INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Drivers in Ajijic

+24
Canuck
Gamina
RoofBob
shana
CheenaGringo
hound dog
slainte39
ferret
Ms.Thang
jrm30655
Trailrunner
Parker
Mainecoons
hockables
binky
gvprod
Carry Bean
Rosa Venus
simpsca
brigitte
viajero
johninajijic
SunsetKid
Big Daddy Mexico
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Crazy Drivers in Ajijic Empty Crazy Drivers in Ajijic

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:14 pm

I was heading west on the Carretera 10 minutes ago and I was passing el Torito, I noticed a vehicle approaching the intersection from where the Tianguis is held. As a bus was parked, picking people up I slowed down a bit to below the speed limit. As we were beside the bus, a stupid older man of non mexican descent in his newer Mercedes SUV who was in front of the other vehicle, decided to look the other way and pull out and start to cross the Carretera right in front of me. Much to our dismay, he was now in our lane and only 10 feet from the front of my newer Expedition. I managed to steer my vehicle around this older retarded man with lots of black rubber left on the road. I also had to get back into my lane as there were cars coming towards me which caused more black rubber and noice from my tires. EVERYBODY that was around stopped to look because of the noice that was made by my truck. It appeared that this vehicle continued up from the Tianguis road towards the mountains.

Thank God the people in my truck were all wearing their seatbelts as they would have been hurt.

It took us till we got by Wal-Mart to settle down and gain our wits.

And, on our return not even 10 minutes later, as we passed Casa de Wafle, where the new Topes are, another grey Mercedes SUV with an older man and women of non Mexican descent decided to pass us. As soon as they were in the other lane a vehicle was pulling out from the side street. They immediately pulled back into the other lane, our lane, almost hitting us if I had not slammed on my brakes. We almost were forced up against the concrete partitions on the side of the road.

We managed to get his license plate number. He continued on his way.

Now, lets get one thing straight, it takes a lot to get me mad.

I am almost mad.

So be warned.

If you drive a Mercedes SUV, brown and a Mercedes SUV grey learn how to drive and be a bit more cautious.

Thanks for reading my post.

It gave me the opportuntity to to vent my frustrations.

If you are out there driving, please be carefull, because if you are the next person that cuts me off, I might just get mad.

And you don't want to see me mad.
Crazy Drivers in Ajijic 633732
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Crazy Drivers in Ajijic Empty Me too

Post by SunsetKid Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Today in front of Superlake a non mexican lady in a little blue VW pulls out with heavy traffic coming in both directions. Fortunately the gentleman (non mexican)who should have hit her reacted quickly (did not even see him swear or flip her off) She even stopped on the spot for at least 30 seconds glaring at the guy. Go figure. She obviously must think she has angels riding with her.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Crazy Drivers in Ajijic Empty Re: Crazy Drivers in Ajijic

Post by johninajijic Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:28 pm

WOW! So sorry for your near MAJOR accident. It's also great that you are an excellent driver with good judgement.

I don't know how you cannot be angry. I probaly would have gone after them and read them the riot act.

There is no excuse for pulling in front of a bus loading passengers, when you cannot see beyond it. These same obstacles apply when pulling out of side streets onto the Carretera, where cars are parked and you cannot see the approaching lane of traffic.

I will add that some previously polite drivers from their individual states and provinces come here and drive like they have to be number one. Both Americans and Canadians.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Glad I live in Guadalajara where all the local drivers are highly skilled and polite.jajaja

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 pm

viajero wrote:Glad I live in Guadalajara where all the local drivers are highly skilled and polite.jajaja

Hahahah, oops, jajajajajaja, that is soooo true. LOL

At least they look at you when they pull out in front of you or cut you off. LOL

Beer

Let's just say, that we drive in Guad 2 to 3 times a week and we have a better chance of getting into an accident in Ajijic than in Guad.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 pm

What has the non Mexican descent got to do with the subject??? Stupid drivers are stupid drivers no matter what their nationality is.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:54 pm

I've been here 14 years and have seen worse than that. A few years back at Farmacia Guadalajara, an older gentleman put the car in forward instead of reverse and at full acceleration hit the check out counter inside the store injuring a clerk. That's why they put the metal stops in the farmacia parking spaces.

In front of El Salvadors restaurant next to El Torito that platform of tables used to be at ground level. A woman driver put the car in forward instead of reverse and plowed into a table of people injuring several of them. So Salvadores built that platform that is more difficult to get their customers.

