INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Daddy's fresh products this week.

+13
seisdedos
camillenparadise
johninajijic
viajero
hound dog
CheenaGringo
Jim W
coffeeguy
E-raq
Flamingo
gringal
hockables
Big Daddy Mexico
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big Daddy's fresh products this week. Empty Big Daddy's fresh products this week.

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:33 am

Come on out and try some of our new fresh products this week at the Monday Market in The Hole in One and with Lil Mama at the Wednesday Tianguis.

We will have;

Italian Meatballs
Greek Meatballs
Swedish Meatballs
Curry Meatballs
Smoked Turkey Legs - we should have enough so we don't run out like last time.
Pastrami
Montreal Smoked Meat
Plus a couple different Heat N Serve meals.

We will also have the rest of our products available.

Make sure you mention you are from this Board and you will receive a discount.

Look forward to seeing everybody on Monday. Thanks for your continued support.

Big Daddy flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's fresh products this week. Empty Re: Big Daddy's fresh products this week.

Post by hockables Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:27 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:Come on out and try some of our new fresh products this week at the Monday Market in The Hole in One and with Lil Mama at the Wednesday Tianguis.

We will have;

Italian Meatballs
Greek Meatballs
Swedish Meatballs
Curry Meatballs
Smoked Turkey Legs - we should have enough so we don't run out like last time.
Pastrami
Montreal Smoked Meat
Plus a couple different Heat N Serve meals.

We will also have the rest of our products available.

Make sure you mention you are from this Board and you will receive a discount.

Look forward to seeing everybody on Monday. Thanks for your continued support.

Big Daddy flag waver

Italian Meatballs have Oregano, maybe Fennel in em... Greek probably Basil, Lemon...

What's in a Swedish Meatball?

How come a Curry Meatball isn't called an Indian Meatball?

Just asking...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's fresh products this week. Empty Re: Big Daddy's fresh products this week.

Post by gringal Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 am

Is that pastrami sliced or chunk?

BTW, I tried the curry meatballs and they're good. Also tried the spaghetti and meatballs prepared dinner. Yum.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 pm

I have been waiting for the Swedish meatballs. with a nod to my Swedish grandfather. Thanks Big Daddy!
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Sold, sold and sold. Monday, hopefully we'll be there. What time do you usually sell out Big Daddy?

We have looked for stuff at both Tony's and Superlake but haven't been able to find this selection anywhere. Perhaps a word to whoever does the inventory control in both places, is in order.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 pm

We sampled your products at the Wednesday tianguis and were very impressed! What a great addition to the local food scene.

We, too, haven't seen Big Daddy's items at Tony's or Superlake but will pester them about it. Hope you have much success.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks so much for your positive feedback.

Hockables, if I told you what was in them, I would have to kill you. LOL just kiddin. When you get down here, we will sample them over beer and you can try and guess. Regarding the curry meatballs, there actually is not any curry in them as such. All the spices are made from scratch. So in the end it makes curry. Regarding not calling them Indian Meatballs, I am Canadian and we always try to be politically correct. Ha. Just kiddin there too.

Gringal, we sell the corned beef, pastrami, and Montreal smoked meat in the chunks, they are around 1 lb each. The authentic way of serving this type of meat is to cut it with a knife as opposed to slicing it. The commercial way of selling this product is to slice it. I feel it loses so much in the quality when it is sliced way before you are going to eat it. I leave it in the chunk so that when you are ready to eat it, you can heat it or best yet, steam it for awhile, then cut it with a knife and enjoy the flavours. However, if you want it sliced, we can certainly do it for you.

Flamingo, thanks. I have been to Sweden and loved it there.

E-raq, We should have enough product if you get there before 11 am.

Regarding our products. Both Tony's and Superlake along with El Torito have our Fresh and Frozen Sausages.

However, our new products are currently only available in the Monday and Wednesday Markets. We are waiting for the labels so we can put them into the stores. This should happen in the next week or so.

We will be setting up all our products including the new smoked fish, smoked meats and Heat N Serve meals in a new location very soon.

We look forward to making it convenient to purchase our products in the future. You will also be able to order our new products online with Lakeside Express in the next week or so. They currently have all our sausages available right now.

Thanks,

Bid Daddy
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Debbie made Pizza last night with BIG DADDY'S Italian (sliced Brat), red onion, bell pepper, chopped Jalapena, sliced tomato, red sauce, Muchas Queso.....and a thin crust. EAT UR HEART OUT......lMAO Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Just like the Mormons don't admit to drinking, most Indians would never admit to eating meat but curry might contain most anything.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Just like the Mormons don't admit to drinking, most Indians would never admit to eating meat but curry might contain most anything.

Neil, ?????? Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Big Daddy: I was thinking that the pastrami would be perfect on homemade pizza, and thin sliced would work better, that's all.....but I have a sharp knife.
If you would slice up a very thin 1/3-kilo, I'll pick it up on Monday. No problem if you're too busy, tho.
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Jim:

Living in India for 6 years taught me many things: sacred cows can be killed to eat once they reach the age of 13, water buffalo is a legal substitute for beef but it doesn't taste like chicken, curry should often be called curried mystery meat and many other things that are not politely referenced in mixed company.

