INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another accident

+15
viajero
Gamina
Mainecoons
RoofBob
Jim W
CheenaGringo
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
CanuckBob
Kiri
Mad_Max
johninajijic
merry
Carry Bean
Chico
juanrey
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another accident Empty Another accident

Post by juanrey Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Bottom of the hill off the Libriemento, right in front of Walmart.
Big old Pemex truck layed over on its side at around 4:30pm today
Getting to be dangerous down there
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Another accident Empty Re: Another accident

Post by Chico Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Another one? Can't wait to see how many new topes they are going to set out now. I have pretty much stopped driving from Ajijic to Joco due to the topes. Used to take me 15 minutes a few years ago and now it is closer to a half hour. Nothing in Joco that I need for a half hour drive. Probably, folks in Joco feel the same way about making the trek eastward chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

I hope nobody was hurt.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:35 pm

It's a dangerous world.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:14 pm

juanrey wrote:Bottom of the hill off the Libriemento, right in front of Walmart.
Big old Pemex truck layed over on its side at around 4:30pm today
Getting to be dangerous down there

Probably driving way too fast taking the corner at high speed. Did the gasoline spill? Was the driver hurt?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 am

here is an article from the informador - translated by google - Personal sector Bajio Mexican Petroleum Pipelines, supported by the parastatal Fire and Civil Protection of Chapala, attended the tip of a tank car owned by Pemex, on the road Chapala -Ajijic. Pemex said the accident occurred when a vehicle crossed carelessly, causing the driver of the tank car perform an evasive maneuver and lost control, with no reported injuries or damage to third parties. He said the unit presented A small leakage of gas, which was content with moss Pemex workers, while initiated the work of transferring the product to another tank car. He said that as a safety measure, the area was cordoned off by municipal authorities and suspended the vehicular traffic. noted that another pipe carrying water from Pemex for use in an emergency, due to the length of the slope at the point, hit a van parastatal supported the work.
http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2012/388790/6/reportan-volcadura-de-auto-tanque-de-pemex-en-jalisco.htm

Last edited by Mad_Max on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found more current article)
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Another accident Empty Pic of Truck

Post by Kiri Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 am

Another accident Fireab

Last edited by Kiri on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 am

Great pic Kiri.

Gracias.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

CanuckBob wrote:Great pic Kiri.

Gracias.

Would have taken a better picture, except with the expectation of an explosion, I shot and ran...
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:02 am

saw that accident as well. I think the big problem there is that trucks rely on their air brakes and use them all the way down instead of shifting down and slowing down. They need to post a sign for "no engine brakes" like in canada or the states and enforce it with fines, then maybe after awhile they will stop. teaching them how to drive would also be a good start!! LOL!!
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 pm

From the GUADALAJARA REPORTER:

"Three tankers and a pickup truck belonging to Pemex, the government-operated oil company, piled up in a two-part freak accident that occurred Monday, July 9 at the intersection of the Chapala-Jocotepec highway and the Libramiento bypass.

The initial crash involved a tanker filled with Magna gasoline that rolled over after the driver skidded out of control on approaching the traffic light from the bypass around 4 p.m.

An empty tanker and a pickup truck carrying Pemex personnel arrived in the aftermath to carry out the transfer of fuel from the overturned truck. Just as technicians were about to start the decanting maneuver, a third tanker loaded with water to be used in case of a fire outbreak came barreling down the bypass, flew through the intersection and smashed straight into the pickup and backup tanker."
http://theguadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/31394-pemex-tankers-pile-up-at-bypass-intersection.html

Sounds like a real comedy of errors!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Those damn squirrels really seem to be causing a lot of problems lately lol! chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Ya kin tell bizenis is slow...still talkin about axeident onthe 9th drunk
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Trevor "poncho" Armstrong wrote:saw that accident as well. I think the big problem there is that trucks rely on their air brakes and use them all the way down instead of shifting down and slowing down. They need to post a sign for "no engine brakes" like in canada or the states and enforce it with fines, then maybe after awhile they will stop. teaching them how to drive would also be a good start!! LOL!!

