INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

+22
Carry Bean
Big Daddy Mexico
Zedinmexico
Axixic
Ms.Thang
hound dog
slainte39
Rosa Venus
Viajero-Tiempo
ferret
CheenaGringo
gringal
Smartalex
viajero
E-raq
ComputerGuy
seisdedos
johninajijic
Ms Mac
Uncle Jack
SunsetKid
brigitte
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 6 Empty Re: Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

Post by joec Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:44 am

A Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside. Buy your favorite hamburg at your favorite meat market, make your own unto whatever size you like (I prefer at least 3/8 of an inch thick) and cook em the way you like with your favorite cheese on a bun.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside - Page 6 Empty Re: Finally - a Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:11 pm

joec wrote:We make our grilled cheese and BLT samdwiches with Bimbo Wheat bread. The Bimbo White reminds me of Wonder bread crap in the States. I'm sure lots of people use Velveeta in the US for grilled cheese and baked macaroni, but at 219 pesos for the big block in SL. forget it. We use Kraft American slices. I like Kraft Manchengo or Gouda.

Awfully sorry, but the real deal just doesn't taste right on Bimbo whole wheat. The real deal also includes this new find, California cheese slices, only available at Costco.

I guess you didn't realize that Bimbo owns Wonderbread, and is now the largest bread company in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Bimbo

@Dawg, those Bimbo signs were awfully popular with the male set for some years. Especially prized were the ones that proclaimed BIMBO aqui. These were proudly hung in their bars up north much to the disgust of their wives.

Last edited by E-raq on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and bad eyes.)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:15 pm

joec wrote:A Great Cheeseburger at Lakeside. Buy your favorite hamburg at your favorite meat market, make your own unto whatever size you like (I prefer at least 3/8 of an inch thick) and cook em the way you like with your favorite cheese on a bun.

So sorry to burst yet another bubble. Buy the premade arrachera patties, they come in two sizes, slap 'em on the barbeque add the California cheese slices and toppings of your choice.
Face the facts here, when something is so good that it's sinful, you cannot improve upon it. Any attempt will end in abject failure.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm on the White Bread side. As pointed out, some sammiches are just not right on anything else. (This is probably because when I was a kid, "brown" bread was for weirdos...)

Turkey leftover sandwiches are also spectacular on white bread at 1am after everyone else has gone to bed and I'm up watching old Scrooge movies.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 pm

....lots of mayonaise and cranberry sauce and a big glass of milk.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:....lots of mayonaise and cranberry sauce and a big glass of milk.

uj

Or, tons of leftover gravy. Hot turkey, on white, naturally.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:10 pm

E-raq wrote:@Dawg, those Bimbo signs were awfully popular with the male set for some years. Especially prized were the ones that proclaimed BIMBO aqui. These were proudly hung in their bars up north much to the disgust of their wives.
On one of her visits here, my daughter couldn't wait to get back to Canada with her Chivas Bimbo-sponsored shirt......... it was a huge hit when she wore it to a club.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Yo, E-raq....hot turkey samiches are for breakfast...1 A.M. snacks are cold turkey.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:Yo, E-raq....hot turkey samiches are for breakfast...1 A.M. snacks are cold turkey.

uj

Gotcha, my better half is the turkey fan. I bow to your expertise in these matters.

For me, left over turkey becomes a casserole.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:07 pm

E-raq:

Once your rotisserie arrives, try a turkey. Really easy! Mix real mayo with your choice of spices - sea salt, poultry spice, fresh ground pepper, garlic, etc. Coat interior and exterior with a healthy slather of this concoction. Tie the legs and wings and put on rotisserie rod. Cook in the center of your BBQ with a aluminum drip pan below. On our BBQ, I use the vertical rotisserie burner and two outside burners on the lowest setting. Same temp rules apply for doneness and I tent the bird for about 20 minutes after it comes off the grill.

Super moist meat with a tasty crisp skin!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:20 pm

E-raq wrote:
Uncle Jack wrote:....lots of mayonaise and cranberry sauce and a big glass of milk.

uj

Or, tons of leftover gravy. Hot turkey, on white, naturally.

I would really like to know how anyone can have any left-over Turkey gravy.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:32 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:E-raq:

Once your rotisserie arrives, try a turkey. Really easy! Mix real mayo with your choice of spices - sea salt, poultry spice, fresh ground pepper, garlic, etc. Coat interior and exterior with a healthy slather of this concoction. Tie the legs and wings and put on rotisserie rod. Cook in the center of your BBQ with a aluminum drip pan below. On our BBQ, I use the vertical rotisserie burner and two outside burners on the lowest setting. Same temp rules apply for doneness and I tent the bird for about 20 minutes after it comes off the grill.

Ohhhhh nooo, maybe I shouldn't leap into taking those jackets in. Even I, not a real fan of turkey, other than my super saturated bread and butter stuffing, would definitely go for that in a big way.

Parker you gotta make heaps of gravy specifically for those hot turkey sandwiches.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:48 pm

E-raq wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:E-raq:

Ohhhhh nooo, maybe I shouldn't leap into taking those jackets in. Even I, not a real fan of turkey, other than my super saturated bread and butter stuffing, would definitely go for that in a big way.

Parker you gotta make heaps of gravy specifically for those hot turkey sandwiches.

It’s the how, I need to know, and that super turkey gravy flavor only goes so far.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:00 pm

As far as I am concerned, you can toss the turkey and just guard the dressing and gravy with your life.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Greasy hot drumsticks making tasty gravy from turkeys just in off the farm stuffed with lots of dressing? Sounds like Dawg´s first time in New Orleans ciirca 1963. It´s time the moderators cleaned up this forum before Linda Lovelace and Johnny "The Wad" Holmes show up in drag.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

hound dog wrote:Greasy hot drumsticks making tasty gravy from turkeys just in off the farm stuffed with lots of dressing? Sounds like Dawg´s first time in New Orleans ciirca 1963. It´s time the moderators cleaned up this forum before Linda Lovelace and Johnny "The Wad" Holmes show up in drag.

One could only imagine what Dawg was up to in those halcyon days.

Parker, there's two ways of making the gravy. His way, and my way,

My way, fwiw is keep the pan drippings, and pour off most of the fat. Make a roux with flour, then add water and salt to taste. SLOWLY!!!

My dressing, just for Uncle Jack who is both a scholar and a gentleman.

Dried bread, as in really dry, some a tad toasty from the oven. Crush the whole mess up, so you wind up with maybe a few cups. Add chopped onion, spices to taste, and chopped celery.
Then, you start melting the butter, salted. Keep adding it till the bread crumbs are really buttery. Stuff your chicken, turkey or whole fish. Tie or sew it all up and pop it in the oven.

Easy, and sinful.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 pm

The bread dressing is classic...I do like a bit of sage....and on occasions, a shitload of oysters.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next