INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oaxaca Hotels & Hotel CasAntica

2 posters

Go down

Oaxaca Hotels & Hotel CasAntica Empty Oaxaca Hotels & Hotel CasAntica

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:33 pm

When do the research for our trip I found that in general, hotels in Oaxaca tend to be fairly high priced. We steer clear of NOB style hotels and lean towards those that are in renovated haciendas or colonial buildings with character in a location that is conducive to walking the area both to explore or go to dinner. We really enjoy a leisurely walk after dinner back to our hotel. We also try to stay under $75 or $80 per night in order to stay in our budgets.

I found Hotel CasAntica through their website (www.hotelcasantica.com/en/) and made contact with a Oaxaca resident who happened to have stayed there when she first moved to the city. It intrigued me that the building was a former XVI Centry convent that had been recently renovated by an architect and his interior decorator wife. While I could have booked through one of the travel sites, I decided to contact the hotel direct. I booked a superior room with king bed for five nights and when I pressed lightly for a rate, they gave us the room for five nights while only charging for four nights. The rate was $1,190MXN per night which included two breakfasts each morning, valet parking and taxes. I did have to pay $175 for the free night to cover the valet parking. As it turned out, the superior rooms with a king bed turned out to be quite small and after one night they accommodated us in moving to a much larger room with two double beds.

This hotel was extremely quiet even though it sits directly on a main street. We were three blocks from the Zocalo and about five blocks from the Church of Santo Domingo de Guzman with plenty of stores and restaurants within easy walking distance. The staff was friendly, pleasant and quite accommodating. It took about 10 minutes for them to retrieve our car from valet parking. All in all a great choice and we would always stay here on return visits!

[img]Oaxaca Hotels & Hotel CasAntica Casant10[/img]

SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/HOTELCasAnticaOAXACAMEXICO?authkey=Gv1sRgCOfK16TKudS0iAE#slideshow/5781876469806128866

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Oaxaca Hotels & Hotel CasAntica Empty Re: Oaxaca Hotels & Hotel CasAntica

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Chris:

I am going to award you a prize for being observant! We have three "animals" that not only travel with us but also share the king size Sleep Number bed when we are at home - Monty & Bengie (the tigers) and RedEEFox (the red fox). They are a hit in Customs inspections and also when they appear during baggage check as we are leaving Mexico. When we are driving our van Bengie is an auxiliary to the GPS. We also have a much larger white tiger named Yuri who stays home to guard the house. Now the secret is out: we are real strange!

Yes, it is the overweight me in the mirror! Thankfully the image size precludes a realistic visual!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:50 pm

WTF? Chris your response was there and then gone? Now it looks like I am talking to myself.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Chris:

I am going to award you a prize for being observant! We have three "animals" that not only travel with us but also share the king size Sleep Number bed when we are at home - Monty & Bengie (the tigers) and RedEEFox (the red fox). They are a hit in Customs inspections and also when they appear during baggage check as we are leaving Mexico. When we are driving our van Bengie is an auxiliary to the GPS. We also have a much larger white tiger named Yuri who stays home to guard the house. Now the secret is out: we are real strange!

Yes, it is the overweight me in the mirror! Thankfully the image size precludes a realistic visual!
Neil you're to quick for me, I deleted so as not to violate your privacy,but now the cats are out of the bag,so to speak.
Tu amigo Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:59 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:WTF? Chris your response was there and then gone? Now it looks like I am talking to myself.
What are you talking about?? Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm

HA! HA!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder