INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cartel Leader Captured

+7
Smartalex
seisdedos
arturo cuatro ojos
viajero
ComputerGuy
johninajijic
MexicoJimbo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cartel Leader Captured Empty Cartel Leader Captured

Post by MexicoJimbo Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:03 am

When PRI was elected a couple of months ago, there was a lot of talk that the 'war on drugs' policies of the former PAN government would be shelved by this new administration. Well, that talk may have been premature. Check this out:

A man believed to be one of the two top leaders of the Gulf cartel has been captured by Mexico's U.S.-backed naval special forces, Tracy Wilkinson of the Los Angeles Times reports.

Mario Cardenas Guillen, alias El Gordo ("The Fat One"), was captured Monday in the northern border state of Tamaulipas.

He was found with a few weapons, cocaine, money and communications equipment.

Guillen is the brother of Antonio Ezequiel Cardenas Guillen, alias Tony Tormenta, who was shot to death in a gunfight with Mexican marines in November 2010 and longtime Gulf cartel boss Osiel Cardenas Guillen, who is serving 25 years in prison after entering a plea agreement in Texas court in early 2010.

A Navy spokesman told the LA Times that El Gordo, who ran drug-smuggling operations from prison from 1995 to 2007, took over Gulf cartel leadership when his brother was killed.

But by then the cartel was split apart by a brutal struggle with their onetime ally the Zetas, which was originally formed as the Gulf cartel's paramilitary wing.

Part of the Gulf cartel began following long-time lieutenant Eduardo Costilla (alias El Coss), who is presumably its top capo today.

While a big success for the marines, some doubt the arrest will have a long term affect on the Mexican drug trade. "This is certainly a big hit to the cartel, but historically new leaders are tapped very quickly," Vicente Sanchez, a security researcher with the Northern Border University in Tijuana, told Reuters.

Wilkinson notes that Mexico's most-wanted kingpin, Sinaloa cartel leader and billionaire Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman, remains at large.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gulf-cartel-leader-captured-drug-war-2012-9#ixzz25bV4QDyt

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cartel Leader Captured Empty Re: Cartel Leader Captured

Post by MexicoJimbo Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 am

This article is also worth noting:

The Two Americans Shot In Mexico Last Week Were CIA Operatives

The two Americans wounded when Mexican federal police fired on their vehicle near Mexico City last week were CIA operatives, Randal Archibald and Eric Schmitt of the New York Times report.

At 8 a.m. on Friday, the Americans and a Mexican Navy captain were riding on a dirt road about 35 miles south of Mexico City in an armored Toyota Land Cruiser with diplomatic plates.

Mexican federal police approached on trucks with mounted guns and opened fire when the black SUV attempted to evade them and return to the main highway connecting Mexico City to Cuernavaca.

Subsequently three other vehicles carrying federal police joined the chase and fired on the black SUV.

The CIA employees were taken to a hospital after being shot—one in the leg and the other in the stomach and hand—while the Mexican Navy captain suffered light bruises.

Twelve of the federal officers involved are currently detained in Mexico City.

The attack occurred in a mountainous area where drug gangs have been fighting for control since U.S.-backed marines killed drug lord Arturo Beltran Leyva there in December 2009.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-two-americans-shot-in-mexico-last-week-were-cia-operatives-2012-8#ixzz25bWOHxL1

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 am

And one more related article:

12 Mexican Cops Have Been Detained For Shooting Up A US Embassy Vehicle

A Mexican judge has ordered the detention of 12 federal police officers accused of opening fire on a U.S. diplomatic vehicle outside of Mexico City last Friday, CNN reports.

The officers will be held for 30 days (Reuters reported 40) while under investigation for five charges: attempted murder, abuse of authority, damage to property, bodily harm and abuse of public duty.

Two unidentified U.S. citizens were taken to a hospital after being shot – one in the leg and the other in the stomach and hand – while a member of the Mexican Navy who was with them suffered light bruises.

