INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WalMart... =sigh=

+12
gringal
Flamingo
Texmexco
Pedro
Dr. Sam Thelin
slainte39
CheenaGringo
MyHomeSweetHome
Zedinmexico
Jim W
SunFan
ComputerGuy
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WalMart... =sigh= - Page 2 Empty Re: WalMart... =sigh=

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:46 pm

I will not purchase any single item exceeding $16.99USD at WallyWorld because I am fully aware that I cannot expect any type of warranty or customer service should I have a problem!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:39 am

David wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Unfortunately, this is true not just of WalMart, but many other chains like Sears, BestBuy, CostCo... once they get big enough, they can order brand-name products to their own specs. This was also true of the big catalog stores that that had their hayday in the 80's.

This does not always mean, however, that the product is inferior. WalMart did not create the throwaway mentality; they just cleaned up on the concept.
There's a world of difference between Walmart and Costco; Costco is one of the 100 Best Companies to work for, Walmart one of the (probably the leader) worst. Costco branded (Kirkland) products are very good, Walmart branded are inferior. Nuff said. No need to mention both of them in the same sentence.
Again, not comparing quality, just commenting on the state of supply chain. CostCo is one of the biggest (in terms of names that the public sees), and I think we all applaud them for the way they run the business... and make huge profits, which proves you don't have to be a**holes to your staff or suppliers, and still make money.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Believe or not, a lot of manufacturers do not like Costco because they buy a lot of their product from liquidators and sell it below suggested retail. That is one of the reasons that Costco has such a great return policy because many manufacturers won't warrant a product bought from Costco. This is primarily with the products that are there for blow-out, not the day to day items.

As an example, a few years back Bose used to put ads in the Canadian newspapers that they wouldn't warrant any products bought from Costco for these reasons.

Here is another example:

http://www.furnituretoday.com/article/23748-Mfrs_don_t_like_Costco_sales.php

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 pm

HelperGuy wrote: CostCo is one of the biggest (in terms of names that the public sees), and I think we all applaud them for the way they run the business... and make huge profits, which proves you don't have to be a**holes to your staff or suppliers, and still make money.
I agree 100 percent,it treats its employees and its customers well,just look at its policy on presciption drug sales.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by lilikoi Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Walmart sucks in any country and I do my best to stay as far away as often as possible for many personal reasons. But not to be a hypocrite, I have
had to pick up a thing or two in there on occasion. I have read so many complaints about the Ajijic store that when I moved here I just thought, stay clear.
lilikoi
lilikoi

Humor : Radical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum