INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues

5 posters

Go down

Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues Empty Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Lake Agua Milpa is a man made lake, I think the largest in Mexico, with completion of the dam in 1993. It is over 70 miles long and covers over 70,000 acres. There are 5 lodges, to date:

Chapmans..was the first, he introduced large mouth bass to Mexico, and has 4 lodges country wide. The following costs, lodge, facilities follow:

Chapmans.....$2595.00 per person double occupency.......4 nights 3 days fishing...caters to NOB groups....Great place, stayed there 4 times....All inclusive included round trip transport from GDL..........................................................................................1 888 479 2277

Coras Lodge......Pricing is all over the board...wife and I stayed there for one night , 2 days fishing, all inclusive $500.00 usd. He does have rental tackle...the only one that offers this.....01 311 212 19 07

Israel....probably best guide on lake, 600 pesos for half day of fishing..1200 full day. Room has 4 beds, 200 pesos per person, refrigerator, no cooking facility, must bring coleman, and food. 045 323 282 71 73

Humberto, 500 pesos per night, 2 beds each room, bathroom per room, 700 pesos per half day of fishing/1400 for full day. Bring your food and his wife will cook...very well.045 311 263 0255, 311 248 3961, 311 264 3446, 311 220 0391.

Consuelo....1200 pesos for full day of fishing....rooms similar to Humberto 550 pesos, no cooking other than barbeque. 045 311 248 5922, 311 876 7273.

There are 2 restaurants, price range 30 to 80 pesos.

Finally, you need a Mexican fishing license, cost for annual license is approx. 550 pesos....don't get caught without it....they will confiscate your gear....been fishing this lake for 5 years. Average cost for our trips per person, 3 nights,food n beverage, 3 days fishing, travel, and tolls on quota road, less than 3000 pesos per person. I have fished there 20 plus times over the past 5 years...never a bad trip.

If you are interested in setting up a trip, please pm or em.

JIM w Very Happy

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues Empty Re: Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Jim W wrote:Lake Agua Milpa is a man made lake, I think the largest in Mexico, with completion of the dam in 1993. It is over 70 miles long and covers over 70,000 acres. There are 5 lodges, to date:

Chapmans..was the first, he introduced large mouth bass to Mexico, and has 4 lodges country wide. The following costs, lodge, facilities follow:

Chapmans.....$1595.00 per person double occupency.......4 nights 3 days fishing...caters to NOB groups....Great place, stayed there 4 times....All inclusive included round trip transport from GDL..........................................................................................1 888 479 2277

Coras Lodge......Pricing is all over the board...wife and I stayed there for one night , 2 days fishing, all inclusive $500.00 usd. He does have rental tackle...the only one that offers this.....01 311 212 19 07

Israel....probably best guide on lake, 600 pesos for half day of fishing..1200 full day. Room has 4 beds, 200 pesos per person, refrigerator, no cooking facility, must bring coleman, and food. 045 323 282 71 73

Humberto, 500 pesos per night, 2 beds each room, bathroom per room, 700 pesos per half day of fishing/1400 for full day. Bring your food and his wife will cook...very well.045 311 263 0255, 311 248 3961, 311 264 3446, 311 220 0391.

Consuelo....1200 pesos for full day of fishing....rooms similar to Humberto 550 pesos, no cooking other than barbeque. 045 311 248 5922, 311 876 7273.

There are 2 restaurants, price range 30 to 80 pesos.

Finally, you need a Mexican fishing license, cost for annual license is approx. 550 pesos....don't get caught without it....they will confiscate your gear....been fishing this lake for 5 years. Average cost for our trips per person, 3 nights,food n beverage, 3 days fishing, travel, and tolls on quota road, less than 3000 pesos per person. I have fished there 20 plus times over the past 5 years...never a bad trip.

If you are interested in setting up a trip, please pm or em.

JIM w Very Happy

We just returned from the lake caught the usual, 75-100 fish per day...2 per boat....nothing over 6 pounds......A couple things I forgot to mention, Best days to fish are Saturday and Sunday, not that other days are bad, The commercial fishermen....Tilapia, must remove their nets from sundown Friday , til sunset Sunday...dealing with the nets can be a pain.

Also, Guides are typically tipped 100-200 pesos per person, per day. When we stay @ Humberto's we tip his wife 50 pesos per day per person, for meal prep. We also tip the driver, that hauls our gear, and us to the boat launch...and picks us up after fishing....50 pesos per day. Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues Empty Re: Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Sounds totally awesome. Can't wait to do a trip there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Tip = gratuity = gra·tu·i·ty (gr -t -t , -ty -). n. pl. gra·tu·i·ties. A favor or gift, usually in the form of money, given in return for service. ...

