INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

+5
E-raq
Tony_In_Mexico
little italy
Zedinmexico
joec
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Empty What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Post by joec Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:48 am

What are you doing for Christmas Eve?

What are you doing for Christmas Day for Dinner?

We are having 7 guests from our Community for a total of 9 people serving Homemade Creamy Carrot soup, Kirkland Spiral Cut ham, Raisin sauce, Candied Sweet potatoes, Snow Peas and Corn. For Dessert, Carrot Cake, Coffee, Bailey's Irish Cream. Of course Red and White wine first

Last edited by joec on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am; edited 3 times in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Empty Re: What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:56 am

My Mexican neighbors asked me to hang with them on Xmas eve. I guess we eat
at midnight and gifts at 2AM. Must take nap today I guess LOL.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Empty Re: What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Post by little italy Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:19 am

Christmas eve, hanging with my two dudetts, Zoey & Jane. (dog, cat). Xmas eve meal spam sandwich, wine.
Preparing some "go a longs" with my Christmas day meal.

Christmas day hanging out with my dearest friend as it will be her last Christmas in Mexico (returning to the states). Roasted Duck on the menu (my first) sure hope it turns out, if not I have an extra can of spam.

Cheers!

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:42 am

I had plans to have Christmas dinner with a couple of different groups, but couldn't arrange transportation to either, so I guess I'm on my own. I bought some pre-cooked turkey at Walmart yesterday. Guess I'll eat that and watch White Christmas. Not doing anything today.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Recovering. We are both infectious with a nasty cold or flu, and are taking medications plus Brigitte's excellent recipe for hot toddies. YUM!!!!!

Going down very well I might add.

My phone calls are ever so much more interesting as well. Very Happy

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:15 pm

E-raq wrote:Recovering. We are both infectious with a nasty cold or flu, and are taking medications plus Brigitte's excellent recipe for hot toddies. YUM!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. A good remedy is Chicken Noodle soup, hot tea with honey in it.

If you have a sore throat, gargle with warm water and a teaspoon of salt. That's a Doctors remedy.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:18 pm

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:Recovering. We are both infectious with a nasty cold or flu, and are taking medications plus Brigitte's excellent recipe for hot toddies. YUM!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. A good remedy is Chicken Noodle soup, hot tea with honey in it.

If you have a sore throat, gargle with warm water and a teaspoon of salt. That's a Doctors remedy.

Thank you dear, however I do prefer Brigitte's remedy. Honey, lemon juice for vitamin C and lots of aged rum. Works a treat and if it doesn't cure you you won't even care that you're sick. Salt water isn't my style. Perhaps some chicken soup later.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 pm

the salt water takes down the imflammation.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:31 pm

bennie#2 wrote:the salt water takes down the imflammation.

Thank you bennie, I am aware of that actually, and simply prefer to suffer in silence with my hot toddies. I know, it's a tough life but somebody has to do it.

Back to my fainting couch and possibly a third toddy.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:29 am

E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:

Thank you dear, however I do prefer Brigitte's remedy. Honey, lemon juice for vitamin C and lots of aged rum. Works a treat and if it doesn't cure you you won't even care that you're sick. Salt water isn't my style. Perhaps some chicken soup later.

If you have the chicken soup you’ll probably get all the salt water you’ll need.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:03 am

Parker wrote:
E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:

If you have the chicken soup you’ll probably get all the salt water you’ll need.

It's not the same as gargling with salt and warm water.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 am

Alright I give in. That lovely chicken I had planned to stuff and roast is now going in the soup pot, with sea salt.

Sadly the toddies didn't do the job, however did make yesterday a whole lot more tolerable.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:08 am

Sorry to hear the toddies did not do it. I have read somewhere that the chicken soup is the best remedy although not nearly as enjoyable.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:13 am

I wonder how tequila-laced chicken soup would taste, with sea salt?
Hope you're well enough to party by New Years.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 am

brigitte wrote:Sorry to hear the toddies did not do it. I have read somewhere that the chicken soup is the best remedy although not nearly as enjoyable.

Thanks Brigitte, think I'll do both today. The big guy is still too miserable, of course as we all know men are not the very best of patients.

Hope you guys are having a great time in Chiapas and environs. What an incredible experience for your family as well as yourselves. Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 am

gringal wrote:I wonder how tequila-laced chicken soup would taste, with sea salt?
Hope you're well enough to party by New Years.

Well depends on what you mean by party. You guys in the village have it made. Walking or staggering distance is a huge advantage. We in the sticks have one or two possible options. 1. The Annual R.C. New Years bash. 2. Somebody asks you over (not bloody likely due to the bash). The R.C. club house is colder than the north pole and I'm not fond of those plastic chairs.

We don't do the highway at night very often, and never on New Years Eve.

So, our celebrating will be champagne cocktails at home, all nice and cosy by the fire, after a nice catch up dinner. We have a full fridge, and haven't been eating much. The doggy will get lots of food and attention, and we won't have hangovers in the morning. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:06 am

We made plans to have dinner out at 6, at a restaurant on the west side that ISN'T having a special event and drive home the back way. We'll hit the champagne safely behind our walls in front of a fine fire.
The only place within staggering distance of us is having the kind of Special Event I can't stand at prices that are staggering indeed!
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:57 am

gringal wrote:We made plans to have dinner out at 6, at a restaurant on the west side that ISN'T having a special event and drive home the back way. We'll hit the champagne safely behind our walls in front of a fine fire.
The only place within staggering distance of us is having the kind of Special Event I can't stand at prices that are staggering indeed!
Beer

What restaurant is that since Christmas is over?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:02 pm

gringal wrote:We made plans to have dinner out at 6, at a restaurant on the west side that ISN'T having a special event and drive home the back way. We'll hit the champagne safely behind our walls in front of a fine fire.
Beer

Now that sounds like an excellent plan.

When I think back to the years in Toronto where you carefully planned your evening so as to finally arrive at the closest party to your house. In our case, next door. All we had to do was negotiate a very small hill leading up to the front door. The good old days. Now with the anti-drinking laws in Canada, likely the world's worst, all the fun things are just too expensive. Cabs in T.O would be roughly $100 dollars for a fairly short trip.

Mind you those fargin bastages next door usually turned up with a cowbell on New Years Day requesting, no demanding, crepes. Which with a hangover was not my choice of how to spend the morning.

There are benefits to getting older, and possibly a bit wiser. ;-)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:42 pm

joec wrote:
Beer

Which what restaurant, joec? the staggering one? That would be Number Four.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Another great thing about Mexico, Taxies are reasonable.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 pm

gringal wrote:
joec wrote:
Beer

Which what restaurant, joec? the staggering one? That would be Number Four.

Which what restaurant? Re read your own post. I just asked what restaurant are you having/had dinner at. Are you confused?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 pm

No Joec, I'm not confused, but you're being too nosy. If I had wanted to name the restaurant, I would have. I don't announce my plans on a public forum, and you don't need to know them.
I'll be sure to give a mini-review afterwards.
Have a happy New Year.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:59 pm

gringal wrote:No Joec, I'm not confused, but you're being too nosy. If I had wanted to name the restaurant, I would have. I don't announce my plans on a public forum, and you don't need to know them.
I'll be sure to give a mini-review afterwards.
Have a happy New Year.

Your post made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. I was just inquiring, not being nosy like you are on this forum. Go take your meds and calm down. Happy New Year.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Joec: Hasn't anyone ever told you to mind your own business before? Go find someone else to attack since you're obviously in a grouchy mood.
What Are you Doing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? 860299

lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next