INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

+23
MexicoPete
brigitte
Carry Bean
kipissippi
Chapalagringa
viajero
gringal
Jim W
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
hound dog
juanrey
Rosa Venus
slainte39
TexMex
CheenaGringo
joec
bennie#2
simpsca
Lake Chapala Crime
ComputerGuy
E-raq
David
27 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro Empty Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by David Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

In the last 3 weeks there have been several burglaries in the Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro neighborhoods. Some have been posted on LakeChapalaCrime.com but not all. Tonight someone tried to poison my neigbors dogs by throwing rat poison over the wall while they were out. Take care, keep your doors locked, and if your dog raises a ruckus pay attention and know what's going on. It's always like this at this time of year.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

David wrote:In the last 3 weeks there have been several burglaries in the Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro neighborhoods. Some have been posted on LakeChapalaCrime.com but not all. Tonight someone tried to poison my neigbors dogs by throwing rat poison over the wall while they were out. Take care, keep your doors locked, and if your dog raises a ruckus pay attention and know what's going on. It's always like this at this time of year.

Thanks David, while I haven't heard anything in the R.C. yet, it's sure to happen sooner rather than later.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro Empty Re: Burglaries in Las Salvias and Rancho Del Oro

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 am

Made a repair confirmation call with a customer in Villa Nova last week: he said "You can't help me today... I and my neighbour both robbed." Another customer in Ch. Vista the week before: "Any used computers for sale? They sawed through our window bars and stole everything."
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:24 am

If you have enough information that you feel is accurate = date, location eg ajijic, and anything about what happened - please email us info@lakechapalacrime.com - so everyone is better informed about what is happening.........

Helper Guy - this is the first I have heard about problems in Villa Nova - do you happen to have a date that they were robbed? And do you have a date for the Chula Vista breakin

David - I can add the rat poison info - just need to know location eg ajijic

as it looks like a lot is happening - regretfully

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 am

HelperGuy wrote:Made a repair confirmation call with a customer in Villa Nova last week: he said "You can't help me today... I and my neighbour both robbed." Another customer in Ch. Vista the week before: "Any used computers for sale? They sawed through our window bars and stole everything."
The sawing through window bars also happened in LaFloresta last week - http://lakechapalacrime.com/lowerfloresta/lowerloresta12082012.php

And be aware - some of the perps are entering through garage doors. If you use a garage door opener, and have no physical locking mechanism, it may be possible for the perps to push in a door and gain entry. That has happened to me - and it has happened to others. Folks on Chapala.com are using Antonio Leal for locks or preventative metal bars - GARAGE DOOR SERVICE ANTONIO LEAL (Speaks English) - Guarantees Work Tel: 766 4973 Cell ph: 045 333 157 6536

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:47 am

My neighbor a block away lost two dogs a few weeks ago - there was poisoned meat thrown on the roof of his house. One dog did not go up and is OK. Many friends asked the locals why (he is devastated) and we were told he was being set up to be robbed. I think he has since put a gate at the top of the stairs to the roof.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:50 am

i read there were 44 break-ins in chula vista in a 2 month time span. there are 200-250 homes there. i think that was on lakechapalacrime.com

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 am

bennie#2 wrote:i read there were 44 break-ins in chula vista in a 2 month time span. there are 200-250 homes there. i think that was on lakechapalacrime.com

I think it said over a year time span. You gotta ask what are "some" of the people doing wrong. It's not exactly easy access/egress like some other Communities off the Libriamento.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:06 am

it was between a 2-3 month period. my assumption is that it was lower chula vista, which i easy to drive or walk in. since most of these rimes were not reported to the site, we dont know how they got into the houses.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

Out of curiosity - what is going on with CSI? Haven't seen any mention in a very long time.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:38 am

We got the information about the 44 robberies in a 2 to 3 month span from a newspaper article quoting Paul East. http://www.notisistema.com/noticias/?p=549115

That seems like a lot - and I don't think anyone on any of the local webboards reported any... and we didn't receive any reports.......... but Paul probably knows what he is talking about - unless he was misquoted

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Out of curiosity - what is going on with CSI? Haven't seen any mention in a very long time.
they posted a message this morning on a private chat group - basically saying they were back in business -

I just checked their facebook page - nothing

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Lake Chapala Crime wrote:Helper Guy - this is the first I have heard about problems in Villa Nova - do you happen to have a date that they were robbed? And do you have a date for the Chula Vista breakin
. No, but I could send you the phone numbers of the people robbed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 pm

joec wrote:
bennie#2 wrote:i read there were 44 break-ins in chula vista in a 2 month time span. there are 200-250 homes there. i think that was on lakechapalacrime.com
... You gotta ask what are "some" of the people doing wrong. It's not exactly easy access/egress like some other Communities off the Libriamento.
The one thing "wrong" is not actually wrong, especially when bars are being hacked through. As someone else pointed out, any worker in the area, especially on your property, knows quite well the comings-and-goings of the area they're in.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 pm

