INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping packages from mexico to the us

+5
brigitte
Rosa Venus
DonPito
Trailrunner
Mad_Max
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shipping packages from mexico to the us Empty Shipping packages from mexico to the us

Post by Mad_Max Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 pm

I was going to ship some boxes - 10 about 12 kilos each - mexican mail - but a friend said that you couldn't insure them.

Any suggestions on getting boxes to the US = cheap and insured ?
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shipping packages from mexico to the us Empty Re: Shipping packages from mexico to the us

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Very expensive, shipping MX mail to US. You can insure, but would they pay off? quien sabe

I've shipped a fair amount of boxes and shopped around to all the carriers. The hands down best, fastest, cheapest, and safest is Sol y Luna.

(Shipping boxes WITHIN Mexico is dirt cheap MX mail, tho)
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shipping packages from mexico to the us Empty Re: Shipping packages from mexico to the us

Post by Mad_Max Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 pm

I checked sol y luna - and they said they use fed ex for packages to the US..... so is that what you are recommending? (fed ex)

Thanks
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 pm

No, I ship US Priority Mail. S y L has the boxes. They get them to the border and they get dropped at the closest USPO. My boxes to SF, CA took about 5 days to a week.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks - I will go check them out - I am not in a rush - just want to receive what I send:)
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Estafeta.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 pm

And I did check out sol y luna's priority mail info - they just use the smaller boxes - and the boxes I want to send are 45 x 30 x 30 and their grande is 15 x 31 x 31 so that doesn't look like it will work - but I will still check with them. and the box size fits within priority mail size guidelines
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

DonPito wrote:Estafeta.
Do they have an office locally (I couldn't find on their website)

or do you just use MBE
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Yes, I had trouble getting the largest box too after awhile. If you know someone coming down, they can go to a USPO and get all the large boxes you need and bring them down and S and L can send them out. Can you use the smaller ones and use more? Not very cost effective, probably.

I had the same problem and finally just quit doing it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 pm

There are Estafeta pick up/drop off places around, saw one in Joco. They are good too but not cheap.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Mad_Max wrote:I was going to ship some boxes - 10 about 12 kilos each - mexican mail - but a friend said that you couldn't insure them.

Sounds more like a moving company is in order. Google "logistics".

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:41 am

Rosa Venus wrote:
Mad_Max wrote:I was going to ship some boxes - 10 about 12 kilos each - mexican mail - but a friend said that you couldn't insure them.

Sounds more like a moving company is in order. Google "logistics".

We are only talking about 10 boxes - about 25 pounds - that can be sent thru the mail that are 18 x 12 x 12. I would think UPS and Fed Ex would be cheaper than a moving company. I did ask MBE to give me an approximate price per box - 2800 pesos - and the post office should be under $100 US
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 am

Call Sebastian Exportaciones in Tlaquepaque . They are a consolidator/freight company they may be able to help you.
I shipped a palet of various merchandise for an artisan last year to New Mexico and it is not cheap but a whole lot cheaper than the other alternatives.

Multipack is another option . They are on La Paz in Guadalajara along with many other paqueterias.
The freight companies are the least expensive. Since you are shipping internationally you will need packing slips and inquire about customs.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:08 am

when I checked the companies I checked like Estafeta, Multipack and many others were all using US carriers and were flying the goods once they had cleared customs. You could save money by trucking to the border but NOB it was all air freight.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 am

See if you can find someone driving back north that will drop them in UPS or USPS on the other side. Lots of snowbirds headed north this time of the year.

I'm sure that some pesos for gas and tolls would come in handy

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 am

Do not go to a moving company but a freight company. Big difference. Fed Ex is more expensive than a freight company. They go via air the freight company by truck...simple.

if you have around 150 to 200 kg you need a freight company, a consolidator.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 am

Will only end up with less than 100 kg
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 am

You might also check with:
http://www.spacelogistics.net/

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:06 am

CheenaGringo wrote:You might also check with:
http://www.spacelogistics.net/
I did look at the website last night - but wasn't sure that it applied to a small shipper like me - have you (or anyone) used?
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 am

We have used them for larger shipments (pallet sized) but they do off package service:
http://www.spacelogistics.net/delivery-parcel.php

They are usually fairly prompt in answering email inquiries but there may be a delay until the holidays are over?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:06 am

I've used spacelogistics before and they were great. That's why yesterday I suggested you google "logistics". (Earlier in the post I said "moving company" when I really meant freight/shipping.) In my case, I used them to bring some furniture from Michoacan to here, but pretty sure a friend of mine also used them to ship some boxes. Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Check out this post on TOB.
http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=43164

They are heading to the States and will be towing an empty trailer. Looking for cargo and/or passengers to offset the cost.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 pm

You may want to try the new "postal" store next to the new Casa Gourmet close to HSBC across the street from Wal Mart. They offer all types of transportation.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Mad Max has departed according to a post on TOB.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks Neil, I read that too.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next