality materials used. We use to have nice polite fight with the procurement engineer who was always looking how to cut costs in materials.
I won by saying we are not gonna go cheap on a $400 caluculator.

Z

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:18 am

Mainecoons wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Z

Z

My problem is that I remember the real Chevy Malibu. With the 283 four speed that was one sweet ride. God how I love the cars of the late 50's up to 1969. My dream ride is the '69 Caddie Eldorado convertible. Would have to sell the house to own a fully restored one today. Sigh. . . . .

I know we all had one of those cars. I was a road runner guy. 383 four barrel four speed and a horn that went meep meep! I wish I had one of
those horns now for my Chevy Comfort LOL.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down