There are a lot of people here who should give up driving. I only hope I am smart enough to know when I no longer belong behind the wheel of a car. My aunt handed in her drivers license and sold her car at age 65.

Don't blame you for being smoking mad. My brother used to say "if only I had a drop down wooden bumper I'd teach these yahoos something". While I'm not a violent person, pushing the old Mercedes off the road with a car equipped with a wooden bumper sounds like fun.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:56 pm

brigitte wrote:What has the non Mexican descent got to do with the subject??? Stupid drivers are stupid drivers no matter what their nationality is.

I was simply being clear on my description.

As this is mostly a non Mexican Forum, I found it was more important to be clear and in no way disrespect the people that let us stay in their Country.

Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Maybe you haven't noticed there are a lot of older stupid drivers lakeside - way too many - and they are not Mexican!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

simpsca wrote:Maybe you haven't noticed there are a lot of older stupid drivers lakeside - way too many - and they are not Mexican!

Jajaj, I have noticed it, I was just trying to maybe let people know that if there was not somebody coming along who knew how to drive, there might me some seriously injured people.

Thats all.

I have been here for a few years now and have been hit by a bus, a car and a truck. All the other guys fault. I am a very good defensive driver. It just sucks that you know someone else is going to get hurt someday.

And it is avoidable, if people just smartin up.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 pm

simpsca wrote:
There are a lot of people here who should give up driving.

True, that.

On the carretera, I clench up and slow waaaaaaay down anytime I'm anywhere near Superlake. Too much beffudlement in that area.

Same in front of El Torito, but it's a little bit different dynamic there.

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:
simpsca wrote:Maybe you haven't noticed there are a lot of older stupid drivers lakeside - way too many - and they are not Mexican!

Jajaj, I have noticed it, I was just trying to maybe let people know that if there was not somebody coming along who knew how to drive, there might me some seriously injured people.

Thats all.

I have been here for a few years now and have been hit by a bus, a car and a truck. All the other guys fault. I am a very good defensive driver. It just sucks that you know someone else is going to get hurt someday.

And it is avoidable, if people just smartin up.
Big Daddy I understand and respect that you don't want to dis our hosts,but clueless drivers are clueless drivers.
I disrespect Tapatio drivers on a regular basis with my middle finger and some choice words every time they cut me off or pull some other stupid move.
When you were hit by the bus,car and truck were they being driven by Mexicans or gringos?
BTW had scrambled eggs with Suicide Dawgs for breakfast today,yummy,gracias.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Thank God, Panino's has that man directing the parking there or there'd be an accident daily in that spot.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 am

In short, you must be extra cautious on the Carretera where the stores are. All the drivers here can be careless and usually are, especially real old Gringos. And GDL is no better, they cut you off with no signal with 1 1/2 car lengths to get in front of you, so they can be just one car ahead of you going no faster than you are. Happens every time we go to GDL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:02 pm

this is why I never take my burro onto the carretera
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Get out of your car and WALK. If you drive, get rid of the large SUVs for Lakeside travel.

But really: WALK...it's healthy, it's fun, you'll meet people more than you will encased in your SUV. And you'll avoid the dreaded Transitos!

Oh.....pays to live in Ajijic or Chapala....we move our car twice a month for "big" shopping trips. Other than that, it's afoot. Keeps us in shape. When we age (even gracefully) if we remain in Ajijic, we'l dump the car altogether and take a cab those few times a month we need one.

We can walk to 30+ restaurants from Centro Ajijic, El Torito, tiendas, LCS...cars are an unnecessary luxury here.

Break up your 'shopping needs' into daily walks; you're RETIRED now....you have the time (and you need the exercise) to walk every alternate day to this tienda, that meat market, this fruteria, that farmacia, this bakery, etc.

Do the planet and yourself a favor .... WALK!!!!! Do your waistline a favor: WALK. Do your heart a favor...WALK. WALKING is the BEST and CHEAPEST exercise....and don't give me the "cobblestone" excuse...get a decent pair of shoes and WALK!!

PS: I realize BD is in business and needs to drive; just saying, MOST of the rest of us can stay out of his way, and the way of other businesses who need to be on the road.

If you don't live in a place where everything can be purchased by foot....move to Ajijic or Chapala or San Antonio or downtown Joco. It makes life OH so much BETTER!

