INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

+16
brercottage385
brigitte
gringal
Parker
little italy
ComputerGuy
slainte39
Ms Mac
viajero
Rosa Venus
hound dog
E-raq
Jim W
CheenaGringo
hockables
joec
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by E-raq Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am

slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote: california kraft slices from Costco, paired with arrachera burgers

Well that at MOST, is a modicum of taste E-raq. lol!
Right down there with Dawg's Burger King whoppers cheers

What say you John of restaurant fame?

You do realize that you are running the risk here of being perceived as a food snob Slainte39. Very Happy

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 am

Started a new HOT DOG topic, just for people like us (you know who you are).
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 am

E-raq wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

You do realize that you are running the risk here of being perceived as a food snob Slainte39. Very Happy

I eat what you eat in this case, maybe even worse....but on the sly, secretly, in the dark of the night.
Very hard to maintain food snob credibility in this area. Look at John.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 am

slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

I eat what you eat in this case, maybe even worse....but on the sly, secretly, in the dark of the night.
Very hard to maintain food snob credibility in this area. Look at John.

I do it right out in the open. I'm long past worrying about what other people think. Frankly it's those people who put gold leaf on their strawberries that I worry about. Now you wouldn't be one of THOSE would you?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

John,as an infrequent visitor to Lakeside I've found your restaraunt list helpful for the general info you've provided,keep up the good work. Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:53 pm

viajero wrote:John,as an infrequent visitor to Lakeside I've found your restaraunt list helpful for the general info you've provided,keep up the good work. Very Happy

WOW!!! Thank you for the compliment, doesn't happen too often.

BTW, I'm not a food snob, I just like food that tastes good to me. The best food is prepared at our house.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:17 pm

joec wrote: The best food is prepared at our house.
What are your hours?I've heard that the the meat loaf is very good. Very Happy
PS: I was serious about your list,thanks.

One last point Re: Rickies Japanese Restaurant,our waiter was surly and inattentive,had it not been for the fact that my wife likes their sushi I would have walked out.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm

joec wrote:
viajero wrote:John,as an infrequent visitor to Lakeside I've found your restaraunt list helpful for the general info you've provided,keep up the good work. Very Happy

WOW!!! Thank you for the compliment, doesn't happen too often.

BTW, I'm not a food snob, I just like food that tastes good to me. The best food is prepared at our house.

Then it should be on your list of "go to " places. Very Happy

John, you give us the best of two worlds...as...and with all sincerity.

First, your reviews and list of restaurants, which I appreciate and think are valuable.
Secondly, someone who can give and take in this little board world of verbal viscosity.

In a psychologically, twisted sort of way...I hope your house never sells...you would be irreplacable.

Happy Holidays!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

slainte 39 quote - "Then it should be on your list of "go to " places".

It is for our good friends who live here and get invited.

For my neighbors Birthday with his visiting friends, it will be a Salad first, Baked Stuffed Shrimp with seafood stuffing, baked potato and veggie. Probably cheesecake for dessert.

And for other friends, it has been Spinach or just Ricotta Lasagna, Pork Parmesan and Macaroni, Stuffed Shells, Cannelloni, Italian Meatloaf, Shrimp over Linguine, Baked Rosemary Chicken and Crabcakes with real crabmeat, Baked Macaroni and Pizza any way they like.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm

John, I think you should invite friends from this web site to your house and let them see what a great cook Joe is. I have not had the pleasure of having your "baked stuffed shrimp" and by the way you will have to invite me before you leave, I'll buy the ingredients. :).
I have had your Lasagna, Italian Meatloaf, baked macaroni, pizza and had Joe's cheese cake. oh and those meat balls are very good as well.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm

You guys are making me hungry. Since hubby passed I don't cook much.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:15 pm

me too ms mac. John what are you having tonight?? Very Happy

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:02 pm

little italy wrote:John, I think you should invite friends from this web site to your house and let them see what a great cook Joe is. I have not had the pleasure of having your "baked stuffed shrimp" and by the way you will have to invite me before you leave, I'll buy the ingredients. :).
I have had your Lasagna, Italian Meatloaf, baked macaroni, pizza and had Joe's cheese cake. oh and those meat balls are very good as well.

