INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy

+7
hockables
Jim W
ComputerGuy
Zedinmexico
E-raq
Carry Bean
joec
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy Empty Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy

Post by joec November 27th 2012, 8:14 am

Helper Guy, I see you are posting on TOB about unsalted butter at Costco and where to find it. They always have it.

Go to the aisle away from the door, with cash registers at your back, the main right aisle. Go down to the last freezer case. There are two sides to each case. It is on the back side of the last case about 3/4 of the way down the aisle.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy Empty Re: Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy

Post by Carry Bean November 27th 2012, 10:26 am

He's looking for salted.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy Empty Re: Unsalted Butter at Costco for Helper Guy

Post by E-raq November 27th 2012, 10:32 am

Best salted IMO is Anchor, usually available at Superlake. Alternatively you can buy the whacking big blocks at Costco and add salt. I'd use sal de flor from Colima if you can. This stuff freezes well and lasts forever. Most economical.

recipe.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8161268_make-unsalted-butter-salted.html
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico November 27th 2012, 10:42 am

Con sal means with salt sin sal means without. I can get
both at any of the bigger stores in Ajijic. For sure walmart.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq November 27th 2012, 11:05 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Con sal means with salt sin sal means without. I can get
both at any of the bigger stores in Ajijic. For sure walmart.

Z

Con Sal only sometimes at Walmart Zed. When it's there buy lots. Torito used to have it, but I haven't seen it recently.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 27th 2012, 11:34 am

This is truly hilarious. I remember asking my brother once to bring, from Canada, some flavored Tetley NON-CAFFEINATED tea. He arrived with a bag of containers, saying: "You said caffeinated, right?" Argh.

For those who don't see it:
- I want salted
- I want Kirkland
- I have not seen Kirkland SALTED butter anywhere for years
- I do not like Mexican brands of butter (many people don't; it always smells rancid)
- I buy Anchor when I can't get Kirkland
- Torito rarely carries Anchor, usually Lurpak
- Lurpak is quite a bit more expensive
- People keep saying CostCo has Kirkland salted, but they just don't: they have UNSALTED Kirkland, and salted Mexican brands.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec November 27th 2012, 11:42 am

HelperGuy wrote:This is truly hilarious. I remember asking my brother once to bring, from Canada, some flavored Tetley NON-CAFFEINATED tea. He arrived with a bag of containers, saying: "You said caffeinated, right?" Argh.

- I want salted
- I want Kirkland
- I do not like Mexican brands of butter (many people don't; it always smells rancid)
- People keep saying CostCo has Kirkland salted, but they just don't: they have UNSALTED Kirkland, and salted Mexican brands.

Sorry, I goofed.

We used to buy Lurpak BEFORE we discovered Kirkland unsalted. LURPAK is waaaay overpriced.

You can always sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on your morning toast, besides salt is NO GOOD for you.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 27th 2012, 11:49 am

Ahahahaha........ ! I love salt. I salt everything. I double-salt everything, in fact. Some years back, the Sugeon General of the U.S. (when asked on TV on 20/20) could not site a single scientific study that showed salt is bad for you, unless you are already predisposed to high blood pressure. He said "We just know."

Anyway, noa problem, John, and I appreciate your help.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq November 27th 2012, 11:54 am

HelperGuy wrote:This is truly hilarious. I remember asking my brother once to bring, from Canada, some flavored Tetley NON-CAFFEINATED tea. He arrived with a bag of containers, saying: "You said caffeinated, right?" Argh.

- I want salted
- I want Kirkland

Buy the mega pack of Kirkland unsalted at Costco and follow the easy directions I posted on the prior posting. Sometimes, usually they have Anchor as well.

Lurpak sucks and is waaay too expensive for what it is. It's a cheap imitation of the real Danish butter beloved by all. All Mexican brands I've tried also taste rancid to me.

Good luck.

