INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the world T.V. shows

+7
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
RoofBob
Charliej
Axixic
Tony_In_Mexico
E-raq
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

End of the world T.V. shows Empty End of the world T.V. shows

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes, they are running pretty much back to back these days. We watched two last night. I Prophecy. Wow, what a trip. We laughed our a$$es off. I had to take another half a xanax and half a shot of brandy just to get to sleep.

There is a red cow, did you know? It will be killed and it's blood spattered on the temple.

Some extremist Christians are buying up red cows and sending them to Israel in order to speed up armageddon.
Odd isn't it that God always seems to need money. George Carlin did a wonderful skit on that very subject.

Do not miss these little gems of history. The laughs alone are well worth sitting through the gobbledegook.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

End of the world T.V. shows Empty Re: End of the world T.V. shows

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm

No Christian who reads the Bible believes in this whole 'world ending next month' thing. At least they shouldn't. Bible is pretty clear that no man can know the day. Matthew 24:36 - "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:No Christian who reads the Bible believes in this whole 'world ending next month' thing. At least they shouldn't. Bible is pretty clear that no man can know the day. Matthew 24:36 - "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Well you know Tony, I wouldn't have thought so either, however the T.V. shows were a real hoot. Head scratchers and more fun than a live Carlin show.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 pm

E-raq wrote:There is a red cow, did you know? It will be killed and it's blood spattered on the temple.

Some extremist Christians are buying up red cows and sending them to Israel in order to speed up armageddon.

They can ship all the cattle they want, won't do any good since the temple isn't there to be splattered upon. Just a little hitch in the plans, I guess.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliej Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Superstition will only take you so far. After that, you have to think for yourself. If you are convinced the world will end on 12/21, and you need to unburden yourselves of your worldly goods, I would be glad to take them of your hands. Of all the worldly goods, I prefer cash, or alcohol.
Charliej
Charliej
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:No Christian who reads the Bible believes in this whole 'world ending next month' thing. At least they shouldn't. Bible is pretty clear that no man can know the day. Matthew 24:36 - "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Take it up with Harold Camping.

(If you can find him.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Yo Axixic, how's it going at the Red Piano? Please do report, maybe some stories or ??? Someone at the swarm yesterday said it was standing room only. Whatcha got?
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 pm

Axixic plays the piano? So do I.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Trust me - you would be begging for the end of the world if I sat down at the piano to play!

Bob is referring to "El Piano Rojo" the show lounge/cabaret bar my partner co-owns.

Things are going very well, Bob. Dynamite appearance by Chi Chi Rones last weekend, this weekend the insanity that is Joanna's Funhouse is set to take over the stage. Seats available for Sunday night but I think tonight and Saturday may be sold out - don't know for sure, I don't handle the reservations.

(I am the lowly sound guy and only got the gig because I'm sleeping with one of the owners.)
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm

We gotta check that out. See you soon Axixic!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for info. Axixic. I visited the web site and sent a request for reservations opening weekend and never got a response. Maybe the e-mail address was invalid? Whatever, we would love some reservations for next week, so how do we make contact? Tx!

Last edited by RoofBob on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too lazy to proof read before posting.)
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Axixic wrote:Trust me - you would be begging for the end of the world if I sat down at the piano to play!

Bob is referring to "El Piano Rojo" the show lounge/cabaret bar my partner co-owns.

Things are going very well, Bob. Dynamite appearance by Chi Chi Rones last weekend, this weekend the insanity that is Joanna's Funhouse is set to take over the stage. Seats available for Sunday night but I think tonight and Saturday may be sold out - don't know for sure, I don't handle the reservations.

(I am the lowly sound guy and only got the gig because I'm sleeping with one of the owners.)

Sounds like a riot!

I studied to be a concert pianist then wimped out before my debut at Massey Hall. Luckily my horse bust my thumb and that put an end to my parents ambitions. Thank God. Most people around here would not like to hear my kinda music.
Trust me.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:11 pm

RoofBob wrote:Thanks for info. Axixic. I visited the web site and sent a request for reservations opening weekend and never got a response. Maybe the e-mail address was invalid? Whatever, we would love some reservations for next week, so how do we make contact? Tx!

Website has been problematic (basically because the guy who set it up is an idiot and, yes, it was me!) but the email is working now so you do that or call tonight after 6:00 - 766-2876.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:12 pm

E-raq,

Mahler? Or stranger still?
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Axixic wrote:E-raq,

No Rachmaninoff and Chopin are my all time favorites. Debussy is also one of my faves. La Fille aux cheveux de lin and Clair de Lune, my top picks.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Well, that's not weird stuff! In fact, Clair de Lune is a particular fave of mine. I thought you were going to say Bartok or something.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Axixic wrote:Well, that's not weird stuff! In fact, Clair de Lune is a particular fave of mine. I thought you were going to say Bartok or something.

If you want strange at least to me try a minimalist like Philip Glass.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm

I bought the Philip Glass soundtrack for Mishima: A Life In Four Chapters and loved it. When the film bombed they recycled the soundtrack for Enemy Mine, which, I believe, also bombed but I don't think it was Glass' fault.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm

E-raq wrote:
Axixic wrote:E-raq,

No Rachmaninoff and Chopin are my all time favorites. Debussy is also one of my faves. La Fille aux cheveux de lin and Clair de Lune, my top picks.

What's not like about that kind of music?...and who are most people around here?
Don't think I want to know them.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 pm

My husband does not like Rachmaninoff, however loves Debussy and Chopin.

The younger set like acid rock or other noise comprised of 3 or 4 chords. Very dull IMO.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 pm

I like Rachmaninoff's Requiem. Not as much as Mozart's but it's pretty good. Where is this piano lounge?

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:49 am

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:Where is this piano lounge?

Despite the name it isn't really a "piano lounge" - it's a show lounge. Shows at 8:00 pm Friday and Sunday and we are experimenting with two shows on Saturday at 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. It is at 14 Morelos - one block up from the pier and one block West of LCS. There's a map on the website.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:55 am

E-raq wrote:My husband does not like Rachmaninoff, however loves Debussy and Chopin.

The younger set like acid rock or other noise comprised of 3 or 4 chords. Very dull IMO.

Actually, quite a bit of progressive rock is heavily influenced by Rachmaninoff. Funnily enough I know one classical concert pianist who throws in his own treatment of Metallica, just to keep 'em guessing.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:02 am

Axixic wrote:I bought the Philip Glass soundtrack for Mishima: A Life In Four Chapters and loved it. When the film bombed they recycled the soundtrack for Enemy Mine, which, I believe, also bombed but I don't think it was Glass' fault.

I like it but Glass is strange. It helps to be in the right mood to listen to it. Much better with video added like some of his stuff done in the 80s.
I didn't like Enemy Mine soudtrack but I liked the movie. Good concept.

Any Opera Fans down here?? (Yea yea I know)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:18 am

Axixic wrote:
E-raq wrote:My husband does not like Rachmaninoff, however loves Debussy and Chopin.

Actually, quite a bit of progressive rock is heavily influenced by Rachmaninoff. Funnily enough I know one classical concert pianist who throws in his own treatment of Metallica, just to keep 'em guessing.

Axixic could you mention some titles? Rachmaninoff as written was frequently used in movies. Especially famous was Shine.

Thanks
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next