INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board Etiquette

+12
CheenaGringo
twelveoaks
MexicoPete
Mainecoons
Parker
juanrey
Ms.Thang
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
ferret
gringal
oncesubtle
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Board Etiquette  - Page 2 Empty Re: Board Etiquette

Post by johninajijic Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 pm

MexicoPete wrote:This is just another vote saying, yes we are moving in the right direction. To where? I don't know.

But darn, how am I going to tease and be teased by John.

Only kidding.

You are too funny Pete. I guess you'll be forced lower youself and go to Octagon.

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:50 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:While having an opinion is an accepted matter in our society, in my estimation it should be made clear when stating an opinion or a guess or a theory. We often see opinions stated as fact with zero documentation or evidence. I am very guilty of jumping on instances where this takes place as I see it as an opportunity for people to be mislead. There is no need to give recent examples of this because we have seen them and members may start getting defensive once again.

I believe you can still come out and express your opinion or state your perceived facts; you just don’t get to call them stupid, lost in the corn flakes or lost on the yellow brick road.

"Civility ;
noun: politeness, consideration, courtesy, tact, good manners, graciousness, cordiality, affability, amiability, politesse, complaisance, courteousness. Most people treat each other with at least some civility.

Quotations
"Civility costs nothing and buys everything" [Mary Wortley Montagu Letter to her daughter]

Proverbs
"A civil question deserves a civil answer"
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002"

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 pm

I welcome the new enforcement of existing rules and regs and agree to abide by them. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:11 pm

I also hope that this new enforcement, will encourage Mexicans to join this board. I posted yesterday asking if there were any Mexican Nationals that were members of this board. After five pages and 62 responses questioning whether the term "Mexican National" was an insult to Mexican people, not a single Mexican found, yet. I think that anyone who has a minimal understanding of Mexican culture knows why this would be a difficult board for Mexicans to join. It is very sad, that we do not have the input from the people who live here, know and understand what is going on and can be the most helpful to us, as we try to figure out this country that most of us have come to love, albeit with more than a few times of banging our heads against the wall. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SenorDorky Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm

oncesubtle wrote:After several posts, a buncha PM's and a very short conversation with CanuckBob, we will be tightening up the enforcement of rules for postings everywhere but the Octagon.

We will no longer tolerate sniping. If you must, take it to the Octagon. Having been one of the main combatants in the last snipe-a-thon under my 'civilian' screen name RoofBob, I apologize for my behavior.

THANK YOU! three cheers for civility and thanks to Bob and the moderators for all your hard work!

SenorDorky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2