INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libramiento Tire Store

+17
Ricardo
E-raq
Parker
brigitte
Chapalagringa
little italy
CheenaGringo
viajero
Jim W
joec
manymoonsago
David
lucky
Ms.Thang
CanuckBob
Flamingo
Trailrunner
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Libramiento Tire Store Empty Libramiento Tire Store

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Anybody else hear or know more about the reported robbery and kidnapping of the owner of that tire store?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Libramiento Tire Store Empty Re: Libramiento Tire Store

Post by Flamingo Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 pm

I saw a thread on TOB but no one had any facts, just the usual rumors.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 am

I just got some new tires there the other day. When I went to pick up my van the Policia arrived to talk with them about something.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 pm

He escaped!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 pm

hope that he did. the tire store here in joco (el chante) is closed and up for sale. same family, i am told.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:He escaped!
More info please!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Yesterday evening there was a huge comotion on the avenida in Chapala, police everywhere. A transito told me that some guy that had been kidnapped had escaped and turned up at a business on the avenida minus a pinky finger but otherwise O.K. and asking for help. My personal observations stop here.

Today other details came out from what I consider to be a reliable source but who knows. For sure Oscar is O.K. though. Hope he stays that way cause he surely pissed someone off now.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 am

That is great news. I also noticed the tire shop is locked up tight with a huge "For Sale" sign hanging on the fence.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:31 am

My reliable source tells me that Oscar got free and the ENTIRE family has left the country because they were informed that other family members would be taken, over and over again in succession, until the 10 million pesos demanded were paid.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 am

manymoonsago wrote:My reliable source tells me that Oscar got free and the ENTIRE family has left the country because they were informed that other family members would be taken, over and over again in succession, until the 10 million pesos demanded were paid.

That's a damn shame. What could he have done to p... someone off.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm

And the remaining detailed that I was told are that he was being held near Mezcala. He managed to free himself from the restraints and shoot the two captors that were guarding him. He said there were machine guns that he could have grabbed but he didn't know how to use them so he grabbed a handgun because he knew how to use it. He didn't know if he killed the guys or not but he got out and boarded a bus, got off in chapala and went to a local business to ask for help. His little finger had been chopped off and sent to his family.

Joe, that is what I meant when I said he p,'d someone off...because he shot his captors and escaped. He was kidnapped for a huge ransom that his family couldn't pay.

I can't think of any way that someone had gone through such an experience could go on living in this town...I hope he is far, far away.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:41 pm

This maybe an unrelated incident, but tooo similar not to be connected. Thursday @ 11:30 AM, I took a visiting friend to Cruz Roja to check out the facility. We walked up from Malecon, and there were 6 State Police vehicles, with at least 15 uniformed police guarding the entrance, plus 6 or 7 plain clothes armed men. As we walked into the reception area a Mexican man was rolled in on a hand truck of all things, and looked to be in rough shape.

I sent Dr. Sam an email, and since he was in Mexico City was not aware of what was going on. Later he advised, according to his sources @ Cruz Roja, the individual, had been kidnapped, beaten, and escaped earlier Thursday, the 7th. He was brought to Cruz Roja for treatment, and the Policia was there for his protection.

Hopefully Dr. Thelin can update us when he gets the facts, and if this was the same individual.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Jim W wrote: Thursday @ 11:30 AM, I took a visiting friend to Cruz Roja to check out the facility. We walked up from Malecon, and there were 6 State Police vehicles, with at least 15 uniformed police guarding the entrance, plus 6 or 7 plain clothes armed men. As we walked into the reception area a Mexican man was rolled in on a hand truck of all things, and looked to be in rough shape.
Jim,you saw all that activity and you still went in to tour the facility. Shocked
I'll bet all that made an impression on your visiting friend!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 pm

viajero wrote:
Jim W wrote: Thursday @ 11:30 AM, I took a visiting friend to Cruz Roja to check out the facility. We walked up from Malecon, and there were 6 State Police vehicles, with at least 15 uniformed police guarding the entrance, plus 6 or 7 plain clothes armed men. As we walked into the reception area a Mexican man was rolled in on a hand truck of all things, and looked to be in rough shape.
I'll bet all that made an impression on your visiting friend!

