INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oven repair needed

3 posters

Go down

Oven repair needed Empty Oven repair needed

Post by Chico Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Tried to make some white cornmeal buttermilk cornbread this morning in my 50 year old cast iron skillet. Oven was supposed to be at 400 F. Took an hour to get to 350 and my childhood memories were dashed with the results. Have had problems with the oven not heating up for the longest. Maxes out at 350F and takes forever to get there.

Any suggestion on who I can call to repair the oven, assuming that it is repairable?

Thanks. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Oven repair needed Empty Re: Oven repair needed

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Chico wrote:Tried to make some white cornmeal buttermilk cornbread this morning in my 50 year old cast iron skillet. Oven was supposed to be at 400 F. Took an hour to get to 350 and my childhood memories were dashed with the results. Have had problems with the oven not heating up for the longest. Maxes out at 350F and takes forever to get there.

Any suggestion on who I can call to repair the oven, assuming that it is repairable?

Thanks. chico

The Best and guarantees repairs.
APPLIANCE REPAIR - ALL APPLIANCES
REFRIGERACION REAL
CARLOS or JUALBERTO (Speaks English)
Hidalgo # 66 A - Riberas del Pilar
Tel Office: 765 5653 or Home: 765 4377

I believe they do all of Tio Sam's warranty work.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks, John. Much appreciated. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 pm

I took John's recommendation and his oven guys were due to arrive between 10 and 10:30 Friday morning. At 10:35, I received a call from them apologizing to me for not being on time and could they come in 20 minutes. That call, in and of itself, impressed me and I made sure to thank them when they arrived here for their call to me.

15 minutes later, they were here. Pulled out my stove and pretty much pulled it apart trying to find out my oven problem. They could find nothing wrong. Asked to see my propane tanK, so I showed it to them and they think it is the regulator not providing enough propane presssure to heat my oven properly. They put my stove back together, cleaned up their mess and promised to come out tomorrow morning and will call me before they leave Chapala to let me know their ETA at my place. They were here for an hour and a half and would not take a centavo from me until they get my problem corrected. Much more than pleased, so far, with John's recommendation and their extreme courtesy and politeness. Will do a follow up tomorrow, after they finish. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Problem solved. Roberto and his dad called me at 10:30 this morning telling me they were on their way and 15 minutes later, they were ringing my doorbell. They even brought their own propane regulator and small canister of propane to check to see if that was really the problem. The difference was dramatic. Last time It took an hour for my oven to get to 350 F, this time it took 20 minutes to pass 400F. They cleaned out all the nozzles of my stove burners and they now burn twice as high as they used to. Went to the store and bought a new regulator for me. They were here a total of 2.5 hours between 1.5 hours on Saturday and one hour today.

Total cost for 2.5 hours of labor, cleaning my stove top nozzles, purchasing and installing and testing for leaks with dish soap was an incredible 700 pesos.

These guys do all major appliance repairs, not just ovens. Could not recommend anyone more than them. Prompt, polite, professional, cleaned up their mess and I have to tell you that I was embarrassed to pay so little.

I want to give a major shout out to John for his advice. Thank you, John. Could not have done it without your help, as I had never heard of these guys. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Love a happy ending! When you makin' cornmeal muffins? Glad your old oven is up to par again...they just don't make 'em like they used to...todays ovens are junk.
I know we get on John's case for some of his outlandish remarks...but his lists and recommendations? Excellent!
I'm stashin' that number in my file.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks Ferret, for your always positive thoughts, comments and helpful posts. I manage seven rental units and before today had always used Electro Venta. They are great, but have now moved to second place. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down