INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lagos de Moreno Cuota

2 posters

Go down

Lagos de Moreno Cuota Empty Lagos de Moreno Cuota

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:43 am

Since this topic has been the subject of mucho conversation for a number of years:
[/b]"President Felipe Calderón inaugurated the 78 km stretch running from Lagos de Moreno to The Yellow, municipality of San Luis Potosi"[b]:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2012/392558/6/por-fin-concluyen-la-carretera-del-tlc-abren-tramo-lagos-san-luis.htm&usg=ALkJrhg7FQPqWwv4Bq-HMb6TV9kSu6bKUQ

This stretch of highway is of particular interest for those driving to/from the Texas border.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lagos de Moreno Cuota Empty Re: Lagos de Moreno Cuota

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:50 am

Finally is right. Thanks for posting this, very good news for us who go to the border several times per year.

Any idea what the tolls are?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:05 pm

"Any idea what the tolls are?"

Since this just happened yesterday, the tolls have not made it to "Consulta de Ruta" but I have to ask what difference it makes? It seems to me that when traveling in Mexico, one has two choices - free roads or cuotas. Free choice of which one prefers. Complaining about the cost of driving on the cuotas has no bearing since there is the free road option. Personally, I appreciate the higher quality highways and the cost is well worth it!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:31 pm

It doesn't, just curious. I'll guess around 250 Pesos. Whatever. It is worth it, the existing road has to be one of the worst main roads in the country.

Some of them are high quality, some are not. The San Luis Potosi "Corta" wouldn't win any prizes IMO, two lanes, rough, no shoulders. As you say, though, generally the cost is well worth it and particularly for this one.

In the thread where we are listing things that have improved since we moved here, I included roads to the border. This is a major, major improvement. Already, one can drive from Lakeside to Pharr in a day and this just shaved another half hour and a lot of driver fatigue off the run.

Again, thanks for posting this.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down