INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Jack

+2
ComputerGuy
futureisendless
6 posters

Go down

Magic Jack Empty Magic Jack

Post by futureisendless Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:21 am

we have been trying to renew our annual fee for magic jack, first time, Nada...not happening. So we are looking at purchasing new one, we can send for one in the US...but has anyone bought one in Guad, or here in Mexico? Open to other systems...ideas? Gracias Magic Jack 477249 Magic Jack 477249

futureisendless

Back to top Go down

Magic Jack Empty Re: Magic Jack

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 am

This seems to be the biggest problem with MJ these days. As long as it still works, it can be renewed. Have you tried the Support Chat function, or phoning them?

I complained the other day that it cost me $55 to renew; now I see an ad last night for a full year for $19.95, no admin fee or anything... so you takes yer chances on the pricing end, too.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by futureisendless Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 am

Gracias....I thought it was the best thing since slice bread...now I would say, what a pain.

futureisendless

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am

In fact, trying to set up a Plus right now... reinstalled Windows XP on the machine, and plugging in both the older Jack and the new Plus gets me only a login window where I can "add another year" or "five more years"... no option to do anything else. Same thing on their website, so for the last hour I am on with Tech Support who so far has got me to repeat the same crap three times.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:44 am

HelperGuy wrote:In fact, trying to set up a Plus right now... reinstalled Windows XP on the machine, and plugging in both the older Jack and the new Plus gets me only a login window where I can "add another year" or "five more years"... no option to do anything else. Same thing on their website, so for the last hour I am on with Tech Support who so far has got me to repeat the same crap three times.

I got tired of this kind of stuff so I went with Net Talk. Don't miss Magic Jack.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 am

Agreed it is probably time. MJ continues to say they get 250,000 new subs a month, which sounds like lunacy to me, but they certainly cannot offer the kind of support that amount of business would suggest is required.

The current problem is the same for an old MJ and the new one, on TWO different PCs, both with fresh installs: one XP SP2, and one W7 SP1. So we know it's not the computers.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shirley Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 am

Used to have lots of problems with MJ, then installed the APP on my IPad and no more problems...
shirley
shirley

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

I had to give up. Four hours including last night, and they told me to install Java so they could take control..... they promised the Browser chat would reload so we could carry on, and of course it didn't. I started a new chat and was made to go through the whole process, to be told that the problem was the credit card, and to check with the bank, because the "order was refused". But of course no order had ever been made, and the previous MJ was paid for perfectly well using the same card. Morons. Looking for a NetTalk device...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by futureisendless Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 am

OYYYYYY

futureisendless

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:42 am

I'm missing something. Why do you need a device? I have no problem with Skype. . . What about Google?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Magic Jack Empty NetTalk

Post by Irish Gal Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm

HelperGuy wrote:I had to give up. Four hours including last night, and they told me to install Java so they could take control..... they promised the Browser chat would reload so we could carry on, and of course it didn't. I started a new chat and was made to go through the whole process, to be told that the problem was the credit card, and to check with the bank, because the "order was refused". But of course no order had ever been made, and the previous MJ was paid for perfectly well using the same card. Morons. Looking for a NetTalk device...

You might want to check out this blogpost about NetTalk and Todd Lacy's experience with it. Says it worked consistently about 45% of the time. Evil or Very Mad

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:14 pm

I got the damned thing working, no thanks to them. They coulda told me it was already registered...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down