According to a statement from the Mexican Navy, the shooting took place at about 8 a.m. on Friday as a armored Toyota Land Cruiser with diplomatic plates traveled down a dirt road on their way to a military facility south of the Mexican Capital.

Federal police approached and brandished their weapons before opening fire when the embassy vehicle attempted to evade them and return to the main highway connecting Mexico City to Cuernavaca.

Subsequently three other vehicles carrying federal police arrived and also shot at the black SUV.

The lawyer for the detained officers said they were investigating a kidnapping when they came across the embassy vehicle, which ignored their requests to stop.

Randall Archibald of the New York Times reports that the officers are "being kept in seclusion at a government office in Mexico City, while their lawyers and relatives outside complained of having limited access to them."

The attack occurred in a mountainous area where drug gangs have been fighting for control since U.S.-backed marines killed drug lord Arturo Beltran Leyva there in December 2009.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/12-mexican-police-officers-detained-after-shooting-up-a-us-embassy-vehicle-2012-8#ixzz25bXLnF6R

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:16 am

What is all this crap about? Lets get our CIA and other gov't officials out of here. Let Mexicans fend for themselves.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 am

Just a note that the PRI isn't in power yet...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 am

johninajijic wrote: Let Mexicans fend for themselves.
You do have a way with words.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by arturo cuatro ojos Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:08 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote: Let Mexicans fend for themselves.
You do have a way with words.

johnny boy sweet cheeks is so dumb he stole a free sample.
arturo cuatro ojos
arturo cuatro ojos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 am

[quote="viajero"][quote="johninajijic"] Let Mexicans fend for themselves.[/quote]
You do have a way with words.[/quote]

WOW S.F. in Mexico? Boy I thought that's only in A cheap novel. Who would have thought, boy it good to be right. razberry

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 am

Me&BearDog wrote:

WOW S.F. in Mexico? Boy I thought that's only in A cheap novel. Who would have thought, boy it good to be right. razberry

CIA are Special Forces since when?

You're going to have a hard time getting that novel published if you don't get your facts straight.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 am

[quote="seisdedos"][quote="Me&BearDog"]

WOW S.F. in Mexico? Boy I thought that's only in A cheap novel. Who would have thought, boy it good to be right. razberry [/quote]

CIA are Special Forces since when?

You're going to have a hard time getting that novel published if you don't get your facts straight.[/quote]

Read, be educated! Rolling Eyes

http://www.businessinsider.com/gulf-cartel-leader-captured-drug-war-2012-9

Mexican Police 'Mistakenly' Shot Up This Armored SUV Carrying Two US Officials
A man believed to be one of the two top leaders of the Gulf cartel has been captured by Mexico's [b] U.S.-backed naval special forces [/b] , Tracy Wilkinson of the Los Angeles Times reports.
Mario Cardenas Guillen, alias El Gordo ("The Fat One"), was captured Monday in the northern border state of Tamaulipas.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gulf-cartel-leader-captured-drug-war-2012-9#ixzz26GqBb3UX

MEXICO CITY — Mexico's [b] U.S.-backed naval special forces [/b] have captured a man believed to be one of the two top leaders of the Gulf cartel, a drug-trafficking organization that once dominated the northeast border region but has recently engaged in devastating battles with the vicious Zeta paramilitary force, authorities said Tuesday.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-mexico-gulf-cartel-20120905,0,3311314.story

Is the U.S. sending Seal Team Six to capture top drug cartel kingpin? American military 'plotting military operation similar to bin Laden mission'
Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman is one of Mexico's most wanted drug cartel kingpins
He escaped from prison in daring breakout in 2001
Mexican President Felipe Calderon reportedly reached out to U.S. for help in taking out Guzman in military raid
U.S. agencies have allegedly grown frustrated with Mexico's inability to catch Guzman
Bin Laden killed in Seal Team Six raid in Abbotabad, Pakistan, on May 2, 2011
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 04:29 GMT, 15 August 2012 | UPDATED: 04:29 GMT, 15 August 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188558/Is-U-S-sending-Seal-Team-Six-capture-drug-cartel-kingpin-American-military-plotting-military-operation-similar-bin-Laden-mission.html#ixzz26Gueqjoo

"Boy it's good to be right and not a D.A.!"

