INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love in Action

+36
Smartalex
E-raq
northernguy
Luisa
DaveP
hockables
court0503
ferret
caguama
Rosa Venus
MexicoPete
Carry Bean
Ms.Thang
mouseketeer
slainte39
Parker
CanuckBob
Mainecoons
Axixic
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
viajero
Flamingo
brigitte
RoofBob
espíritu del lago
DonPito
solajijic
gringal
ComputerGuy
Traveller
Intercasa
Chapala Payaso
seisdedos
Trailrunner
David
40 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Love in Action - Page 8 Empty Re: Love in Action

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Maybe Lori should move her ministry to Bourbon Street in New Orleans?

"On Bourbon Street, party but don't preach at night
From sunset to sunrise, law bans loitering to spread 'social, political or religious message'"

"NEW ORLEANS — Bare breasts, drunken revelry and almost anything else is tolerated along Bourbon Street, but after dark, the city is saying street preachers are forbidden..........................................
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49040104/ns/us_news-life/#__utma=14933801.606767081.1347379492.1347655524.1347667136.18&__utmb=14933801.2.10.1347667136&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1347667136.18.3.utmcsr=firstread.nbcnews.com|utmccn=%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/_news/2012/09/14/13863666-gop-rep-calls-planned-parenthood-racist-baby-killers&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|cover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Internal%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=83590806&__utma=14933801.606767081.1347379492.1347655524.1347667136.18&__utmb=14933801.2.10.1347667136&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1347667136.18.3.utmcsr=firstread.nbcnews.com|utmccn=%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/_news/2012/09/14/13863666-gop-rep-calls-planned-parenthood-racist-baby-killers&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|cover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Internal%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=83590806

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 pm

viajero wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:
viajero wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote: Believe me, they're getting their countries indoctrination at school, including the witchcraft that goes along with it. They learn how to make the wreath of garlic by 1st or 2nd grade.
You're kidding right?

No, I'm not kidding. Witchcraft is part of Mexican history.
Oh my god!!
You are truly clueless!!
My son is in 1st grade,my nieces and nephews are in secundaria in Guadalajara public schools and none of them have ever been exposed to witch craft or taught to make garlic wreaths.
You and the rest of your born again cult are truly out there.....I'm afraid there's no hope for you.

I sat at my friends table while she made the wreath of garlic with construction paper, glue and cotton balls for her daughter, 1st or 2nd grade at the time. I sawer it wit me own eyeballs. She told me they teach brujeria to the kids because it's part of Mexican culture, she hates it and there was no way she was going to make her daughter make that. She also told me the kids would fail if they didn't complete their homework assignment. This happened in Guadalajara in the popular area. You are the one that's clueless. Go and ask their mother.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Quick question Chapalagringa: What do you tell the Mexican children about the Virgin of Guadalupe? Is she a lady, a witch or a saint?
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
viajero wrote:
Sounds like a very vengeful, jealous and insecure god to me.
I like the scripture where he says"thou shalt have no other gods before me" that sounds more reasonable,you know like,you can have other gods beside me or behind me,just not in front of me,Exodus20:1-17.

insecure? nah, Creator of the Universe, but the jealous and vengeful...yeah,

This is from the Catholic Bible online
Deuteronomy 5:8-10
7 ' "You will have no gods other than me.
8 ' "You must not make yourselves any image or any likeness of anything in heaven above or on earth beneath or in the waters under the earth;
9 you must not bow down to these gods or serve them. For I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God and I punish the parents' fault in the children, the grandchildren and the great-grandchildren, among those who hate me;
10 but I show faithful love to thousands, to those who love me and keep my commandments.

Now you're quoting from the Catholic Bible,make up your mind for christ's sake.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 pm

A little Mexican history from Wikipedia:

Following the Mexican Revolution of 1910, the new Mexican Constitution of 1917 contained further anti-clerical provisions. Article 3 called for secular education in the schools and prohibited the Church from engaging in primary education; Article 5 outlawed monastic orders; Article 24 forbade public worship outside the confines of churches; and Article 27 placed restrictions on the right of religious organizations to hold property. Most offensively to Catholics[citation needed], Article 130 deprived clergy members of basic political rights. Many of these laws were resisted, leading to the Cristero Rebellion of 1927–1929. The suppression of the Church included the closing of many churches and the killing of priests. The persecution was most severe in Tabasco under the atheist"[26] governor Tomás Garrido Canabal.

The war had a profound effect on the Church. Between 1926 and 1934 at least 40 priests were killed.[27] Between 1926 and 1934, over 3,000 priests were exiled or assassinated.[28][29]

Where 4,500 priests served the people before the rebellion, in 1934 there were only 334 priests licensed by the government to serve fifteen million people, the rest having been eliminated by emigration, expulsion and assassination.[27][30] It appears that ten states were left without any priests.[30]

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:33 pm

E-raq wrote:Making a wreath of garlic is a mighty useful skill if you ask me. Just sayin'.