Chris, I didn't even think about his impression, untill we left Cruz Roja.....he was kinda freaked with the guns and commotion....Maybe I've lived here to long, as I take situations like this instride....so to speak.. Blackeye I don't think he believed me when I told him this was a movie set...... Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 pm

it is probably the same person. I am into day 4 of a run of insomnia and I get time and space mixed up when I don´t sleep.

I don´t know Oscar but I hear he is a pretty big guy and it took considerable effort for them to get him in the first place. What a fighter.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:02 pm

While I did a Google search trying to find the origin of the cutting off of fingers by kidnappers, I found plenty of examples of this being done all over the world. Maybe this tradition started in Alabama and the Dawg can furnish the history of this practice? Anyone else out there with any theories?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:While I did a Google search trying to find the origin of the cutting off of fingers by kidnappers, I found plenty of examples of this being done all over the world. Maybe this tradition started in Alabama and the Dawg can furnish the history of this practice? Anyone else out there with any theories?

This was not a big man, let's hold speculation, as I was there when he was wheeled in. I am saddened they closed their business.....they provided great service at a quality price!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:While I did a Google search trying to find the origin of the cutting off of fingers by kidnappers, I found plenty of examples of this being done all over the world. Maybe this tradition started in Alabama and the Dawg can furnish the history of this practice? Anyone else out there with any theories?

I don't understand your comment. Please tell me what your point is. I often think of this world full of sick people and have horrible dreams. So please don't make lite of this situation or the fact that people are suffering all over the world. who care who started the cutting off of fingers? I just hope someone doesn't take you for ransom and cuts your figures off and threatens your family. Please have a little respect. Yes I am sure you will have an answer and the "dawg" will have his as well. And yes everyone has the right to their opinion and this is mine. So bring it on.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:09 pm

little italy:

I am sorry but you seem to be reading too much into my question. I was curious as to when and where this practice started. By stating that I found examples from all over the world, I was pointing out that it wasn't just a Mexican criminal element thing. Yes, I had a bit of sarcasm in there when I pointed out that the learned Dawg might have an answer. This is a serious incident for the family and the community at the Lake!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Cheenagringo has an inquiring mind...that´s all. Kidnappings really stress me out too....my husband is a mexican businessman and I could really worry about this sort of thing if I let myself. I don´t see the harm in a light hearted stab at this thing...it turned out well this time.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Guys and Ladies, just shared true facts.....since I know my facts are true....balance of reporting is factual.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Mrs. Thang, would love to see you invest in personal protection dog. At school, they are selling puppies for 8,000 pesos. A great deal for this quality of a breed, they learn and train really quickly. There were some very educated people buying two this afternoon, a Mexican couple from Guadalajara. The wife said these problems are now everywhere and everyone needs a guard dog. I'd be happy to introduce you to mine. It's worth the peace of mind. Our dogs continue to advance and mine is head of his class.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:little italy:

I am sorry but you seem to be reading too much into my question. I was curious as to when and where this practice started. By stating that I found examples from all over the world, I was pointing out that it wasn't just a Mexican criminal element thing. Yes, I had a bit of sarcasm in there when I pointed out that the learned Dawg might have an answer. This is a serious incident for the family and the community at the Lake!

Thank you for your kind words. Didn't mean to be so rude as I was thinking of the family and what they must be going through. I know you care as we all do. Carry on Cheena.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

It seems to me you would cut the finger for ID purposes and terrorize the family into sending money. I believe one of the Getty kid lost his ear when he was kidnapped in Italy back in the 80´s and his grand father refused to believe the kidnappers had him.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Brigitte:

You are correct about the Getty incident as that showed up when I was looking. It just peeked my curiosity to find out where and when this method first started. When one thinks about it, how would someone know exactly from whom a finger was was amputated from since we do not have ownership tattooed on each of our fingers. I think it would be pretty strange receiving a finger with a ransom demand and then having the person released with all digits in tact.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next