I hate unsalted butter, won't even use it for baking. My Pate brisee which calls for unsalted gets salted.

I love salt too.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq November 27th 2012, 11:55 am

Salt is not bad for you. Doctors are bad for you.

Eat an apple a day and ignore them.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 27th 2012, 11:58 am

The recipe is pretty easy, but I'm just too lazy.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq November 27th 2012, 3:11 pm

HelperGuy wrote:The recipe is pretty easy, but I'm just too lazy.

Yep, me too. During an emergency I bought the big pack once, then gave it away. Pretty pitiful for foodies huh?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W November 27th 2012, 4:36 pm

joec wrote:Helper Guy, I see you are posting on TOB about unsalted butter at Costco and where to find it. They always have it.

Go to the aisle away from the door, with cash registers at your back, the main right aisle. Go down to the last freezer case. There are two sides to each case. It is on the back side of the last case about 3/4 of the way down the aisle.

John, Apparently Helper Guy believed he had a better chance getting what he was looking for on TOB! Mike's choice! Basta
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables November 27th 2012, 6:56 pm

sometime back, folks was talk'n bout homemeade butter.... I was just itch'n to try...
we brought down a mixmaster especially for the project
we have had butter made from fresh creme bought in Jocotepec three times now.... takes about 25 minutes
next morning.... buttermilk pancakes.... umm umm um
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 27th 2012, 8:19 pm

Jim W wrote:
joec wrote:Helper Guy, I see you are posting on TOB about unsalted butter at Costco and where to find it. They always have it.

John, Apparently Helper Guy believed he had a better chance getting what he was looking for on TOB! Mike's choice! Basta
You guys here don't care about butter and stuff like that.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret November 27th 2012, 8:43 pm

Most of us are foodies Mike. Never hurts to post on both boards.
I can tell you that I lost a lot of weight when I first came to Mexico...until I found the Anchor butter from New Zealand. Que lastima!
Good butter is good butter and I don't give a damn what it costs...I'll cut back on something else.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 27th 2012, 9:33 pm

I'm pretty particular about what I post where, just like you are with your butter. If I want an answer to an innocuous question, I post on TOB. If I want some fun and spice, I post here.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa November 27th 2012, 10:36 pm

Why aren't you salting with Mediterranean sea salt? They sell it at Costco, best of both worlds...have your butter & salt...

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 November 28th 2012, 8:52 am

Michael you are....

"Just the salt of the earth"

Keep searching my friend...like the holy grail?...it's out there. Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq November 28th 2012, 9:06 am

Ferret and I are girls as you know and we care very much about our butter, in fact have squirreled a lot of it away in the freezer. An excellent suggestion from Ferret.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal November 28th 2012, 9:16 am

If you're looking for a fairly simple answer to a simple question, you'll probably get it faster on TOB. Here, you ask a simple question and sometimes it's "bring in the clowns time". Nothing wrong with the latter and sometimes it's great fun to watch the show..........but it you are in search of betta buttah, this took two pages for the journey. Me? I just bite the bullet at buy it at Superlake. It's not a big chunk of the budget and we don't slather it on heavily.

YES to salted. You go to a restaurant and they give you a tiny, nearly frozen, almost inaccessible packet of non-salted lousy Mexican butter. Now you have to play games with the salt shaker. BAH.
razberry

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 28th 2012, 9:55 am

To everyone here who's looking out for me: THANKS, gang.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 November 28th 2012, 2:25 pm

Gringal...
Payaso hasn't been heard from since the US election. scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 November 28th 2012, 2:32 pm

HelperGuy wrote:To everyone here who's looking out for me: THANKS, gang.

Now you are just "buttering" us up....

But if I EVER see that damned butter...I'm going buy it up, even though I don't like butter and give it to "you know who" (which will get to you).
...and then I'm going to get on this board and tell the world what I did. cheers

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy November 28th 2012, 2:50 pm

Life is so good, isn't it?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next