A quote I will never forget from a conversation with an East African Jewish Indian: "How could you have lived for six years amongst the worst crooks in this world?"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:09 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

Living in India for 6 years taught me many things: sacred cows can be killed to eat once they reach the age of 13, water buffalo is a legal substitute for beef but it doesn't taste like chicken, curry should often be called curried mystery meat and many other things that are not politely referenced in mixed company.

A quote I will never forget from a conversation with an East African Jewish Indian: "How could you have lived for six years amongst the worst crooks in this world?"

Bringing this one on home: Ever stop to think why Mexican food is often so spicy that your tongue can't tell what the hell is in that taco?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:19 pm

gringal wrote:

Bringing this one on home: Ever stop to think why Mexican food is often so spicy that your tongue can't tell what the hell is in that taco?

Gringal, I know what's in my Taco's......normally, pulled pork or chicken, homemade salsa with muchas jalapena or serano, plus sour cream on my flour tortilla.....just my preference.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Jim W wrote:
gringal wrote:

Gringal, I know what's in my Taco's......normally, pulled pork or chicken, homemade salsa with muchas jalapena or serano, plus sour cream on my flour tortilla.....just my preference.

I'll eat most anything... cept Cilantro.... Thumbs down yuk
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Hocks, I'm with you on that one!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 pm

"Ever stop to think why Mexican food is often so spicy that your tongue can't tell what the hell is in that taco?"

Gringal:

I read an article many years ago about spices that explained the author's theory as to why foods tended to get hotter the closer one got to the equator. His theory was that the hotter spices were used to reduce spoilage and keep the food safer in the hotter climates.

As far as I know, there is only one country in the world where the food gets hotter as one goes further away from the equator. Any guesses?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:11 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Just like the Mormons don't admit to drinking, most Indians would never admit to eating meat but curry might contain most anything.[/quote]

A bit of an oversimplification, Neil, old bean. While I know you lived in India for a number of years as a youth, Dawg also spent a bit of time traveling about the subcontinent in the 1960s which certainly does not make me an expert but as memory serves me, vegetarians predominate only in certain geographical regions and, overall, current estimates I have come across on the internet indicate that, today, only approximately 20% to, perhaps, 42% of the total population of India is vegetarian in one variation or another. India is also home to the largest muslim population of any country in the world with 12.7% of muslims residing there followed by Pakistan with 11% of the world´s muslim population. To the best of my knowledge, muslims are not notable vegetarians overall.

Once again, it has been many years since I traveled about India for about six months using second class train transportation from Bombay to to Gujurat State, Kashmir, the Nepal border, Delhi, Darjeeling, Calcutta, Madras, Bangalore and back to Bombay with additional stops for varying lengths of time in numerous intermediate points all over the country but I distinctly remember the wide variance in cooking styles and ingredients in various geographical areas. I loved Indian cooking in all regions but my favorite was food prepared in the style known then as Madras cuisine. As memory serves me, Madras (Chennai) cooking is vegetarian and as exceedingly piquant (hot and sophisticated) as any cuisine I have had the pleasure of trying anywhere in the world. I thrived on it at the time.

By the way, that second (as opposed to first or third) class train fare covering a huge territory on an open ticket, cost me the equivalent of $13USD in 1969. A hell of a deal.

One more point. To the best of my knowledge, the word "curry" is of western coinage and refers to any number of sauces, or what we Alabama boys might call "gravies" used to enhance certain dishes prepared in various eastern political jurisdictions. "Curries" as used by westerners to describe sauces they find exotic, might be spicy and flavorful or bland or sweet or what have you. I cannot recall ever seeing the word "curry" used anywhere I traveled in India but, then, again, that was a long time ago.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:27 pm

gringal wrote:Big Daddy: I was thinking that the pastrami would be perfect on homemade pizza, and thin sliced would work better, that's all.....but I have a sharp knife.
If you would slice up a very thin 1/3-kilo, I'll pick it up on Monday. No problem if you're too busy, tho.
Very Happy

I will see what I can do. We do not have our slicer yet but I can borrow one tomorrow.

We made some Pastrami burgers and they were great.

On pizza would be good also.

We are selling our Italian sausage meat in bulk to a few places in town for their pizzas.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Finally found some Baby Cucumbers today. Now I will be able to start making my Spicy Baby Dills. Should be ready in 6 to 8 weeks. Just before Christmas. Can't wait. I am missing a good Dill pickle.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Dawg:

Out of courtesy to Big Daddy, who has been totally courteous on this forum - I will take my response regarding curry to a separate new topic.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 pm

The curry meatballs are actually "Kofta Meatballs". However to simplify things, I called them Curry Meatballs.

Next week we will have our new Butter Chicken Balls. They are very small. LOL
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:32 pm

hockables wrote:

Hockables you're not alone,see the NYTimes article"Cilantro Haters,it's not Your Fault",me,,I always put cilantro on my tacos.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 pm

viajero wrote:
hockables wrote:

Hockables you're not alone,see the NYTimes article"Cilantro Haters,it's not Your Fault",me,,I always put cilantro on my tacos.

Too funny. I'd do the same thing.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 pm

As near as we have figured out - one cannot make a decent guacamole without cilantro, a decent Arrachera without cilantro, a decent Chimichurri steak without cilantro and any number of other recipes. Chiles en Nogada require the green of cilantro to achieve the Red/White/Green effect.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next