INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"?

5 posters

Go down

How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"? Empty How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"?

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:15 pm

While this has been bugging me since the first incident with two "E-raq" members but hadn't looked into it. Take a look at the way that the original "torre" from 3/21 shows up in the profile:
[img]How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"? T32110[/img]

And now the second "torre" that signed up today 4/2:
[img]How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"? T4210[/img]

While the two "rr"s in the second appear to be normal, they come from a different alphabet allowing for what appears to be a duplication of member name. I am guessing that the same technique was used to create what appeared to be two "E-raq"?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"? Empty Re: How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:19 pm

Yes and for those with even more time on their hands there are several other ways but really who cares. It takes those trolls more time to get the fake e-mail addresses than it does for me to delete them.....jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"? Empty Re: How Do We End Up with Two Members both named "torre"?

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:44 pm

on my board i can ban by name as well as other options. my provider has also done something about members with ip's from india and serbia who obviously have no interest in mexico. even with these filters i get the odd one coming through, but nuke them immediately if not sooner.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Pedro wrote:on my board i can ban by name as well as other options. my provider has also done something about members with ip's from india and serbia who obviously have no interest in mexico. even with these filters i get the odd one coming through, but nuke them immediately if not sooner.

I wondered how that odd one managed to get past the firewall.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm

In all fairness Pedro, it is much easier to manage a couple hundred non posting members, than over a 1000 active, difficult to anticipate posters. razberry
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down