Set prices are " payment " or " wages " not tips...

sorry.... continue :)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey Jim, do you have any pics of the accomodations, etc. from your recent trip? If so, you can send them to me and I'll post them.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues Empty Hocks is toooo funny

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Bob, I will dig thru archives, and send to you. Humberto's is very clean, with sat TV....even...on the mirador, etc.
Honestly I've never taken a picture of a room and bathroom!

Also don't know how much bass fishing..Large mouth you have done, I will post tomorrow, suggested tackle, as cost here is 200-300 % higher, if you can find it! Buy it NOB, try it here, and sell if you don't like bass fishing, in Mexico....you should break even.

Talk soon,

Jim Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah great idea. We have a ton of tackle shops up here in Vancouver. In fact if you need me to bring you anything just let me know.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Bob, we fish with 12 to 15 lb line, We use 6'6" rods, medium heavy to heavy.
Crankbait.....21-441-825-14 or 21-441`-825-12......These are diving depths for crank bate.

You need bullett sinkers.....21-441`-825-14
21-441-825-12

All are available on web.

Hooks,2!_424-536 5/0 offeset hooks...will send more info...jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Bob, lost connect, You can buy most at bass pro shop. I bought my rods on cabela. I will forward my plastic connection tomorrow...ebay guy...good quality, and fair price.

jw
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Bob, thanks for responding.....I will post suggested gear tomorrow. This will be a kick ass fun trip...the numbers posted above are from Bass pro shop. You can order on line. Bullet sinkers are lead..3/8 and/ or 1/4 ounce. Crank bait are Rapala dives to 14 or 16 feet. Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Online: www.wholesalesports.com they've got everthing!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm

The commercial fisherman do not remove their nets on Saturdays & Sundays. Maybe they are supposed to remove, but from my experience they are stillin the water & the "locals" will "ha ha" on the idea that they ate removed

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Sundown, you are correct....they sometimes don't, however, I was fishing one weekend when Semarnat showed up, with trucks, and hauled many truckloads of nets out!

I believe it is up to the lodges to complain to Semarnat , and they take action......no bigger PITA than screwing with the nets while fighting the PM wind!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:14 pm

My wife & I just returned from past weekend at AguaMilpa. Fishing was great, but nets were no different than during the week
We launch at Aguapan when water is low(and not possible at AguaMilpa), but now launching is easy at AguaMilpa.
I have never been checked for my license, but you now have me thinking.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

How high is the water there now? Got any pics?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 pm

sundown wrote:My wife & I just returned from past weekend at AguaMilpa.  Fishing was great, but nets were no different than during the week
We launch at Aguapan when water is low(and not possible at AguaMilpa), but now launching is easy at AguaMilpa.
I have never been checked for my license, but you now have me thinking.

Sundown, I assume you are fishing out of your own boat. The guides know when nets are present, I don't! The floats are always in the water, along with many miles of abandoned, deteriorating nets. Many times our guide Bernardo tells us where to cast to avoid the anchor lines from hidden tree stumps to the floats.....and yes these lines are a PITA, however, not nets Beer  Beer  Beer 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:27 pm

The Lake is full of water ...
I fish a lot of places the guides do not take clients. I like to explore
and "do the finding". The guides can go to the same places repeatedly. I get bored and want to try other places(and nets)
I used to fish many other lakes, and the nets were a problem,

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:16 pm

I've been using the same guide since 2008, Bernardo, we have a lot of fun, and we fish where I want to fish, unless I am going with the flow. Past few trips, went up toward the Colorado, exploring, while using his expertise.....last trip 1 hour to our first fishing spot.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:25 pm

sundown wrote:The Lake is full of water ...
I fish a lot of places the guides do not take clients.  I like to explore
and "do the finding". The guides can go to the same places repeatedly.  I get bored and want to try other places(and nets)
I used to fish many other lakes, and the nets were a problem,
sounds like yer a real experienced fisherman-cudos! i don't like guides either,if i can avoid them. although lakes are harder to read than rivers and streams. half the fun is finding them. 20% of us real fisherman catch 80% of the fish -SNORK! and being sober helps-jar!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Pedro, When is the last time you fished in Mexico?   Fishing Lake Agua Milpa...Facts, Figures, and legal issues 477249 Aren't you the same guy that wanted to troll for bass?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down