INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana"

Go down

Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana" Empty Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana"

Post by papa chango on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 am

A few years ago I bought a whistling tea kettle at the dollar store on the plaza in Ajijic. I now need to replace it with a new one. I went back to the dollar store and whereas when I bought my old tea kettle, they had a selection of about six different kinds, now they did not have any. So I asked the woman working there about it and she said they would have some there "Mañana". Well, that was about 6 days ago and I went back in yesterday and they still didn't have one. Welcome to Mexico and their famous "Mañana, Mañana" culture.

Last night I went to Walmart to see if they had a whistling tea kettle. No luck. Does anyone know of any place lakeside where on might be able to get a whistling tea kettle? Thanks for any good information.

flag waver
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana" Empty Re: Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana"

Post by slainte39 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 am

Couldn't find one lakeside...had to go to Liverpool in Plaza Galerias.
Once in awhile. Costco has them.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana" Empty Re: Whistling tea kettle? "Mañana, Mañana"

Post by coffeeguy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:26 pm

The Caffarel store in Chapala has them. Not cheap but surely cheaper than Liverpool. Better still (IMHO) buy one of the really nice electric ones Wal Mart has in just for the holidays (2x+ as fast to boil). I think they're Black & Decker.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:40 pm

I've faced the same problems here, same stores. Bought one at the store in Chapala mentioned; whistle was too weak to hear. Took it back, owner groused and complained, gave me a swap... said "That's it, buddy"... same problem. I'm now using an electric.

And finding a kettle is just the first step: I like to fill it from the nozzle or somewhere with no handle in the way; Mexican porcelain kettles often have a spout that's just too narrow, too. And of course it needs to be loud enough.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum