INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invitation to year round Ajijic residents

+5
Trailrunner
David
CheenaGringo
halcon
shana
9 posters

Go down

Invitation to year round Ajijic residents Empty Invitation to year round Ajijic residents

Post by shana Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 pm

I have an invitation for the year round residents of Ajijic from our new Mayor, Hector Espana. He has asked me to form a committee to help him move Ajijic forward. HIs motto is "Ajijic, big and alive". Ajijic, grande y vivo".

He wants to make the village a place people wish to visit and those who live here to take pride in.

He wants your help and input. This is not a one time let's get together and talk. You will be called upon to help move projects forward. You are valued.

This is your opportunity to actively participate in the municipality in which you live and make a difference.

If you are interested please PM me with your name, telephone number and email.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Invitation to year round Ajijic residents Empty Re: Invitation to year round Ajijic residents

Post by halcon Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

first on thee agenda......getting the mc cops to chill ! second....round up the thieves
third.....start to deal with the traffic. these are why i approach ajijic with apprehension.
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Invitation to year round Ajijic residents Empty Re: Invitation to year round Ajijic residents

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Wouldn't participation by foreigners be interpreted by some as becoming inolved in politics?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 pm

I think not. There's nothing political about improving one's community.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm

halcon wrote:first on thee agenda......getting the mc cops to chill ! second....round up the thieves
third.....start to deal with the traffic. these are why i approach ajijic with apprehension.

Gotta go with Halcon on this! And, that's about it too - Transitos, Thieves, and Traffic. (sounds like a country song) The 3 T's. Unfortunately, Hector has no authority over any of the 3 T's.

Just got back from Ajijic, beware the transitos they are out in La Floresta in force. One of them even crept up next to me on the right, I glanced over at him, ignored him, and he backed off. Sick of them! Nowhere else I've ever lived in this country had predators like this. If terrified tourists would stop paying mordida maybe it wouldn't be so bad. . . just sayin'

Congratulations to Hector! He certainly has a full plate now!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Hector Espana is the new Delegado for Ajijic. Each town has one and they are not official government employees. Mayor is just as good a word as any but really he is a town representative, a ¨voice ¨for people of the town. ..It is a community effort. not a political one. He doesn´t have any real äuthority ¨over anything but he is the link between the people and the authorities . It´s a good system and anyone can participate. Good luck, Shana!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm

[Just got back from Ajijic, beware the transitos they are out in La Floresta in force. One of them even crept up next to me on the right, I glanced over at him, ignored him, and he backed off. Sick of them! Nowhere else I've ever lived in this country had predators like this. If terrified tourists would stop paying mordida maybe it wouldn't be so bad. . . just sayin'

It is disgraceful and things are getting worse. In six plus years of residing in San Cristóbal de Las Casas and driving all over Southern Mexico, I have never seen anything like the slimy corrupt transitos at Lakeside. In San Cristóbal I have never seen anyone stopped for a traffic violation in six years (even though just the event of a Coleto simply getting behind the wheel should be a traffic violation) because they don´t put up with this crap.

It´s not tje clear violations of law of which I am speaking but the blatant corruption of the transit cop vultures at Lakeside seeking mordida.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

hound dog wrote:[Just got back from Ajijic, beware the transitos they are out in La Floresta in force. One of them even crept up next to me on the right, I glanced over at him, ignored him, and he backed off. Sick of them! Nowhere else I've ever lived in this country had predators like this. If terrified tourists would stop paying mordida maybe it wouldn't be so bad. . . just sayin'

It is disgraceful and things are getting worse. In six plus years of residing in San Cristóbal de Las Casas and driving all over Southern Mexico, I have never seen anything like the slimy corrupt transitos at Lakeside. In San Cristóbal I have never seen anyone stopped for a traffic violation in six years (even though just the event of a Coleto simply getting behind the wheel should be a traffic violation) because they don´t put up with this crap.

It´s not tje clear violations of law of which I am speaking but the blatant corruption of the transit cop vultures at Lakeside seeking mordida.

In the last 8 - 9 years of driving at Lakeside, I have not been stopped by a Transito for an infraction or phony infraction and had to pay mordida and I have US plates. If I were stopped for an infraction, I would take the ticket and pay it the next day.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 pm

[In the last 8 - 9 years of driving at Lakeside, I have not been stopped by a Transito for an infraction or phony infraction and had to pay mordida and I have US plates. If I were stopped for an infraction, I would take the ticket and pay it the next day.[/quote]

Neither have I John but in my case for 10 years. I guess it´s because we are law abiding citizens or just look too sorry and destitute to be worthy of a random stop. Now, in the vicinity of Tapachula, Chiapas, when we were in an accident, the local cops stole my wallet, the Federales demanded mordida to give us a ride back to our hotel and the insurance company´s own taller they used to fix the car stole everything in the car including the jack. Maybe you should get out more; leave the World´s Most Magnificent Subdivision for a while and travel to such exotic locales as , say La Canacinta. Despite your self-proclaimed dire poverty, you can afford that short drive.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Shana aka Shira: can you explain the connection between Hector and the brother who is responsible for getting so many of the crooks/criminals out of jail?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Hector´s brother is a lawyer...shitty job but somebody´s gotta do it.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 am

Shana, PM sent.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:33 am

Ms.Thang wrote:Hector´s brother is a lawyer...shitty job but somebody´s gotta do it.

Which brother is that, Ms. Thang? Hector's brother Oscar is the president of the Cruz Roja consejo.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 am

Oscar is a lawyer.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am

Yep.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 am

I have to say this from my dealings with Hector, that I have the highest regard for this man and I believe he will be great for his Community. I have heard excellent things about his brother Oscar as being President of Cruz Roja too.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down