Last edited by binky on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Crazy Drivers come Lakeside for the Weekends.... most probably Drunk....
Best to grab a few Steaks and Your Own Little Booze Supply and Weather Out The Weekend Behind The Walls...

The Monday thru Friday Drivers are just Bad Drivers!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:05 pm

gvprod wrote:this is why I never take my burro onto the carretera

Too funny! You made my day. ROTFLMAO
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm

binky quote -"Get out of your car and WALK. If you drive, get rid of the large SUVs for Lakeside travel."

SUV'S are great when you're building your house and buying stuff.

I agree with binky on LARGE SUV'S such as Ford Expeditions, Lincoln Navigators, Hummers, Cadillac Escalades, Chevy Suburbans, Nissan Armada, Toyota Sequoia, F 150's, LOBOS, Dodge RAM trucks. My Ford Explorer is not large and I'm handicapped so I need it as well as going over bumps I never bottom out. Other SUV'S that fit Ajijic well are Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Ford Escape etc.

And get rid of those tiny little cars like Smartcars, Honda Fits, etc, not so smart people buy those dangerous things.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Fifty years of riding motorcycles has served me well for driving in Mexico.

Complete and total paranoia is the key to never getting crashed on a bike in all those years.

Remember, Mexican rules of the road:

1. He who is in front, wins.
2. Size matters.
3. Only the paranoid survive.

:grin:

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:27 pm

hockables wrote:Crazy Drivers come Lakeside for the Weekends.... most probably Drunk....
Best to grab a few Steaks and Your Own Little Booze Supply and Weather Out The Weekend Behind The Walls...

The Monday thru Friday Drivers are just Bad Drivers!!
But maybe, big if, Monday thru Friday Drivers are not as drunk?

This is how we enjoy the weekend but you would be amazed at how many will adventure over for a free steak off the barbie. Ha! Ha! Ha! (Read it however you want, it’s a free country.)

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:51 pm

binky wrote:Get out of your car and WALK. If you drive, get rid of the large SUVs for Lakeside travel.

But really: WALK...it's healthy, it's fun, you'll meet people more than you will encased in your SUV. And you'll avoid the dreaded Transitos!

Oh.....pays to live in Ajijic or Chapala....we move our car twice a month for "big" shopping trips. Other than that, it's afoot. Keeps us in shape. When we age (even gracefully) if we remain in Ajijic, we'l dump the car altogether and take a cab those few times a month we need one.

We can walk to 30+ restaurants from Centro Ajijic, El Torito, tiendas, LCS...cars are an unnecessary luxury here.

Break up your 'shopping needs' into daily walks; you're RETIRED now....you have the time (and you need the exercise) to walk every alternate day to this tienda, that meat market, this fruteria, that farmacia, this bakery, etc.

Do the planet and yourself a favor .... WALK!!!!! Do your waistline a favor: WALK. Do your heart a favor...WALK. WALKING is the BEST and CHEAPEST exercise....and don't give me the "cobblestone" excuse...get a decent pair of shoes and WALK!!

PS: I realize BD is in business and needs to drive; just saying, MOST of the rest of us can stay out of his way, and the way of other businesses who need to be on the road.

If you don't live in a place where everything can be purchased by foot....move to Ajijic or Chapala or San Antonio or downtown Joco. It makes life OH so much BETTER!

I don't know if I know you or not, Binky, but I sure do like you!!!
Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I have found 3 things apply in driving here

1. Don't hit anyone

2. Don't let anyone hit you

3. Traffic rules out of sight of a cop are only suggestions.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:25 pm

They are old people leave them alone! Crazy Drivers in Ajijic 87465

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

I just got back from Sayulita and that drive over that last mountain (or the first one driving back) has got to be the most insane stretch of road anywhere. I can not believe the things people do, the chances they take...and these are NOT old gringos. They are idiots driving buses and cars full of families. They will not allow you to keep a safe distance behind the car in frount of you, they will pass you on a curve and nearly take your bumper off trying to squeeze in before they cause a head on collision. Crates of oranges and such that have been flung from the overloaded truck careening down the side of the mountain litter the side of the road. You can't count the crosses on the side of the road.
I haven't ridden as a passenger in the car with my husband in 12 years. I always drive and I drive a big ass Dodge Ram truck. Mexican drivers are nuts.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next