INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Pulled Over Yesterday

+5
jrm30655
Carry Bean
Pogo
brigitte
Hensley
9 posters

Go down

Got Pulled Over Yesterday Empty Got Pulled Over Yesterday

Post by Hensley Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Well I went through the yellow light at the Libramiento and the moto transito was in front of me and he turned around to get behind me to pull me over. So I was heading to La Floresta anyway so I pulled down the first street. Juan Jose walks up to my vehicle with his name tag in hand, so I said Mucho Gusto Senior Juan Jose and I asked in Spanish what's happening. He asked me if I spoke Spanish and I said a little and he asked me how long I lived here and I answered him in Spanish 5 1/2 years. So he proceeded to tell me that I ran a red light, and I said in Spanish please excuse me Senior but when I passed into the intersection it was yellow and if I would of stopped I would of stopped maybe in the middle of the intersection. He asked for my drivers license so I gave him my Mexican Drivers license, then asked for my papers, found them and gave them to him. He said in Spanish next time to make sure I stopped at the yellow light and my papers were in order so this would only be a warning and he said warning in English. I said muchos gracias and buen dia and I was off, so from start to finish was about 7 minutes.

By the way I am Mexican Plated and he could not tell if I was a Gringa.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Got Pulled Over Yesterday Empty Re: Got Pulled Over Yesterday

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:58 am

That has to get first prize as a non story!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 am

Just curious, brigitte, was that a sarcastic remark or a pat on the back for Hensley?

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 pm

That was great luck. Yellow lights are tricky as you usually have someone right on your tail, especially at that intersection.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:21 pm

I seriously doubt that he missed that you were a Gringa.

I've been stopped twice, one ticket, one warning. No one can miss that I'm a Gringo.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 pm

jrm30655 wrote:I seriously doubt that he missed that you were a Gringa.

I've been stopped twice, one ticket, one warning. No one can miss that I'm a Gringo.

Perhaps she meant Mexican or US Caucasian, not male or female, hell who knows? Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Sounds like you handled it really well, Hensley, and that you didn't receive any better or worse treatment as a result of Driving While Gringo.

You showed us another good reason for folks to learn a little Spanish: you won't get flustered nearly as easily in stressful situations like this if you can speak their language.

A+++

Merry

p.s. That corner is a real money-maker for the cops... there seems to be a permanent patrol there for yellow light-runners. Just sayin.'

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm

merry wrote:Sounds like you handled it really well, Hensley, and that you didn't receive any better or worse treatment as a result of Driving While Gringo.

You showed us another good reason for folks to learn a little Spanish: you won't get flustered nearly as easily in stressful situations like this if you can speak their language.

A+++

Merry

p.s. That corner is a real money-maker for the cops... there seems to be a permanent patrol there for yellow light-runners. Just sayin.'

I like that Merry!

DWG

DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:59 pm

I got a ticket yesterday--fully deserved. I was late for a meeting and passed on the right a car going 5 miles an hour over the rumble strips by Sunrise. The cop spoke decent English, was polite, did not try to shake me down. I did not have my FM3 with me to verify my import sticker was still good. He said that was bad but he would just write the ticket for the passing on the right and I should always have my FM3 with me. He explained where I should pay the ticket and if I did it right away there was a discount.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down