INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do some peoples post look funny?

+4
sparks
Parker
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
8 posters

Go down

Why do some peoples post look funny? Empty Why do some peoples post look funny?

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Two ways to post on this board. If you use the Quick reply at the end of the page no
problem as the box is narrow and it will only allow a small amount of characters. Now
if you use quote, post a new topic you get a much larger width box. Now folks with
large high resolution monitors see it as it is. If I am using either the narrow or wide
format I see it that way. Now you folks with small monitors or screens like ACER net
books will see the wide line turn up as a two lines one long one short with the overflow
than one goes to the next line and do it again. long short long short etc etc. So we
folks with big monitors may be creating problems for smaller monitor users. Another
posibility is I have something messed up with my PC but since it does it on my 17"
HD monitor on my laptop I don't think I have anything broken. I think maybe the small
screens don't paginate properly.

Anyhoo something for us folks with big monitors to think about. I wrote this using post
a new topic (wide input screen) and just hit return half way across the screen which
should solve the problem.

THIS SHOULD LOOK CORRECT TO EVERYONE RIGHT?
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Why do some peoples post look funny? Empty Re: Why do some peoples post look funny?

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:42 pm

It always pretty much looks the same to me on all my devices (17" laptop, 13" laptop, 10" HP TouchPad & 3" IPhone) so not quite sure what you are referring to.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Why do some peoples post look funny? Empty Re: Why do some peoples post look funny?

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:44 pm

BTW......what browser are you using?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:49 pm

CanuckBob wrote:It always pretty much looks the same to me on all my devices (17" laptop, 10" HP TouchPad & 3" IPhone) so not quite sure what you are referring to.

We folks with larger monitors and good pagination devices see this
as two lines.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
etc etc

Folks with Acer net books or same chip set devices see it as four lines
like below. It is very hard to read.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
etc etc

OK CB??

Z

23"HP all in one 1920 by 1080 win 7 IE9 I3 Intel graphics

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Two ways to post on this board. If you use the Quick reply at the end of the page no
problem as the box is narrow and it will only allow a small amount of characters. Now
if you use quote, post a new topic you get a much larger width box. Now folks with
large high resolution monitors see it as it is. If I am using either the narrow or wide
format I see it that way. Now you folks with small monitors or screens like ACER net
books will see the wide line turn up as a two lines one long one short with the overflow
than one goes to the next line and do it again. long short long short etc etc. So we
folks with big monitors may be creating problems for smaller monitor users. Another
posibility is I have something messed up with my PC but since it does it on my 17"
HD monitor on my laptop I don't think I have anything broken. I think maybe the small
screens don't paginate properly.

Anyhoo something for us folks with big monitors to think about. I wrote this using post
a new topic (wide input screen) and just hit return half way across the screen which
should solve the problem.

THIS SHOULD LOOK CORRECT TO EVERYONE RIGHT?
Z

Z, This looks good to me and before it looked funny and was hard to read. Hope this info helps; 14/15 inch screen.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 pm

by Zedinmexico on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm

For the sake of argument John makes it sound like it is easy to get an Automatic
weapon in the US. It is not! you have to buy a teasury stamp and renew it
each year if I remember right. You cannot go into a gunshop and buy an
automatic weapon without mucho paperwork.

I notice your line lengths are shorter than most everyone. Are you hitting return so as not to scroll right?

I've noticed that on other boards but thought people were cutting and pasting from Notepad or Word with a 'hard return'. Looks fine here in my 19". Used Quick Reply for this

Guess I didn't realize you were worried about others with small screens. I would assume this board inserts a RETURN at the end of a line so it has to wrap twice

Last edited by sparks on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Its the small screens or the units with not perfect pagination.

Thanks everyone.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Maybe because the posters look funny themselves! LOL
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

I always found some peoples posts look funnier than others
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 pm

hockables wrote:I always found some peoples posts look funnier than others

For sure that's true and some other look sarcastic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Its the small screens or the units with not perfect pagination.

Thanks everyone.
Z

It looks pretty cool on my 8- 24" widescreen monitors when you use all as one screen. LOL
razberry drunk
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Its the small screens or the units with not perfect pagination.

Thanks everyone.
Z

It looks pretty cool on my 8- 24" widescreen monitors when you use all as one screen. LOL
razberry drunk

Hate to see the cabling on the back of your computer LOL.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:24 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:

Thanks everyone.
Z

razberry drunk

Z

Its a pretty Big Computer. LOL
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:25 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:

Thanks everyone.
Z

razberry drunk

Z

Its a pretty Big Computer. LOL

Yes it would be alot of zzzzzzzzzz accross eight screens. LOL
Yea eight video cards might just pop a breaker.

I have this vision in my head of your computer eight monitors
and sausage everywhere. LOL

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:02 am

Companies I worked for that developed web-based products had a caveat concerning screen size 20 years ago: ensure everything fit on a 14" screen. When Pocket PCs came out, it took years for anyone to be interested in developing software that would properly display websites on their tiny screens; it just wasn't worth it.
Today a 22" monitor costs 1/6th what a 14" cost back then, and tube monitors have been replaced with flatscreens, so design is no longer the issue it was. There has been tremendous growth in "app"-type software for netbooks and smartphones.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:08 am

This website uses dynamic resizing, meaning you can drag it wider or narrow and retain proper formatting until a minimum is reached. This minimum is sort of equal to the page-width used in most HTML design programs. This minimum can be changed by the designer, but not without incurring a lot of weird display results.

The display resolution of any screen also has a bearing on what Zed would see; a 10" netbook should show proper formatting if the resolution is correct. However, many people of a certain age vision problems and set their resolution lower, which has the effect of enlarging items on the screen, and easily causes problems with webpage display.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:13 am

Solution for me is to only fill up half the wide box for new post for example.
Folks that are curius just grab the side and pull wider and narrower and
you can see the paganation fail as HelperGuy describes.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:15 am

Zed, doesn't matter to the majority of people reading your posts; they display properly anyway.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down