So, how 'bout that Virgen of Guadalupe?

So what does this garlic wreath represent? Vampire deterrent?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:35 pm

hahaha...viajero...thanks for the chuckle

RoofBOB, what'd you study in college? huh, huh
I'd prolly tell them exactly what I quoted up there from the Catholic Bible. You got some trick up yur sleeve with Guadalupe?

Genesis 3:14-15
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Catholic Bible's exactly the same
14 Then Yahweh God said to the snake, 'Because you have done this, Accursed be you of all animals wild and tame! On your belly you will go and on dust you will feed as long as you live.
15 I shall put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; it will bruise your head and you will strike its heel.'

Soooo, Mary's offspring is Jesus annnnnd, your point is?
She's an assimilation of culture, you can read all about Guadalupe here:
http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php?id=44004

I've never had anyone ask me about Guadalupe. She's not mentioned in the Bible, and I'm not Catholic.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
E-raq wrote:Making a wreath of garlic is a mighty useful skill if you ask me. Just sayin'.

I think the garlic is to keep the missionaries away. Twisted Evil
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

I would think it's to keep evil spirits away. That's what we see in the movies, lol couldn't resist.

Have you ever seen the road side stands selling the wreaths of garlic? Gotta wonder. I know garlic makes a great natural antibiotic, my family seems to stay away from me when I've eaten it so I'm sure it works great on evil spirits too. lol

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:

Genesis 3:14-15
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

That is some really crazy stuff,chapala gringa.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Religious books such as the bible were written by people (men) and are based on hearsay, gossip and the wish to control the masses. Hard to believe that anyone with an intelligent inquiring mind would believe such nonsense.
However, you are entitled to believe whatever you wish.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 pm

ferret wrote:Religious books such as the bible were written by people (men) and are based on hearsay, gossip and the wish to control the masses. Hard to believe that anyone with an intelligent inquiring mind would believe such nonsense.
However, you are entitled to believe whatever you wish.

Yes, people are entitled. You can't erase the history of Israel that's in the Bible. Israel is still here and they're still celebrating the passover and the crossing of the Red Sea!

With that thinking ferret, every book ever written was written by people based on hearsay, gossip and the wish to control the masses. How could anyone intelligent read a book and it's nonsense? You can learn the history of a religion by reading it's book. Doesn't mean it's all hearsay, gossip and the wish to control the masses.

If the UFO's come and I'm missing, I didn't go with them and you can party at my house. lol
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Once upon a time there was a baker who made wonderful cookies. One day he left these cookies on plates all over the house and he told his two children they could eat any of the cookies they wanted to BUT they were not to eat the cookies on the plate on the stove because those cookies were poison and, if they ate them, they would die.

The baker then left his two children alone and the baker's step-son came by the house. The step-son told the two children: "The cookies on the plate on the stove are NOT poison. They are the BEST cookies and the baker doesn't want you to have them."

So, children being children, they ate the cookies on the plate on the stove and they died.

Who is at fault? The baker - for leaving poisoned cookies around where children could get them? The step-son for saying what he did to these two children?

The Bible says the children are at fault.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Interesting about the garlic wreath, Chapalagringa. Where does the tradition come from and what does it mean? In what way is it related to witchcraft? Garlic is common worldwide now but it's not native to the Americas. Not that it matters; I am just always interested in different traditions and cultures.

Thanks for the link to the Virgin of Guadelupe, by the way. She's such a common figure here but I never took the time to understand her significance before.

Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Chapalagringa...mostly I enjoy good fiction...but I don't, for even one second, believe that it's true.
I believe in FACTS proven historically and scientifically and verifiable...not something that was passed down verbally for generations before it was actually written...in WHAT language? and then, introduce the errors of translation into other languages.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Well, ferret, I guess I'd only have to be able to read a calendar. :)

Traveller, we may have to sit through 1st and 2nd grade to find out, lol
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:A Christian believes everything that's in the Bible.
Would that include the Book of Mormon?
At whose discretion should content be added, deleted or altered?
Is a christian free to pick and choose content? Oops, that wouldn't be everything, would it?
Bible baffled regards
George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 am

The 27 books of the New Testament, as we know it today, were essentially compiled by 367 AD and ratified in 473 AD by the Catholic Church. Some groups (Copts and Ethiopians) added books; the Syrians only kept 22. None of these versions include the Book of Mormon, which came on the scene in the 1820s.

Q - Does the Bible include the Book of Mormon, which came on the scene in the 1820s? A - For Mormons, yes. For everyone else, no.

