INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

+7
rvanparys
SunshineyDay
Jerlyn
Canmex 87
Kiri
ComputerGuy
ferret
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad - Page 2 Empty Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm

I have never heard that before. Do you have a source?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad - Page 2 Empty Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by cypress Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I have never heard that before. Do you have a source?
Yes

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Then give us the source cypress. I have now renewed my Canadian passport with the Embassy in Mexico City FOUR times.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 am

My source was the Canadian Government passport renewal website. It stood out in my mind as I thought that is going to be a darn nuisance when I need to renew again in 2023.
If you read my post I said at that time. If it isn't there now I would say it has probably changed.
That will be a great relief if I can do the renewal from outside Canada again. I will wait until 2023 and see what the rules are then.

Last edited by cypress on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:15 pm

cypress wrote:My source was the Canadian Government passport renewal website. It stood out in my mind as I thought that is going to be a darn nuisance when I need to renew again in 2023.
If you read my post I said at that time. If it isn't there now I would say it has probably changed.
That will be a great relief if I can do the renewal from outside Canada again. I will wait until 2023 and see what the rules are then.

Please post a link to the page where it says that. I've checked the government passport renewal site, and I don't see that anywhere!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 pm

suegarn wrote:
cypress wrote:My source was the Canadian Government passport renewal website. It stood out in my mind as I thought that is going to be a darn nuisance when I need to renew again in 2023.

Please post a link to the page where it says that.  I've checked the government passport renewal site, and I don't see that anywhere!

If you read my posts you will see that is what the website said in 2013 when I renewed. I have no idea what it says now.

Last edited by cypress on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 am

That is incorrect. All Canadians in Mexico are required to renew through the Mexican Embassy, regardless. I've done it twice for five years, and once for the newer ten-year option.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Good to know. Going back to Canada to do it next time would have been a PIA.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2