INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit?

4 posters

Go down

Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit? Empty Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit?

Post by Ezzie Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:49 pm

On the off chance someone here may have done this before - I have a unique situation I am wondering if can be done and how.

I have an open temporary import permit on a truck and trailer combo I have been using to bring stuff to Lakeside. Making another trip to Lakeside next week and my son (who is coming with me to help with the driving) wants to bring his ATV along to do some riding while in the area. The truck, trailer and ATV will be leaving Mexico again after our 2 week stay. I have an FM3, he will be on a tourist visa.

If we stop at Banjercito on the way into Mexico, can they just add his ATV to my already open temporary permit on the truck and trailer?

If they can, do we have to pay any more $$$ to add the ATV?

-or-

Should we just sail on through and not even get into it? The ATV is registered in Ontario and the owner & his ownership with be with us. Getting back out of Mexico shouldn't be an issue because the Mexican's would not care if a vehicle is leaving Mexico.

Any ideas?

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit? Empty Re: Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit?

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Just for the purpose of clarity - are we to assume that you left Mexico without cancelling your Vehicle Permit?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit? Empty Re: Unusual Twist on Vehicle Import Permit?

Post by Ezzie Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Si. I knew I was going to be coming back and forth with the same package.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:26 pm

>>> Should we just sail on through and not even get into it?

That's what I would try. At worse if you get the red light they will tell you what you need. I've heard trailered ATV's don't need a permit but tomorrow will tell
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 pm

There is a way to list trailered motos and ATVs, I think you will have to list or add them so that there is proof they legally entered the country
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:45 pm

OK, went through this exercise last week at Aduana/Banjercito in Laredo Bridge#2.

1) You cannot add an ATV to an existing open vehicle permit
2) You cannot get a vehicle permit for JUST an ATV since they are not recognized by Mexico as a full road going vehicle.

What we had to do is open a new permit for the truck,trailer and ATV package we were bringing in. I did not have the ATV with me that was on the first permit so I could not cancel it. In order to do this, it had to be in a different name than the name of the still open previous permit. What we had to do was transfer the title of the truck and trailer to another family member (my son who was with me and who owned the ATV we were bringing in). This was relatively easy, they just watched as we signed the transfer on the back of the ownership. And that was OK with Banjercito and Aduana officers. Incidentally, these two groups do not talk to each other, they made us go back and forth from one window to the other relaying instructions on how to do it.

Upon exiting the country with two permits, we were able to cancel them both. The original permit in my name with the truck, trailer and first ATV and the 2nd permit in my son's name with the truck and trailer in his ATV on it.

Are you confused yet?

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down