INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun

+9
brigitte
viajero
David
johninajijic
Guiness
RoofBob
Carry Bean
espíritu del lago
CheenaGringo
13 posters

Go down

Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun Empty Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm

"Fugitive on US most-wanted list is captured in Mexico":

"MEXICO CITY -- The U.S. Marshals Service announced the capture of Vincent Legrend Walters, one of the law enforcement agency's 15 most wanted fugitives, in the resort city of Cancun.

Walters, 45, was wanted on kidnapping, murder and drug charges stemming from a 1988 San Diego, Calif., case.

The agency said Walters was apprehended Friday morning, then transported to Mexico City where he will await extradition to the United States.

Walters had been working at the Cancun International Airport under the assumed name Oscar Rivera, according to a statement released by the agency.

Walters is accused in the kidnapping and murder of Christina Reyes in September 1988, U.S. Marshals said in a statement obtained by NBC News. He was also indicted by a federal grand jury in 1989 on conspiracy to manufacture, possess and distribute crystal methamphetamine, carrying firearms during a drug trafficking crime and possession of unregistered firearms and explosives............

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/14/12743433-fugitive-on-us-most-wanted-list-is-captured-in-mexico?lite

This guy has been on the run for many years but apparently the resort style appealed to him?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun Empty Re: Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Guess it beats prison while it lasted.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun Empty Re: Another US Fugitive gets caught at a Resort - Cancun

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:08 pm

I had a housesitter here who was picked up by the US Marshalls a month or so after she was at my house.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Oh Carry, do tell!
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:53 am

She was Carol Ann Morrero when I knew her. I didn't like her at ALL but she was a friend of a friend & I needed to meet up with my niece in Las Vegas & had to have a pet sitter. She worked at Dr. Cordova's office.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/27/rebecca-parrett-caught-in_n_774566.html

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 am

Oh yeah, that was quite the story. Thanks
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm

That's the big concern for us when contemplating hiring house/pet sitters down here. NOB you would never hire someone who you don't know to have full access to your home and property and your beloved pets. It is taking us some time to get use to the idea...............up till now we have gone back NOB seperately..........I've heard a few horror stories of people coming back to find their homes emptied out and their pets starving! There was also another guy who had a great reputation and good references - he turned out to be a petafile and was caught. He had housesat for quite a few people we know here. You just never know!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Deport all the fugitives. They've had the good life too long here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 pm

And just how do you know the fugitives to deport them before they are caught? I would be willing to bet that in eleven years, you have unknowingly been in direct contact with a good half dozen of them.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:48 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:And just how do you know the fugitives to deport them before they are caught? I would be willing to bet that in eleven years, you have unknowingly been in direct contact with a good half dozen of them.

Pure speculation since I don't do business with gringos here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmmm, fugitives are not all gringos.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 pm

I'd bet that half of John's semi-monthly dinner group are fugitives of one sort or another.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 pm

"Pure speculation since I don't do business with gringos here."

Just where did I speculate that you did business with them? They could be in line with you at SuperLake or sitting at the very next table when the semi monthly dinner group or most anywhere. Hell, you could have communicated with one of them on a forum!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 pm

viajero wrote:I'd bet that half of John's semi-monthly dinner group are fugitives of one sort or another.

That's slander. Furthermore they have college educations and held respectable positions in the US, unlike some of you who gave yourself border promotions.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"Pure speculation since I don't do business with gringos here."

Just where did I speculate that you did business with them? They could be in line with you at SuperLake or sitting at the very next table when the semi monthly dinner group or most anywhere. Hell, you could have communicated with one of them on a forum!

Communicated with one of them on a forum? Do you mean this forum?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 am

johninajijic wrote: Furthermore they have college educations and held respectable positions in the US,
So did Carol Ann Marrero

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 am

Carol lived on our street and she was a true pet lover.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 am

John:

It is very hard for me to grasp just how naive you can be and how you have have lived this long living in denial. History tells us that fugitives live anywhere and everywhere. They are extremely adept at creating new lives with stories that have proven to be believable to those around them in their new environments. Name changes, college educations and respectable former positions can be part of the story.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Guiness wrote:'ve heard a few horror stories... another [petsitter] who had a great reputation and good references - he turned out to be a petafile and was caught. He had housesat for quite a few people we know here.

What in the HECK is a petafile?

M.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 pm

A Petafile is someone who sleeps with dogs and other pets that are underage. You know a pet less than 16 or whatever the age of consent is with a pet. That is why he is looking for petsitting positions. I don't think that sex is involved. At least I hope not.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 pm

If anyone needs a house/petsitter my wife and I are availiable. We have good rates and we wont steal your stuff!!! We love animals as we have three of our own (plus my mother and father in law) and they are all still alive and healthy! LOL!! We can give you references and you can pay when you get back and you are satisfied with the job. Just p.m me with any questions. We are booked right now till the end of january. We may have some time open in december(wife has the calender). Im at a job right now with 4 chihuahua's, a mexican hairless, and a blind Shar-pei (who is on my lap snoring and drooling!)LOL
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:15 pm

13 years here and I have known five fugitives, all U.S. citizens. Two were good, close friends and had really fascinating stories . One was someone in my immediate social circle and two I did business with.

It's been a while since the U.S. Marshall's came and hauled anyone away, wonder who will be next?

Hey, anyone remember "Montana"? Dumb as a rock, that one. But he lasted 5 years or so at least. You don't have to be that smart.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 am

Ms.Thang wrote:13 years here and I have known five fugitives, all U.S. citizens. Two were good, close friends and had really fascinating stories . One was someone in my immediate social circle and two I did business with.
...Hey, anyone remember "Montana"? Dumb as a rock, that one. But he lasted 5 years or so at least. You don't have to be that smart.

Ms. Thang, I don't recall anything about a Montana, do tell!

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down