My only friend here is CBob and Sharon. What friends from this website? You are joking of course. All I get is crap here. Let them eat at the "so called" Italian restaurants here, NONE of which can hold a candle to joec's food.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 pm

joec wrote:
little italy wrote:John, I think you should invite friends from this web site to your house and let them see what a great cook Joe is. I have not had the pleasure of having your "baked stuffed shrimp" and by the way you will have to invite me before you leave, I'll buy the ingredients. :).

My only friend here is CBob and Sharon. What friends from this website? You are joking of course. All I get is crap here. Let them eat at the "so called" Italian restaurants here, NONE of which can hold a candle to joec's food.

Well now I’m disappointed, I’ve stood up for you for many years, I believe I even changed the way people think about your “Lists”.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 am

Parker wrote:
joec wrote:

Well now I’m disappointed, I’ve stood up for you for many years, I believe I even changed the way people think about your “Lists”.

Just a general statement.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:48 am

Well now, Joec; since you've got our Italian food lust going, how about giving us a holiday treat by posting some of those recipes?

Here's a freebie Italian cooking hint from li'l ol me: When you're making spaghetti sauce, toss in a can of baby clams, including the liquid. Really. And put in some honey .

I agree with your estimate of the local Italian restaurants vs. home cooking.

For those who aren't on Joec's invite list: Big Daddy puts out a better lasagna, spaghetti and meat balls and Italian meat balls package than the restaurants. We've tried them all. YUM.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:17 am

Have to admit “Big Daddy’s” Italian Meatballs are really good!!!

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:08 am

To go back to the op , we had dinner at Simply Thai a couple of nights ago. The food was excellent and the service great.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 am

brigitte wrote:To go back to the op , we had dinner at Simply Thai a couple of nights ago. The food was excellent and the service great.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!!!

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brercottage385 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

It is under new management currently - a delightful new owner - the food last night was just as good or better than any other Thai food I have eaten outside Thai land. Well worth a visit - and a delightfully attentive waiter who was fully bilingual

brercottage385

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 am

Do you mean a NEW new managment ...or is it stil Kinna , the aunt of Thip?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am

The new operator probably adapted Thai food to Mexican tastes by adding cilantro, thinking that's what their customers really wanted. Just like McDonalds does with their food, thinking that everyone wants jalapeño on their burgers.

I'm still waiting to see a restaurant review where they serve only Mexican food, and no one speaks English. That's a similar adaptation to one's assumed audience. Didn't everyone come to Mexico to eat Italian food?

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Where did anyone say Kinna was adding cilantro? Am I alone in finding this post confusing?
Suggest you'd enjoy Azul Frida in West Ajijic. Food's Mexican and the English is marginal.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 pm

What I find confusing is Don Pito's monniker,one can only hope he doesn't refer to himself that way amongst the many albureros here in Jalisco,lol.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm

We could drive a few clicks away from lakeside and discover no English at all. This area is highly-populated with folks from north of the border, and the towns here have all adapted.

I prefer to learn the language; some don't. On the other hand, I prefer to eat at Mexican joints where the lunch is 40 pesos; many don't. I took a friend of my Mom's to Panino's today.......... holy crap, what's with the new prices!? This place pretty much caters to gringos who want a taste of home, including the extra cost, I guess.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

I agree on the new prices at Panino's. They must know what they're doing, though, since they've succeeded in surviving.
And, if Aunt Martha from Cincinnati is visiting, you can't go wrong there.

I agree on the 40 pesos lunches, but up that to 50 and you've got a wide array of choices. Even Tabarka has the cheep lunch special, and Azul Frida's prices are way reasonable. Had a very good 50 peso lunch special at Armando's today:pork stuffed burrito. Hot Rod Burrito upstairs in the El Torito center has huge and delicious burritos, but the atmosphere is ....basic.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next