INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

+8
Rosa Venus
slainte39
CheenaGringo
viajero
CanuckBob
joec
Texmexco
hueco_negro
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by hueco_negro Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:42 am

Other than the usual suspects like LCS, El Torito, Wal-Mart and Super Lake, what are some other boards folks know about for posting ads. Mainly interested in Ajijic, SAT and Riberas areas.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas del Pilar

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by Texmexco Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

There used to be one just outside of the bookstore at the back of Plaza Bugambilias. Might still be there. Also, you might want to try [url=http://]www.lagunachapala.com/fsbo/[/url] which I hear has been getting good results for some FSBOs. Hope I pasted in that link correctly.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 119
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Texmexco wrote:There used to be one just outside of the bookstore at the back of Plaza Bugambilias. Might still be there. Also, you might want to try [url=http://]www.lagunachapala.com/fsbo/[/url] which I hear has been getting good results for some FSBOs. Hope I pasted in that link correctly.

Good luck with a FSBO because of market conditions. What kind of exposure will you get compared to a RE companies advertising? Will you spend the money? And it IS very expensive. Ad in Ojo del lago, 1,500 pesos. For multiple months it's 1,300 pesos a month. Ad in GDL Reporter, 800 pesos for one Friday.

And don't forget to take 7% off your asking price because you're not with a Realtor. That's what people expect.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1206
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 78
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 pm

I was told homes around $200K and under are moving fairly quickly. In fact the realtor we just bought our house from had sold two others in that price range the previous week.

Anything over $200K is a tough sell when so much good product is now available for under or around $200K. A few of these are the same places I saw for almost $400K a few years ago......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 19811
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 59
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by viajero Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

joec wrote:

Good luck with a FSBO because of market conditions. What kind of exposure will you get compared to a RE companies advertising?
John,how long has your house been on the market?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 pm

When selling our Mexico house about 7 years back, we had a good response advertising on: http://www.virtualfsbo.com/?sell-house.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by hueco_negro Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Texmexco the bookstore seemed to only have stuff posted pertaining to the store, so I only posted it at El Torito there. I know about the Luganachapala site and might use it so thanks, and to Cheena as well for that site.

All of the editorial comments I've seen hundreds of time on here and TOB, don't really need any more of those, I think I know the score about the situation here. But I guess this thread will be hijacked as most seem to be.

hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas del Pilar

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:15 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I was told homes around $200K and under are moving fairly quickly. In fact the realtor we just bought our house from had sold two others in that price range the previous week.

Anything over $200K is a tough sell when so much good product is now available for under or around $200K. A few of these are the same places I saw for almost $400K a few years ago......

Bob, you're correct about houses under 200 K selling and that's only because of price. Good product available for around 200 K!!! Of course you're joking. You cannot compare ANY 200 K house to a 400 K house. As you know it's location, location. location, size of house and lot, age of house, no's of BR and BA, garage or carport, etc, etc.


Last edited by joec on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1206
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 78
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:20 pm

viajero wrote:
joec wrote:

Good luck with a FSBO because of market conditions. What kind of exposure will you get compared to a RE companies advertising?
John,how long has your house been on the market?

It has been on the market for nearly a year. Unfortunately, I had it listed with a part time Realtor who worked for a supposed good Broker, but that didn't turn out well, so we lost 6 months in an active market. Extremely disappointing.

We are now listed with Noe Lopez whom I believe is one of the best realtors at Lakeside. He works for Hernandez Realty, a really honest and professional company.

If you want to follow MLS as much as I do, you will find many houses on the market at Lakeside for 1 -3 years.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1206
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 78
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 pm

A "200k" house that sells for 200k is worth 200k.
A "400k" house that doesn't sell.... is worth ????

There is "checkbook worth" and "eye of the beholder worth".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9348
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm

There's a bulletin board at the donut place across from Farmacia Guadalajara, but it's small.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2092
Join date : 2012-05-24
Location : Mexico
Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by hueco_negro Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks Rosa, my ad is small so that might work if I don't mount it on a 3x5 index card like I've been doing. Maybe I'll break my strict diet and have a dona there.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas del Pilar

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:48 pm

joec wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I was told homes around $200K and under are moving fairly quickly. In fact the realtor we just bought our house from had sold two others in that price range the previous week.

Anything over $200K is a tough sell when so much good product is now available for under or around $200K. A few of these are the same places I saw for almost $400K a few years ago......

Bob, you're correct about houses under 200 K selling and that's only because of price. Good product available for around 200 K!!! Of course you're joking. You cannot compare ANY 200 K house to a 400 K house. As you know it's location, location. location, size of house and lot, age of house, no's of BR and BA, garage or carport, etc, etc.