Just a quick FYI. A truck engine braking system is commonly referred to as a Jake brake which turns the engine into a compressor to slow a vehicle via the drive train. It has nothing to do with the trucks air brakes which are a separate system. When coming down a hill and the driver hits the jake brake while gearing down it makes lots of noise. The Jacobs brake was developed to save brake pads ($$) and serve as an additional braking system, to the distress of anyone within earshot.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:04 pm

LOL Jim! Hey, it's La Hora de Feliz! (Uh oh, I'll probably get castigated for bad Spanish here. Have another Tequila and chill!) Beer

Hate to say it but they probably need to put some big topes on that downhill run to wake up the truckers.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:23 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:From the GUADALAJARA REPORTER:

Just as technicians were about to start the decanting maneuver, a third tanker loaded with water to be used in case of a fire outbreak came barreling down the bypass, flew through the intersection and smashed straight into the pickup and backup tanker."
http://theguadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/31394-pemex-tankers-pile-up-at-bypass-intersection.html

Sounds like a real comedy of errors!

The other error here is not just that one Pemex tanker crashed into the original Pemex tanker, but the second one was carrying WATER, in case the first tanker caught on fire. Any one of us that has taken first responder disaster courses knows that one doesn't use WATER on a GASOLINE fire!! What were they thinking?? Oh, that's right, Mexican logic is an oxymoron.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Mas topes por favor,queremos mas topes,me encanten los topes!!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:08 pm

I love the new very low topes. The problem is that most everyone drives over them very slowly, when driving over them at over 40 KM/Hr is smoother than going over them very slow.

As I said before. I can read and understand Spanish, but can't spell worth a darn, so I answer in English

Pedro

El naco ruco
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Pete, you and me both. Do not have a clue as to why mostly Mexican drivers slow to a standstill when going over these little guys. Taking them on at just a minor slowdown and they are a piece of cake. Glad we could find an area of agreement without sarcasm from either of us. Very Happy chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:37 pm

More likely that the water tanker was there to wash down any leakage of gasoline spilled during the transfer process?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:More likely that the water tanker was there to wash down any leakage of gasoline spilled during the transfer process?
If that were the case it might make Gamina look like an oxy.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:29 pm

MexicoPete wrote:I love the new very low topes. The problem is that most everyone drives over them very slowly, when driving over them at over 40 KM/Hr is smoother than going over them very slow.

As I said before. I can read and understand Spanish, but can't spell worth a darn, so I answer in English

Pedro

El naco ruco

Gotta agree. I tried slowing down and it seems rougher on the vehicle, so I drive over them fast whenever I can. More useless topes. They won't be there long with heavy trucks driving over them.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Chico wrote:Pete, you and me both. Do not have a clue as to why mostly Mexican drivers slow to a standstill when going over these little guys. Taking them on at just a minor slowdown and they are a piece of cake. Glad we could find an area of agreement without sarcasm from either of us. Very Happy chico

But Chico it's fun to bait each other:) Like John, I've only talked to him over the phone when I was giving tech support at Lagunanet, and if I met him, I'm sure I would like him. But it's fun to tease him and to be teased back.

I know it puts me in my place, when I need it. But I refuse to admit it :)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 pm

RoofBob wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:More likely that the water tanker was there to wash down any leakage of gasoline spilled during the transfer process?
If that were the case it might make Gamina look like an oxy.

And wash the gasoline right into that big drainage ditch and straight into the lake--great idea!!
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 am

Actually, before the repaving there were some fairly stiff concrete vibradores on the downhill side of the road as it approached the Carretera. I guess someone wouldn't know this if they live in Guadalajara, right Viajero?

In a country where speed limits, stop signs, warning signs and traffic lights are pretty much ignored there aren't a lot of alternatives, eh? Imagine what would have happened if that tanker had exploded in that location or the dump truck had gone right across the intersection and plowed a few folks under.

I don't like 'em either but they sure beat big accidents with fatalities IMO.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next