During the Reformation, the Protestants deleted some sections of the Old and New Testaments, but these are still in the Catholic Bible. There isn't any important teaching in those deleted books that would make a big difference in the Christian belief system (IMHO).

If you want a more detailed account, there's a 5 part series starting here. Yes, 5 parts - it was a long and complicated process about which entire books have been written.
www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1985/who-wrote-the-bible-part-1

The StraightDope team also has some discussion on the Da Vinci Code and other common heresies. The word "heresy", by the way, simply means "any belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious doctrine." (def'n from Oxford Online Dictionary). You can apply your own positive or negative connotations.

Alterations, revisions and new editions are not intended to change the content; they are attempts to translate the original manuscripts more accurately or to make the wording more reader-friendly.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 am

It was the early 60's when the Federal goverment decided to improve the housing, street, sewers,etc. of the reservations across the US. To do this it was decided to train Native Americans to build theses homes,etc. This way they would learn a trade and improve the reservations at the same time. For what every reason along with the aid came missionaries in many flavors. Some I remember were Baptists, Lutherans, Bahai's, Jehovah Witnesses, and some others I have forgotten or didn't know about. Personally I now believe it was a new found discovery of the poverty on Indian Reservations in the USA that brought them to where I called home.
I grew up on this Indian Reservation and I was an alterboy at the local Catholic Indian Mission. It was an era if you were Catholic and set foot in a protestant church you were bound for hell. At the Catholic Mission Church I was the one white alterboy and the other nine alterboys were Native America. The only other church near by was an Alliance Church a 1/4 mile away.
The priest always had two servers for every mass.One Sunday after serving mass I was talking to my fellow server (Native American) about different things and such. He told me he was a Bahai this week. I was shocked and asked him how that could be.
He told me that his family was hungry and had no food. He and his family asked the Great Spirit ( truly non-christian) for help. The Great Spirit helped them by senting missionaries. The missionaries came with food and the Bahai's had the best food this week. Next week might be different.
Maybe Love In Action needs a better cook or cooking lessons?

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 am

Interesting.. :)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:28 am

CanuckBob wrote:

Hell I dunno, they just look good in the kitchen, are a handy method for storing garlic, one of the MOST important culinary additions known to man, after salt. Herbal wreaths are really attractive too. Store your chile peppers, sage, oregano etc.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/williams-sonoma-home/decor-wreaths-trees/?page=viewall&bnrid=3153101&cm_ven=NonBrandSearch&cm_cat=MSN&cm_pla=DecorWreathsTreesFreshWreaths&cm_ite=herbal+wreaths&OVMTC=e&OVKEY=herbal%20wreaths&timestamp=%7Bmsimpts%7D&creative=1980209&adcid=7473437

Oh yeah, and the kid might grow up to be a florist or something else useful.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:32 am

The Bahai are interesting in that they are not considered Christians, and yet there is nothing in the way they live their philosophy that is contrary to the best of Christianity. Or the best of Islam, or the best of any of the world's major religions. Check out their statement of belief here www.bahai.org (scroll over the main points for a more detailed explanation) and tell me, honestly, is there anything in this that is contrary to what you say you believe? Any of you, I mean, Christian, non-Christian, agnostic, athiest?

I actually had the opportunity to visit a Bahai temple a few years back. The temple guardian (don't know the correct term) would not accept donations of any kind from visitors. This in a country where bribery at all levels is rampant - Mexico can't even begin to compete! My husband, not understanding, insisted. The man flatly refused. That spoke volumes to me about the inner integrity of that Bahai man, and by extension, Bahais in general. Thanks, Postman, for reminding me of that experience.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:49 pm

caguama wrote:

You doubt I read this board? you doubt I am Mexican ? A Catholic? I doubt you are christian.

Usted lo que necesita es cerrar la boca y abrir el mente.

Aprendiendo a respetar es la unica manera de transender.

Muchas gracias a todos los que me han dado la bienvenida a el web board !

It takes me forever to write this, I am not a typer. Jaja!

Actually I do kind of doubt that you're Mexican,just from the way you write Spanish:"abrir el mente"?..no me suena...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caguama Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Bueno, LA mente. i type very bad and even make mistakes . excuse me very much.

caguama

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:30 pm

caguama wrote:Bueno, LA mente. i type very bad and even make mistakes . excuse me very much.
Aun no me suena,ni su español,ni su"mal" ingles,but I do agree with your posts.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caguama Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:55 pm

now my english is bad ? I am a troll, not a christian ,not a mexican and have bad spanish and bad english. and I make only 4 post. If I want to be criticised more I will ask my wife. She is american but polit and dont criticise me so much in a whole month. good bye rude people.

caguama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next