Joe, no disrespect, but once you pull your head out of your ass and realize what houses are going for here you will be able to make an informed comment. I suggest you pick up all the local real estate magazines and look at the Chapala MLS to see what is going on. I do know about location, location, location and bought a house in the heart of Ajijic Village for a reasonable price.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 19811
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 59
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:05 pm

CB:

Please look at it this way - you have years of job security cleaning up John's old posts on his home for sale and the miscellaneous items he is selling!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I was told homes around $200K and under are moving fairly quickly. In fact the realtor we just bought our house from had sold two others in that price range the previous week.

Anything over $200K is a tough sell when so much good product is now available for under or around $200K. A few of these are the same places I saw for almost $400K a few years ago......

Bob, you're correct about houses under 200 K selling and that's only because of price. Good product available for around 200 K!!! Of course you're joking. You cannot compare ANY 200 K house to a 400 K house. As you know it's location, location. location, size of house and lot, age of house, no's of BR and BA, garage or carport, etc, etc.

Joe, no disrespect, but once you pull your head out of your ass and realize what houses are going for here you will be able to make an informed comment. I suggest you pick up all the local real estate magazines and look at the Chapala MLS to see what is going on. I do know about location, location, location and bought a house in the heart of Ajijic Village for a reasonable price.

Well it sounds like disrespect. It is you who knows little about RE at lakeside. I have been following homes on MLS weekly for well over a year now. I feel that I'm MORE educated on pricing than ANYONE on this forum. Further, if you bother looking at houses between 400 K and 500 K, you will find that we are 25 - 35 K UNDER other houses in not as good a location, not in mint condition, older, lack of garages, pools, views, etc, etc. I also KNOW what homes have been selling for, as the Realtors bring me up to date printouts that have ALL the info on them. Next time I get a printout of houses over 300 K, I will highlite it and give you a copy. You will be surprised.

And how many homes in this neighborhood have sold for between 470 K and 540 K?

We don't have to move and are in no hurry to move so we will stay until we get the price we have determined is what we need, whether it takes 1 year or 2 years.

Start looking at homes in La Cristina, La Floresta, La Canacinta and Arroyo Alto. Look close and tell me that they can even come close to mine. They don't!!! Example: There is a house in Arroyo Alto with 1,800 sq ft LESS than mine and no garage for 35 K MORE. Tell me that makes sense. The condos in El Dorado that are less than half the size of our house are selling in the 400's. Good luck buying there when the Guadalajarans come in with their extended families on weekends running up and down the hallways. What do you do then??? And OMG, then there's the maintenance fee.

There are and have been houses selling in the 400's to upper 400's all year long, just not as many in the 100's to 200's.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1206
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 78
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 am

joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 19811
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 59
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 am

CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.

Three reasons for a expensive house not to sell anywhere.

Bad marketing

Bad pricing

No buyers

I give you marketing but I bet the last two have something to do with buyers silence.
Got this from my wife who was NOB a Lawyer, Real Estate Broker, and Mobile Notary.
People are trying to tell you somthing John.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5604
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 am

CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.

Disagree. Has hit near bottom since the houses I've been watching have not dropped in price for a year now. Maybe I misinterpreted you as far as hitting bottom, are you talking MLS price reductions or MLS prices vs. what they're actually selling for?

Zed - Some houses are overpriced, not all. Reason for slow sales too many on the market and lack of buyers. FYI, I'm not going to give away a 450 K house for 350 K so some cheap SOB can buy it, I'll just stay here. There are buyers or should I call them idiots offering 300 K on 400 K houses and 300 K on 370 K houses. I can name two examples. Those "so called" buyers lost out when their low ball easn't accepted or they weren't seriously interested in buying. Remember what you all forgot, what comes down will go up again.

There are so called buyers (looky loos) and real buyers. The so called buyers just waste the Realtors time.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1206
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 78
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 am

John:

Not attempting to get into an argument but tossing out something for you to consider. When viewing MLS listings, other ads or postings on forums, there are two distinctly different ways of viewing: 1) seller & 2) buyer. IMO, all too often ads (anywhere) are constructed to satisfy the wants, needs and egos of the selling parties and give less consideration to what might be important to a majority of potential buys. It is well known and accepted that sellers have an emotional tie that is hard to overcome.

Based upon the above premise, I would submit that your studies of the MLS as a seller would naturally be different from those of CanuckBob's as a potential buyer. I wonder if it isn't time to examine the wording and contents of your ads to see if they might be refined to draw more interest?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:01 am

Best location, best house in said location, best real estate company, best agent at said real estate company, pricing is right on the mark........
Others properties in the area selling in that price range.....