CSI last posted in june. after that they were useless.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TexMex Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm

The number of robberies reported in Chula Vista is correct. Although they have occurred in both lower and upper, most have occurred in upper. It has only one road in and out, easy enough to see when residents are leaving and when they are returning. Not so easy to monitor residents coming and going when there are multiple entrances.
TexMex
TexMex

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:53 pm

TexMex wrote:The number of robberies reported in Chula Vista is correct. Although they have occurred in both lower and upper, most have occurred in upper. It has only one road in and out, easy enough to see when residents are leaving and when they are returning. Not so easy to monitor residents coming and going when there are multiple entrances.

Who collects the data (or reported to whom) about these robberies? and do they know the addresses, or at least the streets where they are occuring since there are so few police reports or reports to the Lake Chapala Crime website.
Somebody that knows, should be getting that information out there...I know I would if I had it. If there is a problem, which there apparently is, why keep it a secret.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TexMex Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm

I can't speak for others, but we reported our break-in on this webboard, to the Lake Chapala Crime website and to the Chula Vista office, with as many details as we could so that others could be aware. I have been told that the Chula Vista office has reports of all the break-ins in the neighborhood. We had our car broken into several years ago and filed a report with the MP office (you don't file a report with the police). We were going to report the home break-in to the MP but were told we needed two witnesses. Now, how could we have two witnesses to a crime that occurred when nobody was home?
TexMex
TexMex

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm

If you arrive home and discover an unlawful entry (break-in), or wake up in the night to the same situation...call the police first in case the perps are still in the house or neighborhood. If they have fled and the police don't make any arrests, then you go to the MP.
As far as witnesses to break-in...all you need is a neighbor, friend, relative, whatever to say that there was breakin....not actually witness the break-in.
That would be tough to do.

And there you go Lake Chapala Crime...contact the Chula Vista Colonos office and work out a situation where they contact you or you contact them at intervals to get updates on the break-ins. All the residents of Chula Vista I think would appreciate this service.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:03 pm

I also heard about one yesterday up in or very near Las Salvias where the couple and their dogs both got pepper sprayed. Nasty business.

We have, thanks to this thread now put locks on the garage doors, no chance of entry there. Our new dog has taken to guarding the house in a big way. He also does a night patrol of the property. In fact he started barking at us last night because he couldn't see who was coming in the front door in the dark behind closed kitchen doors.

I have neighborhood watch signs in my windows and will give a couple to my neighbors who all look out for each other.

GLTA
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm

TexMex wrote:The number of robberies reported in Chula Vista is correct. Although they have occurred in both lower and upper, most have occurred in upper. It has only one road in and out, easy enough to see when residents are leaving and when they are returning. Not so easy to monitor residents coming and going when there are multiple entrances.

Why don't all you neighbors who have been robbed and those who haven't sign a petition to have your Board of Directors call a meeting to discuss security measures in detail and what can be done. It is the Board Members responsibility to help you, but ultimately, it is YOUR responsibility to secure your own house. Neighborhood watch signs can be good too, posted in obvious places around the Community.

With one road in/out, it's easy to stop this BS. Put up a guard shack, hire a security company even if only for 12 hours at night and the guard takes names, vehicle identification and plate numbers. It's worth spending a few more bucks a month on top of your HOA fee for peace of mind.

We wouldn't put up with one burglary in Los Arroyos Sur before the Board of Directors did something about it.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:31 pm

guards must be armed for full protection.no onewill risk their life if held up in the guard booth. but any protection is better than nothing.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm

bennie#2 wrote: guards must be armed for full protection.no onewill risk their life if held up in the guard booth. but any protection is better than nothing.

B.S. our guards aren't armed, however they are also not from the area. They're from Guadalajara. Frankly I would prefer at least one armed guard.

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:38 pm

John:

A week or so back, there was a report in the GUADALAJARA REPORTER that some sort of meeting was held between two representatives from Chula Vista and some type of policing agency in Guadalajara. Since I don't have a subscription, I couldn't read the whole article and just read the intro:
http://theguadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/32203-lakeside-residents-highlight-justice-issues.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

I was at a party last night in Las Salvias and yes, the people throwing the party had been burglarized recently. One of the hosts pointed to someone else at the party who lives in the same neighborhood, or very nearby, and said that they had been burglarized twice in the last month. So, yes. Heads up and Happy December.

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next