INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gully washer

+9
CheenaGringo
Carry Bean
Grizzy
Mainecoons
johninajijic
IslandGirl
ferret
binky
E-raq
13 posters

Go down

Gully washer Empty Gully washer

Post by E-raq Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:53 am

From hell on a stick just hit SJC at 2:45. I swear it felt like it was raining in the house. Every towel is rolled up holding back water from under two of the doors. That was one hour I really wish I hadn't been awake, but somebody had to do it. The curtains on the terazza were flapping so bad I thought they were going to launch the house into outer space.

Anybody else around here grabbing towels to prevent ruining their furniture. I could really use a good stiff drink about now. Is that even the right thing to do? You be the judge. Oh yes, the windows are all fogged up so I can't see squat outside. The big guy can kiss his brandy goodbye.

Amazingly we still have power......... and I couldn't give a rats if every light in the house is on, they're staying on until I'm sure this is all over. DAC rate be damned.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gully washer Empty Re: Gully washer

Post by binky Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 am

Windy here in Ajijic, too....can't sleep when the heavy metal lounge chairs on the mirador are sliding to and fro above our bedroom ceiling. So far our rain gauge show 1.15 inch..... sounds as if Round 2 is upon us....more lighting and thunder, heavier rain. Oy vey. Gonna make a cup of coffee and toast a bagel.

binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 am

Counting our blessings. No rain came into the house at all...power stayed on. I didn't get up 'til seven which is a big sleep-in for me. Thank heaven for ear plugs.
The sun is out...minimal damage...the raindrops dripping from the plants and trees are sparkling like diamonds and the hillside is vividly green.
Good to be alive.
Have a wonderful day!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:16 am

Rain came through a closed window, but so far haven't discovered any damage. We did not lose power in Central Ajijic. Hope the lake benefited!

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:40 am

Lots of torrential rain in West Ajijic. Lots of wind before the storm. Rain started at 2:35 AM, don't know exact time it stopped, sometime this AM. The Arroyo must be running today. Great for the Lake! According to Steve's weather site we have had 6.65 inches in August almost enough for the 7.1 inch average in August.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:57 am

No damage here, just need to sweep up and clean the pool. Great rain! Lots of lightning but the thunder was pretty muted here in E. Ajijic.

Max the Maine Coon didn't like it at all. Required much hugging at 3AM in the morning.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Mainecoons wrote:No damage here, just need to sweep up and clean the pool. Great rain! Lots of lightning but the thunder was pretty muted here in E. Ajijic.

Max the Maine Coon didn't like it at all. Required much hugging at 3AM in the morning.

Yeah, well good for Max. I'm not getting any hugging around here despite having saved all the leaves from our dining room table which were under the guest room bed and millimeters away from total destruction. Some kitties get all the luck.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:24 pm

My power went out at about 2:55 AM, got up to check the windows and discovered a waterfall from the skylights over the bathroom vanity. A heavy waterfall. Moved everything to higher ground and tossed some towels over the worst of it. The rain was coming in sideways from the north so another window was leaking despite being closed. Power came back on about an hour ago. I am glad I am moving in a few days. The pantry window is already full of salitre that the landlord won't fix, I am pretty sure the window frame will fall out in the next bad rain.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Mainecoons wrote:No damage here, just need to sweep up and clean the pool. Great rain! Lots of lightning but the thunder was pretty muted here in E. Ajijic.

My orange furrybutt slept on my head and required many hugs all night. Mad purring and eyes wide open all night!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Well this cat requires eggs benedict, forgettabout the hugs. The chef is seeing to that as I type.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:29 pm

I was surprised my dogs didn't freak out more than they did. They stayed relatively calm through all the lightning. Heavy wind but much better than the horrendous hurricanes I've experienced.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Actually, Kathy and I wish to register a complaint about the rains this August! Dating back to 2008, August has been a traditional month for one of our trips. I believe that we can safely say we experienced more rain than our typical experience for this time of year. We couldn't even leave Oaxaca via the cuota due to slides caused by rain closing the entire cuota north of Oaxaca! Early last week, I actually had to break out my one pair of "big boy pants" (jeans) to go out in the evenings after the rains in Patzcuaro. Thursday and Friday, we left Chapala each morning in driving rains when heading for Guadalajara, Tonala and Tlaquepaque. Funny thing was that it was nice on the other side both of those days.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Our 14 year old cat does not like enclosures and prefers to spend her nights sleeping on a chair on the covered (and deep) terrace. During the storm, I stepped outside to check on her and she was not on her favorite chair. She had taken refuge in the back of the nearby dog "cave". One smart feline!
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:28 pm

One would think after these storms our cat was deaf, nothing, but she can be sleeping up-stairs and all you have to do is open a can of tuna and there she is. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Well, at least her nose isn't deaf.............

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:32 pm

rico wrote:Well, at least her nose isn't deaf.............

ROTFLMAO! That was downright funny Rico! Snorted diet coke all over my keyboard.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Come on you guys we all know that smart and in general Cats have selective hearing and with a one word vocabulary can manage to get whatever they want. She hears just fine, bug on floor, ceiling, door she right there to let us know because it bothers her, but to warn you that water is cascading down the second floor to the first and if it doesn’t bother her nap time you’ll get Nada. O.K. why do we like them so much? And people (not cats) say we are the most advance species. Hog Wash!

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

no damage here, power went out until about 2 today , just had to sweep and clean the pool as well. Our rotties slept right through it, and so did my wife! LOL
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 am

I think I'll start a keyboard store.

rico

Back to top Go down