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:10 am

Me&BearDog wrote:

How the hell would you know, Rambo?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am

[quote="seisdedos"][quote="Me&BearDog"]

"Boy it's good to be right and not a D.A.!"[/quote]

How the hell would you know, Rambo?[/quote]
Read the links!
Is that all you have to say?
All you can do is insult?

"Small things amuse small minds!"

Is GREAT to be right!
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 am

I stand vindicated!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:25 am

seisdedos wrote:
Me&BearDog wrote:

Remember seis, he can spot a SF guy a mile away just from how they walk and the way they hold their hands,he trained with them. Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:27 am

viajero wrote:
seisdedos wrote:
Me&BearDog wrote:

Remember seis he can spot a SF guy a mile away just from how they walk and their hand movements,he trained with them. Rolling Eyes

Yeah...the SF guy from the YMCA.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am

Me&BearDog wrote:I stand vindicated!
Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:12 am

My two favorite Groupies!
How you boys been? Good? Thumbs up
LOL
Proved WRONG and go back to doing what they do best! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 am

Did anyone here read wiki leaks on the subject of Mexico? I did... I suggest you you Google it and read it. I would do it for you however I have a doctor appointment., maybe someone has time to do it.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:34 am

[quote="espíritu del lago"]Did anyone here read wiki leaks on the subject of Mexico? I did... I suggest you you Google it and read it. I would do it for you however I have a doctor appointment., maybe someone has time to do it.[/quote]

the stories about S.F. in 19 Latin Countries?

These "boys" don't want to hear that they'll just be proved wrong again!
(Maybe they'er draft dodgers or wanted in America that's why their here and worried.)
Groupies 0 me 3
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Category:Mexico

Wait for it........... Wait for it................ My groupies are bound to resort to their immature antics of slinging insults. This is what they do when they can't think of an intelligent argument or a positive addition to a topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 am

Me&BearDog wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:Did anyone here read wiki leaks on the subject of Mexico? I did... I suggest you you Google it and read it. I would do it for you however I have a doctor appointment., maybe someone has time to do it.

the stories about S.F. in 19 Latin Countries?

These "boys" don't want to hear that they'll just be proved wrong again!
(Maybe they'er draft dodgers or wanted in America that's why their here and worried.)
Groupies 0 me 3
http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Category:Mexico
You're both pathetic and funny at the same time,nobody ever claimed that the US didn't have "secret agents" here in Mexico,they have them everywhere dimwit, it's just that we got a kick out of your corny dime novel prose on the other thread.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Me&BearDog...if you actually read any of the other news reports on this subject you will still read U.S. BACKED special Naval Forces.
That is...the Special Naval Forces are MEXICAN and are backed by the U.S.
So, take it back.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Don't waste your time ferret,this guy is nuttier than a fruitcake and has the reading skills of a 2nd grader,but he is good for a chuckle once in a while.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28 pm

"Wait for it........... Wait for it................ My groupies are bound to resort to their immature antics of slinging insults. This is what they do when they can't think of an intelligent argument or a positive addition to a topic."

[quote="viajero"]Don't waste your time ferret,this guy is nuttier than a fruitcake and has the reading skills of a 2nd grader,but he is good for a chuckle once in a while.[/quote]

And there is it! Rolling Eyes

God it's great to be right! You are so predictable V, water off a ducks back.

{3 of my favorite Groupies now!}

Last edited by Me&BearDog on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm

But no answer to my post Bear Dog?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:41 pm

[quote="ferret"]But no answer to my post Bear Dog?[/quote]

Your question shows your lack of knowledge of the American Forces!
No response necessary that you could understand or would choose to believe anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next