INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power adaptor

4 posters

Go down

Power adaptor  Empty Power adaptor

Post by martygraw Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 am

Anyone know where I can get a power adaptor for a Toshiba Satellite C650D. Thanks
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Power adaptor  Empty Re: Power adaptor

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 am

I'm quite pleased to have discovered two sets of universal power adaptors at WalMart last week in their (sort of) computer section, each priced at I think $400 pesos or so. Each set has 8 to 10 adaptors, so you will need to bring your laptop with you to compare. The round adaptors with/without pins in the middle are the most common.

Previously, these sets from another mark were over $1,000 and WalMart rarely had them. Now you don't have to pay me extra to get them from my distributor in Guadalajara.

Look for black AC adaptors in plastic covers from Perfect Choice, orange/black labels.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 am

HelperGuy wrote:I'm quite pleased to have discovered two sets of universal power adaptors at WalMart last week in their (sort of) computer section, each priced at I think $400 pesos or so. Each set has 8 to 10 adaptors, so you will need to bring your laptop with you to compare. The round adaptors with/without pins in the middle are the most common.

Previously, these sets from another mark were over $1,000 and WalMart rarely had them. Now you don't have to pay me extra to get them from my distributor in Guadalajara.

Look for black AC adaptors in plastic covers from Perfect Choice, orange/black labels.

Thank you very much.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Four specs make a power adapter

Shape of the plug (they come in many sizes but most are two wire, hot and ground)
Voltage V
Amperage A
Whether hot is on the inside of plug or outside (output is DC)(called polarity)

This would cover 98% of all adapters. If you look at the back of your power
brick. It will show voltage and amps and a little set of circles that tell you the
polarity. Shape of plug is obvious.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Problem with those multi-adapters.... if someone inadvertantly adjusts the voltage on the block... your Toshiba will never be the same.

Z is right... plug type, polarity, voltage & amperage... look on line for someone like " adapters are us " order one with the right specs!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:17 pm

These adaptors are one-way only, already have the polarity set; as far as I know, all laptops are the same polarity. There is no voltage adjustment. They are quite unlike your basic AC adaptor.

I have been using one for years for my customers and have not encountered a problem.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 am

Actually HG the old adapters had slider switches and four hot plugs in different
shapes on the end of the wire. They were very troublesome things. I guess HG
is trying to tell Hock and I that that the product has improved LOL.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 am

They may have. My first laptop power adaptor was designed specifically for the power requirements of laptop, and I bought it at some WalMart in the U.S. That was maybe 9 years ago, and there were no sliders. The ones I use for customers were purchased at a distrib in Guadalajara, again designed for laptops, with perhaps 10 different tips. Man, if I had to worry about polarity when hooking up a customer laptop, I'd be a wreck. My Acer laptop doesn't have any indicator etched into the plastic near the plug'ole.

Certainly the various other universal adaptors I keep around have sliders for different voltage settings; some even have polarity switches right on the adaptor as opposed to the reversable tips.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks HG, went WalMart today and got a MITZU MCA 7000 it has all the adaptor plugs and can be set anywere from 12v to 24v , best part was the cost 199.00 pesos.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 pm

I didn't see that one; does it say it's for laptops? Because the ones I saw didn't have settings for voltage... but hey, if it works, I'll go check it out.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down