INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

+18
Zedinmexico
Parker
Luisa
viajero
David
metiche
merry
Big Daddy Mexico
Grizzy
Smartalex
Mainecoons
E-raq
binky
Traveller
brigitte
MexicoPete
CanuckBob
joec
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here? Empty Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

Post by joec Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:17 am

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people at Lakeside?

Yoly from Yoly's Salon told this to me as well as the owners of Armando's restaurant.

Super Lake was very busy yesterday. Be "very careful" backing up. The cars are flying thru the parking lot without regard for pedestrians and other cars backing up. They don't even look at where they're driving.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here? Empty Re: Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:58 pm

I am out and about around the lake every single day and I haven't noticed that big of a difference. Superlake is always busy year round.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here? Empty Re: Have you noticed that there are a "lot" more people here?

Post by MexicoPete Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 pm

I haven't seen more folks either John. Yes the sunbirds escaping the heat are heading back to Florida, Texas, etc, but the snowbirds are taking their place.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Yes there are more people and business is up for our friends. I ran into quite a few French Canadians so far and they also have been buying.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Lots of our friends from NOB are back here. Definitely more snowbirds on the street and in the restaurants. When we go out for dinner we're a flock again and not just a couple. On the other hand, my hubby had a few drinks with some local construction guys and they said their business is very slow. So things aren't picking up for everybody - but the general trend is positive, in keeping with the season!
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Ate at Tango for lunch today (Sat.)...it was very quiet. Guess the new arrivals will only pony up for the 55p weekday specials.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 pm

We stopped off in Ajijic with a friend who owns rental casitas. There were 2 couples waiting outside, he only advertised one casita yesterday. The first couple snatched it up, and the other couple are still looking. They are O.K. for a while, but there's nothing much available in the village. I was there, they walked in took a look and pulled out their checkbook immediately. 2 minute deal.

Yes there are definitely more people here.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:43 pm

E-raq wrote:We stopped off in Ajijic with a friend who owns rental casitas. There were 2 couples waiting outside, he only advertised one casita yesterday. The first couple snatched it up, and the other couple are still looking. They are O.K. for a while, but there's nothing much available in the village. I was there, they walked in took a look and pulled out their checkbook immediately. 2 minute deal.

Yes there are definitely more people here.

Tell them about my casita. I'll give you a finders fee.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:03 pm

The construction business is not related to the snowbirds but to people remodeling and buying houses so that is another story and it is very slow right now, I know painters and masons that have been out of work for many weeks and only work here and there. That business is bad no question about it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm

brigitte wrote:The construction business is not related to the snowbirds but to people remodeling and buying houses so that is another story and it is very slow right now, I know painters and masons that have been out of work for many weeks and only work here and there. That business is bad no question about it.

I heard a different story from my Mexican friend who is doing some remodelling of bathrooms. He said most construction guys are working.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Well I know quite a few who are not working. Chino if that is the source of your information has been working on our street and he has good reputation so he may have a different view. He mostly uses his sons and very few other people as a rule.
The guys who do not speak English have more problems getting the jobs.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:11 pm

I can't even get our Mexican crew to come to the house. They are busy busy busy. Remodeling mainly. All family, no outsiders. I have BTW left three messages via the grapevine.
The boss speaks English.

The other crew may be available soonish, but not now. All the workers speak spanish only, but the boss speaks both.

John, the couple want in town preferably near LCS. Not out in the burbs.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm

brigitte wrote:Well I know quite a few who are not working. Chino if that is the source of your information has been working on our street and he has good reputation so he may have a different view. He mostly uses his sons and very few other people as a rule.
The guys who do not speak English have more problems getting the jobs.

Chino was not my source, but my Mexican PT was and he knows just about everyone in Ajijic. Chino is always busy.

Our Mexican contractor for myself, several others and our condo is always busy. His name is Raymundo Blas. Last time I asked him, he had 20 guys working for him.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 am

Seems about normal to me for the beginning of high season, maybe a little on the light side. Seeing more "sold" signs around the area, though, and my realtor buddies say that is the case. Notario noted he's doing more settlements for Tapatios here than in previous years.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:47 am

Although I seldom agree with MC, he's right about this. My own perception is that there are more people in the Lakeside area, but they are Tapatios and not NOBs.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:44 am

I am just finishing up 8 weeks of renovations and the crew I used is amazing. The contractor speaks english and his work is reasonable, he is reliable and has great design ideas. PM me if anyone wants more info.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 pm

As we are in the Monday Market and Wednesday Tianguis, we have noticed and talked with a lot of new people who have returned for the season. Sales have picked up a bit also. I think we will see a big influx after Thanksgiving along with the much dreaded traffic delays.

Viva Mexico!

Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:42 pm

There are a lot of Tapatios as well and a lot f the sales are also coming from Tapatios, I guess it all depends on the type of business but there are more people around, it is noticeable and most businesses are up from last year. We have to remember than last year business came to a screeching halt on the first week of Dec.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Well, this old town is bursting at the seams this weekend. Sunrise was packed with a big gringo crowd this morning and the waterfront, wow!

Looks like the local eateries are a lot busier, this is good. I'm told there is little to rent in the village at the moment.

And of course, another drop dead perfect day of blue skies and sunshine.

I don't like the crowds and traffic any more than the rest of us but I do like the restaurants and businesses that a strong snowbird season make possible.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

It's been a little harder to get appointments for hair, massage, pedis etc. but I'm glad everyone is getting more business, I'll just book a little farther ahead until they go away.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Can't get our contractors for 2 weeks. We're, for the first time, on a waiting list.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by metiche Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:07 am

horrendous traffic out on the carretera this week...and some real lame brain drivers behind the wheels of cars bearing South Dakota and Canadian plates. razberry razberry

metiche

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 am

All normal for this time of year.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 am

metiche wrote:horrendous traffic out on the carretera this week...and some real lame brain drivers behind the wheels of cars bearing South Dakota and Canadian plates. razberry razberry
Like your handle,bienvenido al foro.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am

metiche wrote:horrendous traffic out on the carretera this week...and some real lame brain drivers behind the wheels of cars bearing South Dakota and Canadian plates. razberry razberry

Surely not the Canadians, it must be those South Dakota people, who BTW will probably not be able to renew those plates unless they are residents of the state. Talking about lame brains, they're the ones.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next