INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telmex Internet Speed

+10
joec
ferret
Jim W
tictoc
ComputerGuy
Axixic
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
MexicoPete
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Telmex Internet Speed - Page 2 Empty Re: Telmex Internet Speed

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 am

Is Telecable not available in that area?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 am

No Telecable, not sure about brisas across the highway.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm

We have asked at the office - all we get is 'the shrug'. I believe the problem is that the server capacity is not adequate for the demand. They are supposed to upgrade but the tech support in Mexico City has no clue, and there is no local number.

The only thing which might work would be a petition to telecable saying the undersigned will switch to telecable if they put in the servers. Then a copy to Telmex. I have always had better luck with broadband rather than DSL.

We should together some time - I'll show what it is like to cast over 300 feet!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telmex Internet Speed - Page 2 Empty New Packages from Telmex

Post by KenD Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm

This is the new 599 package in Vista Del Lago
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2560021573.png

Kinda makes you re think your isp ?
They have been out 3 times to fix, just keeps getting worse!

KenD

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm

I have several customers in Vista del Lago the last two weeks who's speed has been too slow to use, but it sure has not been consistent; that is, one day house A is slow while B is "normal", and the next the reverse is true. But it seems to be a widespread enough problem at V d Lago that a major troubleshoot by TelMex is in order.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm

joec wrote:I have been very happy with Lagunanet for 11 years. From the complaints I see about Telmex Prodigy I would have dumped them a long time ago. 599 pesos for what???

Well since you asked. It includes a phone, 200 local calls a month free, LD free in Mexico, and 100 minutes of free call to US. Oh yea it also includes
internet. I get 5 up and .6 down just like I pay for. So I am happy. I can also understand others not being happy.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by peteben Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 pm

I have found that one of the key factors with Internet speed from Telmex is line attenuation. If you can, go into the modem management screen. There are a bunch of numbers in the DSL page and look for atenuacion de linea. The lower the better. Unfortunately for me, mine is about 50db, which makes for a very weak signal and a speed that maxes out around 2Mb.
I have had Telmex out here several times, but there is nothing they can do. All the houses in the neighborhood are the same. We are at the western end of the 766 exchange and the signal is weak. I suspect that a lot of you having slow speeds are in the same situation.
At least, with the new Technicolor modem, the connection is reliable. With the older Huawei, sometimes it would just lose the connection.

Pete

peteben
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 am

Unfortunately, several brands of TelMex modems, such as the Huawei, were the cause of connection problems. The current crop seem much more reliable from that aspect... but they still suffer from frequent power-supply damage. I guess unless the company can source a product that is designed for the power structure of the CFE, this will always be the case.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:33 am

HelperGuy wrote:Unfortunately, several brands of TelMex modems, such as the Huawei, were the cause of connection problems. The current crop seem much more reliable from that aspect... but they still suffer from frequent power-supply damage. I guess unless the company can source a product that is designed for the power structure of the CFE, this will always be the case.
Might I recommend a small UPS. They are fairly inexpensive and do an "ok" job of cleaning the power to your electronics.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm

tictoc wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Unfortunately, several brands of TelMex modems, such as the Huawei, were the cause of connection problems. The current crop seem much more reliable from that aspect... but they still suffer from frequent power-supply damage. I guess unless the company can source a product that is designed for the power structure of the CFE, this will always be the case.
Might I recommend a small UPS. They are fairly inexpensive and do an "ok" job of cleaning the power to your electronics.

One problem with many small UPS is while they say they are surge protectors they have such low ratings like 50 joules that they are useless and
basically won't protect anything. I would rather have a 30/40 dollar surge protector burn up rather than a expensive UPS. Three UPS units I looked
at basically had no protection contrary to what it said on the box. Anything less than 500 joules is basically useless in a surge protector. I use a
surge protector with a rating of 4300 joules feeding into a medium price 500 watt UPS. Walmart has good quality surge protectors in the electronics
section by the door. Monster is a good brand. I took one apart and it was well made. Found one cheap brand with neutral and hot reversed so beware down here. Pay for a good name is my opinion.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2