INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need vet recommendation

+4
CanuckBob
E-raq
joec
twelveoaks
8 posters

Go down

need vet recommendation Empty need vet recommendation

Post by twelveoaks Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

My wife and I currently use Dr. Ladron and are considering a change. Can you recommend a vet that is knowlegeable, compassionate, reasonably priced and does not make you wait an hour or longer. Looking in Ajijic, Riberas area.

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

need vet recommendation Empty Re: need vet recommendation

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:45 pm

twelveoaks wrote:My wife and I currently use Dr. Ladron and are considering a change. Can you recommend a vet that is knowlegeable, compassionate, reasonably priced and does not make you wait an hour or longer. Looking in Ajijic, Riberas area.

This is the first vet in this area, even befor Dr. Ladron ever thought of coming here. My Physical Therapist who has lived in Ajijic for 38 years used to help Pepe when he was just a kid. He's been taking his dogs to him for over 25 years. He will call you on off hours and Sundays too and if your dog is really, really ill, he will keep him or her overnight. .
For all of the above requirements, it's:
Dr. Jose “Pepe” Magana
Hidalgo # 96 A
Riberas
Tel: 765 2717

Cell: 045 331 182 2855

333 496 7078

email: pepevetchapala@hotmail.com

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 pm

twelveoaks wrote:My wife and I currently use Dr. Ladron and are considering a change. Can you recommend a vet that is knowlegeable, compassionate, reasonably priced and does not make you wait an hour or longer. Looking in Ajijic, Riberas area.

Yes, use our vet for the last 10 years or so.

Dr. Jesus Medeles. Very compassionate, makes late night house calls for panicked parents, and dogs truly love him. I'm serious, they run into his clinic. Now he's a friend and pops by for a beer so the new dog doesn't even know he's a vet. He's just another visitor.

Emiliano Zapata #27B Ajijic

Not far from the Ajijic Clinic. Turn North at the Ajijic Clinic, turn left at the first street, cross one street and it's in the next block, north side, Medeles family on the gate.

home phone: 766 1009
cel: 333 198 4166- Try 045 or 01 before the number.

He also speaks English, and his prices are not U.S. style like the Ladrons. Very reasonable for great service, I cannot recommend anyone more highly than Jesus.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Jajaja.....you obviously haven't been to a vet in Canada lately if you think Dr. Ladrons prices are even close. He is at least 50% cheaper (and even more for some procedures) than any vet NOB. Or at least from what he has ever charged us......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Even though Drs. Ladron charge the highest in the area, their prices are about 1/4 that of the US. Dr. Pepe Magana is so much less. Part of the reason they charge more is because they donated their time to the Animal Rescue center in Riberas.

I have heard that Dr. Medeles is good too.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't mind paying a bit more to support the shelter. I really like Dr. Ladron. He is a very compassionate and caring vet. He is the best I have ever used. The vets in Canada could learn a few lessons from these vets down here. Likewise with the doctors........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Why is is often about the costs when dealing with a pet? The day that I accept the responsibility and obligation to care for a pet, then I become obligated to provide the best in the way of care without regard to the cost! That doesn't mean that one has to be stupid but it seems to me that you are the one with human type brains capable of figuring out the most qualified care provider.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Why is is often about the costs when dealing with a pet? The day that I accept the responsibility and obligation to care for a pet, then I become obligated to provide the best in the way of care without regard to the cost! That doesn't mean that one has to be stupid but it seems to me that you are the one with human type brains capable of figuring out the most qualified care provider.

Who are you aiming that toward?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 pm

No One! Just stating my position about having pets and providing for their care!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

need vet recommendation Empty need vet recommendation

Post by twelveoaks Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

I appreciate all of the recommendations for a vet. I feel that we have two solid recommendations. Just to clarify: this was never about cost. It is more about the ridiculous wait of one to one and a half hours each time. I knew that this would become passionate and that I would hear the usual remarks about getting what you pay for and that the reason for the wait is because they are so good. Regardless I am looking for an alternative. I may or may not choose to switch. Anyway thanks !

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 pm

About costs, while we can afford to pay for a hip replacement for our new dog, who is only 2 years old, and it may well be necessary, I prefer to deal with a vet who does come to the house in the middle of the night if necessary.
I prefer a vet who our dog loves, not likes, loves. Mind body connection.
I also prefer a vet who does not recommend procedures which may be considered unnecessary from my perspective.
So far we are dealing with hip dysplasia using glucosamine chondroitin and mavicam (pain meds). Our dog is getting stronger, however there is no way he can go for long walks in the hills, nor can he jump into the SUV, he has to be picked up and put in the SUV.

Next step, logical BTW is to use adequan injections, or facsimile in Mexico used for horses as well.

So, do I want someone technically brilliant who has all the latest gadgets, No. However I do want want a real human being who knows his stuff and can refer us to the best Guadalajara can offer.

This is not a criticism of the Ladrons. I personally prefer Antonio, because of his bedside manner, however Hector is a brilliant vet, no question. They're just not my style because there are a lot of things we can do ourselves, and did do for our last dog, under the supervision of Jesus and she lived well past the normal life span for her breed.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 am

The wait at the Ladron clinic is caused by the number of patients in the waiting room. If we all agree that someone else is better then they will have a full waiting room and long waits.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:23 am

One thing I will say for the Drs. Ladron is that their office is spotless & a lot cleaner than a certain people clinic not far from them.

Hope you find a vet you like!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Carry Bean wrote:One thing I will say for the Drs. Ladron is that their office is spotless & a lot cleaner than a certain people clinic not far from them.

Hope you find a vet you like!

That is a good point about the people clinic. That's why we use Ajijic Clinic. Good clinic with two better GP's.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 pm

E-raq wrote:

Yes, use our vet for the last 10 years or so.

Dr. Jesus Medeles. Very compassionate, makes late night house calls for panicked parents, and dogs truly love him. I'm serious, they run into his clinic. Now he's a friend and pops by for a beer so the new dog doesn't even know he's a vet. He's just another visitor.

Emiliano Zapata #27B Ajijic

Not far from the Ajijic Clinic. Turn North at the Ajijic Clinic, turn left at the first street, cross one street and it's in the next block, north side, Medeles family on the gate.

home phone: 766 1009
cel: 333 198 4166- Try 045 or 01 before the number.

He also speaks English, and his prices are not U.S. style like the Ladrons. Very reasonable for great service, I cannot recommend anyone more highly than Jesus.

I agree 100%.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down