So, what is the problem?
Time to re-evaluate something.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 9348
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am

joec wrote:
viajero wrote:
joec wrote:

Good luck with a FSBO because of market conditions. What kind of exposure will you get compared to a RE companies advertising?
John,how long has your house been on the market?

It has been on the market for nearly a year. Unfortunately, I had it listed with a part time Realtor who worked for a supposed good Broker, but that didn't turn out well, so we lost 6 months in an active market. Extremely disappointing.

We are now listed with Noe Lopez whom I believe is one of the best realtors at Lakeside. He works for Hernandez Realty, a really honest and professional company.

If you want to follow MLS as much as I do, you will find many houses on the market at Lakeside for 1 -3 years.


Hmmm friends of ours have had their house in the 200 range, and a really nice one at that listed for over 2 years with Hernandez. I'd have booted them out on their ass after 3 months. Realtors are a dime a dozen here.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.

Three reasons for a expensive house not to sell anywhere.

Bad marketing

Bad pricing

No buyers





I give you marketing but I bet the last two have something to do with buyers silence.
Got this from my wife who was NOB a Lawyer, Real Estate Broker, and Mobile Notary.
People are trying to tell you somthing John.

Z




I'll add lousy unprofessional realtors to that list.

Our house sold in a day back 13 years ago. We had a 30% increase offer on it less than a year later and it wasn't even listed. That's marketing and a good agent. Now we told them to shove it after they failed to come up with the full deposit using some cockamamie story about offshore accounts. Nevertheless it was a genuine offer.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am

joec wrote:Disagree. Has hit near bottom since the houses I've been watching have not dropped in price for a year now. Maybe I misinterpreted you as far as hitting bottom, are you talking MLS price reductions or MLS prices vs. what they're actually selling for?

I am talking MLS price reductions. When I study the market I look at everything from top to bottom. Not just a specific range. The higher priced houses always take the biggest hit when the market collapses like it has in the past several years. Perhaps you are only looking at houses in your price range, many of which are also not selling. Sooner or later a few will drop their pants (or their heirs will, as the owner has passed away while waiting for it to sell).

Of course, once the market reaches bottom and slowly goes back up you will eventually get your price. How long that may take is anyone's guess. If your assumption of the market being at the bottom already is correct then I suspect you will sell it within the next 24 months.

Hypothetical Question: If you needed to sell it by the end of December what would you price it at?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 19811
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 59
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by joec Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 am

E-raq wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.

Three reasons for a expensive house not to sell anywhere.

Bad marketing

Bad pricing

No buyers





I give you marketing but I bet the last two have something to do with buyers silence.
Got this from my wife who was NOB a Lawyer, Real Estate Broker, and Mobile Notary.
People are trying to tell you somthing John.

Z


I'll add lousy unprofessional realtors to that list.

Our house sold in a day back 13 years ago. We had a 30% increase offer on it less than a year later and it wasn't even listed. That's marketing and a good agent. Now we told them to shove it after they failed to come up with the full deposit using some cockamamie story about offshore accounts. Nevertheless it was a genuine offer.

13 years ago!!! A totally different scenario. Apples to oranges comparison. If you don't like Hernandez Realty, can you suggest a couple that are better?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1206
Join date : 2012-11-01
Age : 78
Location : West Ajijic
Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:Well it sounds like disrespect.

Well it's not. I just find it frustrating to see something on the markets for "years". It makes no sense to me. Also, I have been following the RE market here very closely for almost 6 years. I don't believe the market has even hit the bottom yet. There could be another 10% on the downside before it levels out.

Three reasons for a expensive house not to sell anywhere.

Bad marketing

Bad pricing

No buyers





I give you marketing but I bet the last two have something to do with buyers silence.
Got this from my wife who was NOB a Lawyer, Real Estate Broker, and Mobile Notary.
People are trying to tell you somthing John.

Z


I'll add lousy unprofessional realtors to that list.

Our house sold in a day back 13 years ago. We had a 30% increase offer on it less than a year later and it wasn't even listed. That's marketing and a good agent. Now we told them to shove it after they failed to come up with the full deposit using some cockamamie story about offshore accounts. Nevertheless it was a genuine offer.

13 years ago!!! A totally different scenario. Apples to oranges comparison. If you don't like Hernandez Realty, can you suggest a couple that are better?


Nope, I'd do it myself as Neil has suggested. Kick the SOB's out asap, or sit around waiting.

Vivian properties is a good one. International.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=vivian+properties
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1998
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House Empty Re: What Bulletin Boards to advertise FSBO for a House

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum