INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dental Cleaning

4 posters

Go down

Dental Cleaning Empty Dental Cleaning

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Prices are all over the board, as are the way teeth are cleaned @ lakeside. I decided to go back to Dr. Haro this time, as past visits to other dentists didn't seem to be thourough as I had recalled. I expected cleaning/exrays to run around 1500 pesos. Shock the hell out of me........500 pesos covered cleaning and xrays.

The most pleasant hour I've ever spent in a Dentists chair....... cheers
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Dental Cleaning Empty Re: Dental Cleaning

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:48 pm

You're lucky... in Canada today my brother informs me his vet told him "$2,000 DOLLARS to clean your pug's teeth..." So what's that, $1,900 for the gas and a hundred bucks for the assistant? Geez, these people oughta be arrested.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Tooooo funny....not. Dr. Haro's office is equipped with the latest and greatest gear..........might even be able to give a deal on the pug.....LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Jim W wrote:Prices are all over the board, as are the way teeth are cleaned @ lakeside. I decided to go back to Dr. Haro this time, as past visits to other dentists didn't seem to be thourough as I had recalled. I expected cleaning/exrays to run around 1500 pesos. Shock the hell out of me........500 pesos covered cleaning and xrays.

The most pleasant hour I've ever spent in a Dentists chair....... cheers

JimW - People should't expect high prices for Dental work here or any other kind of work. This is not the US or Canada where people get paid high wages and Doctor's/Dentist's have to carry malpractice insurance there.

Dr. Haro is no doubt the best in Riberas at 500 pesos and most expensive. Dr Haro's nickname is Dr. Cash. LOL. Dr. Eloy Barragan in Chapala is as good as Dr Haro without the Univ of Maryland papers and I believe he's 400 pesos.

Dr Don Olivera is approx 350 - 400. I just made an appt today for both of us. We like him, but for oral surgery we spend the bucks and go to Dr Haro.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:22 pm

John, Do they have the new XRAY equipment? No xtra charge....if so cool.....BTW......You say Haro is best......but for non essential you go to the other guys to save 100 pesos......less than $7.00.....kind a like going to Subway cause its cheaper than Haciendas Steakhouse....admittedly better, but cheaper.

For the record, xrays done while cleaning are logged and maintained by DR. Haro, so he can compare dental records @ every check up to determine degradation from check up to check up, should there be an issue.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Jim W wrote:John, Do they have the new XRAY equipment? No xtra charge....if so cool.....BTW......You say Haro is best......but for non essential you go to the other guys to save 100 pesos......less than $7.00.....kind a like going to Subway cause its cheaper than Haciendas Steakhouse....admittedly better, but cheaper.

For the record, xrays done while cleaning are logged and maintained by DR. Haro, so he can compare dental records @ every check up to determine degradation from check up to check up, should there be an issue.

JimW - I understand what you're saying. I'm not going to get overly concerned about my teeth when I'm 68 y/o.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

John I am 65 and a spend a bundle on the only tooth I have left.........LMAO....just kiddin....still have all mine......minus muchas wisdom or wisdom teeth. Have a good night.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm

John: "but for oral surgery we spend the bucks and go to Dr Haro."

Too bad you didn't apply the same philosophy when you had the frontal lobotomy after voting for Obama in the last election!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down