INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers

3 posters

Go down

Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers Empty Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 am

Of the 20 computers that Microsoft's researchers purchased in China, all of them ran a bootleg version of Windows and four of them were infected with a serious piece of malware called Nitol.
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/microsoft-finds-malware-preloaded-new-computers-999211

This article came out in Sept. I still haven't heard any updates.
In Operation b70, we discovered that retailers were selling computers loaded with counterfeit versions of Windows software embedded with harmful malware. Malware allows criminals to steal a person’s personal information to access and abuse their online services, including e-mail, social networking accounts and online bank accounts. Examples of this abuse include malware sending fake e-mails and social media posts to a victim’s family, friends and co-workers to scam them out of money, sell them dangerous counterfeit drugs, and infect their computers with malware More indepth article:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2012/09/13/microsoft-disrupts-the-emerging-nitol-botnet-being-spread-through-an-unsecure-supply-chain.aspx

Anybody know anything new other MS got a restraining order against Peng Yong, his company. I know there are a lot of bootleg OS in Mexico. Anybody had problems?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers Empty Re: Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers

Post by jrm30655 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Captain Kirk gazed helplessly at the blue viewer screen as the Enterprise spiraled powerless down toward Epislon 6.

Spock and Scott were frantically digging thru manuals trying to restore power.

Kirk was thinking "I will never accept a starship with a Microsoft operating system again".

Everybody has problems with Microsoft.....

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers Empty Re: Microsoft finds malware preloaded on new computers

Post by sparks Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Most bootlegged versions of Windows and Office here are corporate licences ... like in the case of our college had no user limit. I still have the licence number from XP and everything else we used but 8 years old
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down