INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired?

+5
ComputerGuy
jrm30655
gringal
espíritu del lago
johninajijic
9 posters

Go down

Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired? Empty Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired?

Post by johninajijic Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

Where can I have a Microwave oven repaired? Have you used the person before?

Please give address, phone number and directions?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired? Empty Re: Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired?

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am

They are cheap why bother? I know it is top of the line. But how old is it? I had a microwave and never used any of the features. I found most presets were to high and burned thing. The convection/ microwave was much harder to clean. When my old one died I bought the medium wattage vs higher wattage because I don't cook with it. Only reheat. Medium wattage was fine for steaming plus it took up less counter space.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired? Empty Re: Where Can I Have a Microwave Oven Repaired?

Post by johninajijic Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 am

espíritu del lago wrote:They are cheap why bother? I know it is top of the line. But how old is it? I had a microwave and never used any of the features. I found most presets were to high and burned thing. The convection/ microwave was much harder to clean. When my old one died I bought the medium wattage vs higher wattage because I don't cook with it. Only reheat. Medium wattage was fine for steaming plus it took up less counter space.

It's about 6 years old and we hardly ever use it. It's GE top of the line and the stainless front matches our other appliances.

Why bother, because I'm giving it away with the house, so I'm not going to spring for a new one for someone elses benefit. If it's too expensive to fix, I'll move the one from the casita up here. That's a fairly new LG and that goes with all the casita furniture for free.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 pm

johninajijic wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:They are cheap why bother? I know it is top of the line. But how old is it? I had a microwave and never used any of the features. I found most presets were to high and burned thing. The convection/ microwave was much harder to clean. When my old one died I bought the medium wattage vs higher wattage because I don't cook with it. Only reheat. Medium wattage was fine for steaming plus it took up less counter space.

It's about 6 years old and we hardly ever use it. It's GE top of the line and the stainless front matches our other appliances.

Why bother, because I'm giving it away with the house, so I'm not going to spring for a new one for someone elses benefit. If it's too expensive to fix, I'll move the one from the casita up here. That's a fairly new LG and that goes with all the casita furniture for free.

THE WORD: There's a small shop between the OXXO and Hole in One, right side of road, going East from Ajijic called Satellite TV, Shaw, etc. where it says on the front that they repair microwaves, among other things. We've had several items repaired there for a reasonable cost (not a microwave). Nice man, speaks English, name is Roberto.
Phone 045-331-1026-6104. Hours from 11-6 (?)

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:32 pm

There is a guy in the same building as Handy Mail. That is one block east of Superlake.

He fixed mine. Gave me an extimate and fixed it for the price quoted. The magnatron had failed, cost $550p.

He's there only part time. Think he's there on Tuesdays. Not sure other days.

The Aussie guy that runs the water system stuff seems to be in charge of it.

Has worked fine since it was fixed

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:28 pm

That guy beside Handy mail left; there is a cafe there now.

Gringal: Are there one too many "6"s in the phone number you posted?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:44 pm

HelperGuy wrote:That guy beside Handy mail left; there is a cafe there now.

Gringal: Are there one too many "6"s in the phone number you posted?

Don't think so. It's the number I called and reached him on this morning, according to my outcall record and the card in my file.
I had a portable stereo in for repair which I picked up today.

BTW, it's easy to miss the small shop, but the last business in the row on the east end is a farmacia which, incidentally, carries cast iron cookware. Hole in One is in the next block to the east.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Then the "4" at the end must be extranneous. (There is one digit too many.) I could call but I'm lazy.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Then the "4" at the end must be extranneous. (There is one digit too many.) I could call but I'm lazy.

Yes, you are. I just called it, and Roberto answered. Nyah, nyah.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Roberto is now located inside the Home Services building along with HandyMail. The "Aussie Guy" is Jurgen, a German.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Wait, the Satellite guy? That explains why I can never seem to find him open...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:51 pm

David wrote:Roberto is now located inside the Home Services building along with HandyMail. The "Aussie Guy" is Jurgen, a German.

As of this afternoon, the Roberto I'm talking about is nowhere near Handy Mail. Yes, he is the Satellite person. Don't know where the man who was in Handy mail went.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Okay, everything getting confusing now. First, there is no "4" required at the end of the number.
Second, there are no repair guys in the Handy Mail strip.
Third, Roberto is the Satellite repair guy near the Oxxo in Riberas across from Chula Vista, right?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 pm

1) When I dialed this afternoon, I included the "4". It worked. He answered. But feel free to try it without it.

2) The HandyMail strip now has a deli; no sign of repair people.

3) Yes. As stated in my first post. A block closer to Ajijic than Hole in One, same side of the street.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:20 pm

You could add a dozen "fours" and it wouldn't make a difference as its the first 7 numbers (or 10 if L.D.) that counts.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm

I guess I could have been more clear about the extraneous use of the final 4.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm

slainte39 wrote:You could add a dozen "fours" and it wouldn't make a difference as its the first 7 numbers (or 10 if L.D.) that counts.

No itty bitty issue here. That's the number I was given and that's what I dialed. Next time, I'll leave off the extra 4. Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 pm

AND YES, the repair shop that was next to Handy Mail is now in the back area of Handy Mail. (At least that's what someone told me)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:52 pm

gringal wrote:
slainte39 wrote:You could add a dozen "fours" and it wouldn't make a difference as its the first 7 numbers (or 10 if L.D.) that counts.

No itty bitty issue here. That's the number I was given and that's what I dialed. Next time, I'll leave off the extra 4. Suspect

Shame, shame on you. Dead Horse

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down